I love my pb and my kid wants an Ipad, except is so expensive he cant save fast enough to get it, the other day he was bored and I offered my pb, he said no cause it was boring.

A couple days later he asked for it, and I said no, its boring.

Careful what you say...
    06-22-12 09:18 PM
    I think anyone that starts a "leaving blackberry" or "leaving crackberry" thread anywhere other than in the forums for the "I'm leaving" threads should be banned from posting any longer.
    And if turnabout is fair play then the same should be done for anyone who posts a "I'm back" or
    "Switched from Device X to BlackBerry" thread I assume, or are those the ONLY ones you
    approve of?

Here is an idea, if a thread topic assaults your sensibilities just don't read it and move on.
    There, simple isn't it?
    kozmo68, rcm1301, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    06-22-12 09:21 PM
    Well after almost a year of having the playbook I have given up on it and got a iPad 3 yesterday. The difference for me is like night and day. I just can't see how the playbook can compete. iPad browser is a lot faster and no chequer boarding, also the serve lack of apps is also an issue for me. The playbook is a good device for the money but is no competition for the iPad
    It should be faster, its the 3 rd ipad.. And first playbook..
    06-22-12 09:31 PM
    Why people compare an iPad and a Playbook is beyond me. While they are tablets, their size meet different needs and uses. I see post about the iPad as too big and heavy. The Playbook is too small. Pick a size, then chose a tablet. As for as apps, to each his own. I can watch flash on an iPad. There a work around to many things on both devices.

I think the Playbook is the best 7" tablets, the iPad for 10".
    06-22-12 09:33 PM
    of course the New iPad (Not iPad 3) has many apps that the PB doesn't.. plus the incredible pixel density of 264 ppi. But it still lacks the contextual next word prediction feature of the PB and the amazing multitasking experience.. Anyhow, I'm glad that you found your cup of tea and hope you make great use of its features.
    06-22-12 09:47 PM
    And if turnabout is fair play then the same should be done for anyone who posts a "I'm back" or
    "Switched from Device X to BlackBerry" thread I assume, or are those the ONLY ones you
    approve of?

Here is an idea, if a thread topic assaults your sensibilities just don't read it and move on.
    There, simple isn't it?
    Or, get a sense of humor, recognize a joke, laugh or not, and then move on, seems simple enough to me. . Just joking around with ya AG, lighten up a little, will ya?

On a serious note though, those who leave and come back usually don't post just to get a reactionary response like many of those who are leaving. Personally, I don't post responses to either if I even bother to read their post and just move on. However with that said, there was forum setup some time ago just for such posts and this thread should be there, not here.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-22-12 11:16 PM
    I did a similar thing..
    I bought an ipad 2 a week ago..
    I said it a year ago that if the language pack on the PB is not introduced within a year (Arabic) I'm out of the PB. More than a year and no sign for it. How refreshing on the iPad that the language pack is introduced out of the box at set up. It was basic yet very essential for me as I could not type in my native language nor read certain blogs.
    Then of course the lack of Skype. Now I can Skype all I want.
    I was too cheap to buy the iPad 3 as I didn't see much improvement in it to iPad 2.
    Yes, things that I immediately notice is the superior browser in the iPad.
    Others:
    - obviously the infinite apps
    - better for reading
    - nice integration to emails where I can email links stories etc
    - great battery life
    - loads of accessories for iPad.

Obviously the PB has its advantages:
    - flash although I have not noticed the advantage to the websites I vist frequently
    - portability
    - better camera hardware if you compare it to iPad 2 (haven't used iPad 3 )
    - multi tasking...easier to move between apps I would say
    - moving files to from the PB
    - the bridge function since I own a BB handset but to be honest the novelty has worn off for me and I don't use it as much and I suspect it is the same for many people since now finally you can set up the corporate email directly to your PB but still nice for data plan use from BB handset

The deal breaker for me was the language issue and the apps. I don't believe I would have jumped to iPad if the aforementioned 2 issues were met on the PB as I was never much into apple products but I jumped ships for those reasons.

I'm sure there other differences but this is what I noticed immediately. Of course most people are attracted to the newer device. I.e. obviously the iPad in our case
    06-23-12 02:27 AM
    most grateful for those who turned an entire useless farewell
    into entertainment for all faithful PB users here

despite that I envy that bloke - I'll never get the same attention
    if praising PB to the skies now
    Last edited by Anvil2k12; 06-23-12 at 03:16 AM. Reason: sbelling
    06-23-12 03:13 AM
    I have never seen a group like this before.

I see all these kinds of post and how the Ipad has so many apps, how it does this, how it does that.

I'M SICK OF IT.

Move on and go tell everyone on an iPad forum how bad your Playbook was, then when the novelty wears off you will be posting hateful none productive post like this one.

Oh hey don't forget ........ when you buy an iPad you maybe driving another worker at Foxiconn to jump to there death at the factory. Oh...... I forgot they put up jumper nets to catch them so don't worry about it.

Just out of interest, what do you know about the working conditions of workers who assemble PBs and BBs, if anything?
    06-23-12 05:36 AM
    Firstly my post was not trolling as said in anyway, I chose the pb over the iPad originally and was happy with it and there was always the promise of os2 which came and IMO failed to deliver. My statement was for the money the pb is the best in that price band. But for me the lack of apps and the slow browser ruined it for me. It is a shame rim had a great chance with the playbook. I switched as it was my choice and overall I rate the iPad higher as it suits my needs better. Also when u come on here how many threads appear "playbook dead" or camera doesn't work after update or I let my batt die now pb won't charge. Hardly does wonders for the rep of a already tarnished product ??
    Agreed.

I like my playbook. It suits my needs well and it does it in a small form factor, but perhaps when you look it things objectively, it isn't a wonder that the playbook's reputation is so bad. There are an alarming number of issues that shouldn't happen. My very first experience with 2 brand new playbooks was bad - 1 would not turn on even after charging for 24 hours and the other would not properly boot in to the OS. I'm glad I persevered, but many wouldn't!

It is a shame that the playbook isn't better than it is. The hardware and build quality are good on the whole aside from the failures, but there are too many niggles with the software and it is probably too late for it's reputation to recover, regardless of how good BB10 is.
    06-23-12 06:15 AM
    Oh please! Get off your isoap box!. There are "niggles" with every platforms. Spend some time on an iPad forum or an Android forum and you'll read very similar frustrartions as on Crackberry.

If any of you truly believe, however erroneously, that the PB is so bad, then find a forum focused on your platform of choice. It's really that simple.
    kozmo68 and Marty_LK like this.
    06-23-12 06:45 AM
    I liked my PlayBook a lot. I traded it for a 9930 because I need a phone before I need a tab. Here's what I found some pros and cons to be.

Pros:
    Size
    Bridge (no extra data fee)
    Full web experience
    Cost
    Gestures, UI
    Multitasking

Cons:
    Lack of apps
    Many apps don't work when bridged
    Some sites don't load when bridged

I'll eventually get another PlayBook. I'm looking forward to BlackBerry 10 on it and may get the 4G model if the data is reasoable.
    06-23-12 07:02 AM
    For all of you who have left your playbook for something else, I'll take your playbook off your hands. I keep offering yet I haven't had any takers. As I've stated before, I have 2 playbooks, one since launch and to date I haven't had any issues with battery life, charging, screen, camera or anything. None and I use mine every day, I take it with me just about everywhere. Bridged with my unlimited data plan it does everything I need to in a day. It's not perfect but I don't expect it to be. Nothing today is perfect except for the shiny pictures and altered images marketers use to make you believe you got to have it. Last chance people, get rid of your useless playbooks, I'll give $50 for each one.....
    06-23-12 07:19 AM

This is why I stay away from CB so much. I am all for the 1st Amendment...but even that is against the law to some degree if it is used to incite riots or intended to start a fight.

Listen, are we happy you found a tablet that "suits" you, not really. Do we care why you are leaving... to the no. We would all much rather you just not say anything and fade to black. Or maybe if you are good friends with some members, PM them that you are changing allegiance.

We are all self centered and absorbed...we most assuredly won't miss you nor will we give your departure any real thought. And that is ok...you will live, after all you are headed to the "I" promised land.

Be like the lover of the cheating wife, whose husband just came home and you have to get out of Dodge before he removes your spine from your body by way of your neck. Don't confront him and explain why your leaving, just GET OUT!!!
    I don't think I'm self centred and absorbed. I'm also quite interested to hear why someone else is leaving and how they find they're new platform.

Perhaps if RIM spent more time looking at the reasons why people are leaving, there wouldn't be so many people leaving.
    06-23-12 07:25 AM
    I think people leaving or coming back should post in the sticky http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/ instead of making a new thread. Anyone interested in thoughts etc can read it there. But like anything people are going to do what they want to.
    mikeplus1, berry124 and Marty_LK like this.
    06-23-12 07:35 AM
    I think anyone that starts a "leaving blackberry" or "leaving crackberry" thread anywhere other than in the forums for the "I'm leaving" threads should be banned from posting any longer.
    I think posts like yours should rather be banned. Stop whining. Stay away and don't read threads that start with "leaving...". I like to hear what other people are thinking or saying, because it educates me, even though I may not agree with them. Don't we have free speech?
    kretch and jivegirl14 like this.
    06-23-12 07:39 AM
    Or, get a sense of humor, recognize a joke, laugh or not, and then move on, seems simple enough to me. . Just joking around with ya AG, lighten up a little, will ya?

On a serious note though, those who leave and come back usually don't post just to get a reactionary response like many of those who are leaving. Personally, I don't post responses to either if I even bother to read their post and just move on. However with that said, there was forum setup some time ago just for such posts and this thread should be there, not here.
    Yeah Mike, you're right and don't let that go to your head Mr

I don't think the OP was going for a reactionary effect though it is inevitable. He laid out
    some good points and there was / still is a good discussion to be had IF people would stop
    taking it personally when someone finds the BlackBerry lacking. It isn't the best tool for everyone.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    06-23-12 07:44 AM
    Oh please! Get off your isoap box!. There are "niggles" with every platforms. Spend some time on an iPad forum or an Android forum and you'll read very similar frustrartions as on Crackberry.

If any of you truly believe, however erroneously, that the PB is so bad, then find a forum focused on your platform of choice. It's really that simple.
    Maybe you should re-read what I wrote. Where in my post did you see that I find my PB 'so bad'? I said I like it and I am glad I persevered.

I see your point and you are right that there are issues with all platforms, but considering sales of the PB are/were considerably lower than that of the iPad, for example, failure rates are proportionately high!

...And "Get off your isoap box!" Is that an implication that I am pro apple? If it is, you're wrong. I am 'pro things that work properly'. Which, since getting past my initial issues, is my playbook and 9900 combo. When it stops being what I need or stops working, I will look at what is available. I have no allegiance to a technology company. I don't see why anyone would.
    06-23-12 07:47 AM
    Yeah, They are different animals, so there's no real fair comparison, But I've found uses for both of them! The ipad goes wherever I go, and the PB makes a great paper weight! Actually, I keep it by my desktop and use it as a email and message reader. Someday, maybe they'll get the OS to be more useful, but for now, I'm not holding my breath.
    06-23-12 07:58 AM
    I think posts like yours should rather be banned. Stop whining. Stay away and don't read threads that start with "leaving...". I like to hear what other people are thinking or saying, because it educates me, even though I may not agree with them. Don't we have free speech?
    Yes, we shouldn't allow anyone to express their complete frustration with RIM for failing so badly. Comments like that should be banned, or limited to the official complaint zone. Bye bye Comrade!
    06-23-12 08:01 AM
    You guys are worse than a bunch of kids....mine is better no mines better, and then get real nasty and get some name calling in as well.. Way to make yourselves look like spoiled kids up trying to protect and aging and out of date PB...no wonder CB is getting such a bad name.
    You guys sing the same song every time there is an update or a new phone comes out and each and every time it sooner or later flopped....look at the BlackBerry slider phone....if you guys were grown up like you say all BB users are you would have an open mind. The OP is happy with his device and that good for him, glad it works for him.
    Last edited by BB_Junky; 06-23-12 at 08:04 AM.
    06-23-12 08:02 AM
    I have owned both a Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Tundra.
    Comparing the Playbook to the iPad is similar to comparing the Corolla to the Tundra.
    I don't see the Playbook as an iPad competitor. They are different devices but both are tablets.
    The Corolla to the Tundra different devices that are both vehicles.

- Both vehicles will get you from point A to B.
    - Both a quality items.
    - The Tundra will do things that the Corolla won't, like tow a 10,000lb trailer.
    - The Tundra costs twice as much as the Corolla.
    - The Corolla is not a direct competitor to the Tundra.
    - People can and do own both for different reasons.

The difference is, Toyota didn't release the Corolla with promises that they can't fulfil.

I am happy with my Playbook but I bought it 6 months after it was released, for $199 knowing, what it's limitations were.
    I don't blame any early adopter, that paid the full price, for being disappointed with RIM.
    Last edited by Angus_CB; 06-23-12 at 08:44 AM.
    howarmat and john_v like this.
    06-23-12 08:40 AM
    I have owned both a Toyota Corolla and a Toyota Tundra.
    Comparing the Playbook to the iPad is similar to comparing the Corolla to the Tundra.
    I don't see the Playbook as an iPad competitor.
    You're pulling out leg, correct? Both Corolla and Tundra have some same underlying pinning, for starters the same MAKER, Toyota.
    I didn't knew Playbook and iPad had similar same underlying pinnings, being the same MAKER. Oh wait, I think I am from Mars - that's wrong. PB and iPad have TOTAL two different makers, if you have not noticed that.
    Last edited by rcm1301; 06-23-12 at 01:51 PM.
    06-23-12 08:58 AM
    Then go read the 100+ pages of posts (link just above your post) from people leaving BB and enjoy/educate yourself. And no we don't really have free speech here, it is censored (thankfully), plus there are rules regarding posting that must be followed or you can be banned. Personally I like the rules and try to follow them so I don't get banned.
    Chaddface likes this.
    06-23-12 09:12 AM
    You guys are worse than a bunch of kids....mine is better no mines better, and then get real nasty and get some name calling in as well.. Way to make yourselves look like spoiled kids up trying to protect and aging and out of date PB...no wonder CB is getting such a bad name.
    You guys sing the same song every time there is an update or a new phone comes out and each and every time it sooner or later flopped....look at the BlackBerry slider phone....if you guys were grown up like you say all BB users are you would have an open mind. The OP is happy with his device and that good for him, glad it works for him.
    Which slider flopped? The 9800? If it was such a flop I don't think I we would have seen a 9810? I liked my 9800. It fetched a tidy sum on ebay. Missed the keyboard of the 9900 though.

My car took a nose dive last week. Check engine light then a hole in the exhaust. I think I'll head to the Audi forums to tell them how much this car sucks and what a mistake it was to buy it. Of course I could do something more constructive and go fix the problems. Well after I shake this hangover.

The goodbye threads that detail why the decision was made can be helpful. The ones that just say this sucks and I'm going to get this serve no purpose other then to stir the pot.
    06-23-12 10:05 AM
190 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD