Holy smokes! I was right! I made a post about speculation of the BB10 hardware later this year and it turns out I was right about it having impressive specs. To some it will only be normal. To others, like myself, it will impress.

Details emerge of first BlackBerry 10 devices: touchscreen L and QWERTY N-Series -- Engadget
    06-25-12 11:03 AM
    Holy smokes! I was right! I made a post about speculation of the BB10 hardware later this year and it turns out I was right about it having impressive specs. To some it will only be normal. To others, like myself, it will impress.

Details emerge of first BlackBerry 10 devices: touchscreen L and QWERTY N-Series -- Engadget
    Lol. They say we are "desperate" because we like physical keyboards. Good one Engadget.
    06-25-12 11:13 AM
    Question: Can you get DOS Box on an iPad without first jailbreaking it?
    06-25-12 11:25 AM
    Not quite. Check out the XDA forums. Spend a little time there and interact with them. You'll find them to be very caustic and hateful. Insulting you seems to be their motto. If you don't fully agree with them, you are an outcast and subject to harassment. It's as if there are people who patrol the forums for no other reason than to attack people at any chance. Crackberry has rude people similar to the ones at XDA, but they are usually from XDA. Mostly, though, the Crackberry forums are civil, kind and respectful.
    truth. XDA are the most immature bunch of pimply faced adolescents who think they're "h4xx0rZ" I've ever run across on mobile tech forums. Developers there are the only general exception, but they probably make up about 1% of the membership. The readers there suck. Not all, but very very many.
    06-25-12 02:10 PM
    Has anyone pointed out the most laughingly obvious error in judgement about this thread yet? It's that someone ran out and bought a new tablet by ANY manufacturer when the market is about to be flooded with brand new tablet releases in just a few short months. Foolish purchase.
    06-25-12 02:13 PM
    Has anyone pointed out the most laughingly obvious error in judgement about this thread yet? It's that someone ran out and bought a new tablet by ANY manufacturer when the market is about to be flooded with brand new tablet releases in just a few short months. Foolish purchase.
    Don't see why, unless one is by nature an early-adopter. Plenty, if not most, aren't. Bought my wife a new iPad, and she's very pleased with it. It's a time-tested product with solid OS, so it seemed the best purchase for her.

As much as I'd like to get my hands on one of those new Microsoft tablets when they hit the scene, I won't. Instead, I'll wait for the early adopters to line up and pay sky-high prices for them, work through the inevitible bugs, and then pick one up a couple of years later with the appropriate fixes and lower prices (if I still want one by then).
    06-25-12 02:17 PM
    Don't see why, unless one is by nature an early-adopter. Plenty, if not most, aren't. Bought my wife a new iPad, and she's very pleased with it. It's a time-tested product with solid OS, so it seemed the best purchase for her.

As much as I'd like to get my hands on one of those new Microsoft tablets when they hit the scene, I won't. Instead, I'll wait for the early adopters to line up and pay sky-high prices for them, work through the inevitible bugs, and then pick one up a couple of years later with the appropriate fixes and lower prices (if I still want one by then).
    Same .. I made the mistake once with buying the iPad when it just came on the market. Useless thing ofcourse which didnt allow me what I wanted. Plus I freaking hate iTunes for always wanting to synchronize my stuff.

Then Playbook came out and wanted one straight away. However, ofc.. the bugs the issues in the beginning. So I waited untill the price dropped and recently bought 2 of em.

Does everything I want, use windows on the playbook through citrix, a nice game here and then and easy to put some movies on. All I wanted and it fits in my backpocket. I'm sold!
    06-25-12 03:02 PM
    Well dang I must be heading down the wrong road,

I have a 64Gplaybook and 32G playbook and just upgraded to a BOld 9930 and also the music gateway.

The only thing in this thread that really caught my interest wasnt the fact that some dude is about to drop a lot of money and find out in the long run, that the main things he uses his table for are the same. Enjoy that apple browser

but the dude talking about the asus tablet. I have a asus netbook and asus touch screen PC and really like ASUS products, Like the fact he connected a hard drive to tablet but then this is the realization I came to a few months ago. When I first got a tablet, I was bummed out about no way to connect up my hard drives but since I mainly use my tablet on the couch, I have a hard time surfing and charging my playbook so Im sure connectiong up more wiring for a hard drive wouldnt work either.

Anyways STICK WITH PLAYBOOK, but the asus tablet does sound good, maybe if it runs WINDOWS 8 and can install poker site software LOL

My only gripe is the biggest ADVANTAGE, the BRIDGE, I wish the playbook and Blackerry would be as one thru the bridge (they still seem like two different worlds trying to merge somewhere) , ITS a great THING but it just makes me want it to do more
    06-25-12 04:58 PM
    To each his own. My own will be BB but like others have said if your happy that is all that realy matters right? How are those fart apps? J/K

Blackberry people DO. Apple people follow.......in heards lol
    06-25-12 06:40 PM
    You know there are quite a few downsides to the Playbook, and which is exactly why I purchased a Galaxy 8.9 a few months ago on Craigslist. I'm very anti Apple and would never make the switch in that direction. It's just the perfect size at 8.9.

I still get pissed at times that I paid 500 and now I see them going for about 120 online for the 16 gig Playbook. That's the price of loyalty though. Really wanted a data plan through ATT but I know that's the fault of the idiots at ATT.

I'm not sure what direction future RIM tablets are headed but the loyalty is still there. Pretty excited about OS 10.
    06-25-12 11:27 PM
    By the way, I still have my Playbook. It's great when I'm watching movies on the treadmill and bed browsing. Plus the HDMI connection is great for my lectures in the classroom.
    06-25-12 11:29 PM
    My only complaint about the playbook is the screen size. For me the ipad is too large and the playbook is too small. I wish RIM would release a tablet between the sizes of the playbook and the ipad.
    06-25-12 11:37 PM
    Well even after a few days this thread is still going, well to clear up a few things I didn't rush out and just buy the. iPad I looked into other tablets too but none of them appealed to me I don't like android and have had the tablets and phones b4 anyone asks. The iPad seemed the most likely to please me. Yes new tablets are coming out in next couple of months and if I'm honest I will be getting a win8 tablet too but for different reason I.e work related. There are too many ppl on here that like the sound of there own voice banging on about fanboys even iirc rim do apple follow, what the most ppl go with apple for the simple reason proven, simple, ecosystem and the fact it just works. I haven't felt limited one bit using the iPad where as the pb I did. I still have my bb9900 as I think it is a superb phone does exactly what I expect from a bb, this is where the pb failed as a tablet b4 os2 didn't even do what a tablet should do and after IMO was still a let down. Again this is where my iPhone 4s is a good phone too as it does exactly what I would expect from a apple product works and works well.

I hope rim can change their fortunes but I just can't see it with regards the tablet market especially when win8 is released
    06-26-12 04:58 AM
    166 responses, I guess a few people did care after all

If bb10 doesn't fix the email and file manager issues, I'll probably be headed the windows 8 direction.
    rcm1301, Haseleyman and brianatbb like this.
    06-26-12 06:58 AM
    I think iPad offers a more refined experience out of the box!
    Although PB as a lot of potential is not there yet. Don't get me wrong, I love my PB, but it still feels like a beta product in many ways. For example, sometimes it starts drain battery like crazy even being in standby.
    I think having real multitasking and flash support is where it takes the lead. Of course iOS is simple to use and have hundred of thousand of apps. I don't need them all but it should include at least some of the most usefull and most common. I don't understand why RIM doesn't focus a bit more on sotware by creating some gorgeous apps by themselfs, namely a better office suite, a better camera app, a better movie and music player.
    I believe android apps support is a great feature, but I will be more pleased with native apps.
    FF22, rcm1301 and sean3089 like this.
    06-26-12 07:34 AM
    The PB's fine. It's a tablet after all. I have frequent use of an iPad2 and I never really take it anywhere - it's large and cumbersome. For business and productivity the iPad does no better, if you work out of a BB phone it does much worse. I take the PB only on trips now - I do not own a laptop and the PB is miles faster than the 10 year old ThinkPad my office gives me. Ultimately I do all my real productive work on my home desktop which is a real workhorse so I find Tablets, particularly the PB to be excellent for mobile use. Document editing, browsing, emails and PDFs all work fine on the PlayBook, as does entertainment through a mixture of android apps and natives (flipboard, path, pinterest, zinio, poynt, tablettv and some music apps). The only thing I lust after on the iPad is Instagram.
    I noticed in your post that you have managed to get flipboard working on your playbook. How do I get it to work on my playbook? Thats seriously awesome!!
    06-26-12 09:42 AM
    Stick with playbook.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    RedDawn10 likes this.
    06-26-12 10:19 AM
    All the best wih your ipad.. and of course the browser is faster .. it does less. Please post an update after you've used it for a while if and when you get bored with the UI and the size. You may find it collecting dust after the novelty wears off. I use my playbook almost everyday for a lot of uses as well as on the go.
    Bingo. I use my iPad as an Internet device. Safari is quite frustrating at times.
    06-26-12 10:40 AM
    This has been an interesting thread, I think passionate is one way to describe many posts.

I personally like the PB and find it works great with my work (when I can prise it out of my wifes hands). Luckily most of my work access is browser based.

I am going to be purchasing a new one soon, I have looked at the alternatives myself, the decent androids seem to be almost at apple pricing in some cases. Ipad is too large for me, PB ticks the boxes.

If its not for you then its not for you. Imagine how boring the world would be if we all liked the same things
    06-26-12 11:14 AM
    I think iPad offers a more refined experience out of the box!
    Although PB as a lot of potential is not there yet. Don't get me wrong, I love my PB, but it still feels like a beta product in many ways. For example, sometimes it starts drain battery like crazy even being in standby.
    I think having real multitasking and flash support is where it takes the lead. Of course iOS is simple to use and have hundred of thousand of apps. I don't need them all but it should include at least some of the most usefull and most common. I don't understand why RIM doesn't focus a bit more on sotware by creating some gorgeous apps by themselfs, namely a better office suite, a better camera app, a better movie and music player.
    I believe android apps support is a great feature, but I will be more pleased with native apps.
    I had the problem with battery drain last week it was draining 30% on standby overnight but I did a reset and it fixed the issue.
    06-26-12 11:44 AM
    There is one thing about the PB browser that annoys me badly, the touch response. If I'm not extremely careful when trying to scroll a webpage, it will sense a command and open one of those side ads or an undesired link. It opens them in an alternate tab. I have to make sure I touch the screen at a void area to keep it from opening an undesired link.
    06-26-12 12:52 PM
    There is one thing about the PB browser that annoys me badly, the touch response. If I'm not extremely careful when trying to scroll a webpage, it will sense a command and open one of those side ads or an undesired link. It opens them in an alternate tab. I have to make sure I touch the screen at a void area to keep it from opening an undesired link.
    Isn't that the case with most touch screens? Ever try bezel scrolling, double tap to zoom first?
    06-26-12 12:55 PM
    Isn't that the case with most touch screens? Ever try bezel scrolling, double tap to zoom first?
    Not really. I haven't experienced it like this on anything else. Bezel scrolling? Not understanding. I know about the bottom bezel closing folders but haven't discovered bezel scrolling in the browser.
    06-26-12 01:19 PM
    Not really. I haven't experienced it like this on anything else. Bezel scrolling? Not understanding. I know about the bottom bezel closing folders but haven't discovered bezel scrolling in the browser.
    You still have to start on the edge of the screen, while sliding your finger move it slightly on the bezel and then slide up or down as needed. Won't help if you touch an ad anyway though.
    brianatbb likes this.
    06-26-12 01:29 PM
    You still have to start on the edge of the screen, while sliding your finger move it slightly on the bezel and then slide up or down as needed. Won't help if you touch an ad anyway though.
    I see. Yeah, it seems about as convenient as finding a void area. Thanks for the info, though.
    06-26-12 01:33 PM
190 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD