can anyone suggest a cable to connect my canon 40d to a blackberry playbook so i can transfer images to the pb and not have to lug my laptop around?
    thanks
    03-16-13 09:49 AM
    There are currently no officially supported means of accessing external storage for the PlayBook other than bridging with a BlackBerry phone.

Unofficially, there may be a way to work around if you root your PlayBook. I haven't even tried, but if you're feeling adventurous, check this out HowTo – Guide for BlackBerry PlayBook USB Hosting (Connecting External HDD & Pendrives) | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community
    kingzogofalbania likes this.
    03-16-13 10:03 AM
    There are currently no officially supported means of accessing external storage for the PlayBook other than bridging with a BlackBerry phone.

Unofficially, there may be a way to work around if you root your PlayBook. I haven't even tried, but if you're feeling adventurous, check this out HowTo – Guide for BlackBerry PlayBook USB Hosting (Connecting External HDD & Pendrives) | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community
    you can no longer root your PB unless running a really old OS, i wouldnt recommend it.

Get WiFi SD Card and set up file sharing.
    03-16-13 10:04 AM
    can anyone suggest a cable to connect my canon 40d to a blackberry playbook so i can transfer images to the pb and not have to lug my laptop around?
    thanks
    Some alternative methods of getting images from a digital camera to the PlayBook are at the thread below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...camera-752904/
    03-16-13 10:20 AM
    I just put my SD card from my camera into the slot on my PC, connected my PlayBook to my PC, and then dragged and dropped them into my PB. Worked fine, no issues.
    03-29-13 01:33 PM
    thanks, but i was hoping to find a way to avoid the computer ... i.e. transfer pics directly from the camera to the playbook. ive concluded it probably isnt possible.
    03-29-13 02:29 PM
    thanks, but i was hoping to find a way to avoid the computer ... i.e. transfer pics directly from the camera to the playbook. ive concluded it probably isnt possible.
    Eye-fi card will do it. If you do a search on the forum you will find previous discussions on the issue

Malcolm

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    03-29-13 02:43 PM
    thanks malcolm ... but i have a canon 40 d, which is cd ... and eye-fi requires sd/sdhc. at least thats what ive been told.
    sigh.
    03-29-13 02:58 PM
    thanks malcolm ... but i have a canon 40 d, which is cd ... and eye-fi requires sd/sdhc. at least thats what ive been told.
    sigh.
    Would a CF to SD converter card like
    SD Card to CompactFlash Card Adaptor: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories not work?

If you look at 'Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought' it looks like people who bought this also bought Eye-fi SD card.

+ Amazon have it linked as a Frequently bought together with a Eye-fi Pro x2 card

Malcolm.
    03-29-13 04:04 PM
    You can also check the Eye-fi site. They list compatible cameras.
    03-29-13 06:36 PM