fair enough - RIM stupidly couldn't wait until its device was
    established and created hurdles and annoyances quicker
    than it solves bugs or demands from users.

but more than a double price for similar devices with
    similar software only smoother running at the time?

I am very sure sooner or later a PB genius here or
    anywhere will come up with same stuff including rooting
    v2.1. thus catching up with the fruit or else.

some of you seem to have a lack of patience or too
    much money - I haven't got both

regards
    Damian
    06-22-12 01:14 PM
    I really don't understand some ppls attitudes on this subject. As I said I tried the playbook for almost a year but found it lacked things that I wanted out of a tablet. So I moved on to another platform. I was offering my opinion on how I thought the iPad was better for my needs. Yet am jumped on for saying what a lot of you already know, RIM dropped the ball big time with the playbook and can't really blame devs for not wanting to get involved in apps for it. You can have the best hardware out there but without a ecosystem to support it you fighting a losing battle. The fact one of rims biggest selling points BBM hasn't been incorporated as of yet is another fail. RIM has a uphil struggle in the tablet market especially with win 8 coming soon.

Also re comments about win 8 tablet I will be getting one of these too but for business use.
    As mentioned before, I'll take your playbook off your hands.. $50 bucks considering it's useless to you. I have two and could find use for a third. Fortunately, I must be in the very small percent of people who are able to use it daily with out camera issues, browser drops etc etc. It's not perfect but does what I need...
    Marty_LK and Toodeurep like this.
    06-22-12 01:17 PM
    As mentioned before, I'll take your playbook off your hands.. $50 bucks considering it's useless to you. I have two and could find use for a third. Fortunately, I must be in the very small percent of people who are able to use it daily with out camera issues, browser drops etc etc. It's not perfect but does what I need...
    You aren't alone. I also have zero, zip, zilch, troubles from mine as well. It's more reliable than my iPad was and is more reliable than my current Android tablet.
    Toodeurep and kozmo68 like this.
    06-22-12 01:28 PM
    I won't give up my PlayBook for one primary reason: BlackBerry Bridge.

This feature alone make this device worth significantly more than any other tablet. Free 3G connectivity (and a 'free' upgrade to 4G when BB10 comes out) is worth every cent I paid for this device. I've had it for over 14 months now and if I had a $30 plan tied to it I would have paid $420 by now feeding Verizon. No thank you Apple.
    hpjrt, HabsSuck, Vidge and 1 others like this.
    06-22-12 01:41 PM
    I really don't understand some ppls attitudes on this subject....Yet am jumped on for saying what a lot of you already know...
    And I think that's the problem. We've heard it over and over again and it begins to grate on one's nerves. Sorry you said bye bye to your pb and again, good luck with your iPad. I do sincerely hope it's everything you need.
    06-22-12 02:08 PM

This feature alone make this device worth significantly more than any other tablet. Free 3G connectivity (and a 'free' upgrade to 4G when BB10 comes out) is worth every cent I paid for this device. I've had it for over 14 months now and if I had a $30 plan tied to it I would have paid $420 by now feeding Verizon. No thank you Apple.
    please explain that? how are you going to get 4G when BB10 gets here for free?
    06-22-12 02:26 PM
    please explain that? how are you going to get get 4G when BB10 gets here for free?
    I was going to say... how will our PB wifi be turned into 4G PB??? Our PB's are not equipped with a sim slot
    06-22-12 02:32 PM
    I was going to say... how will our PB wifi be turned into 4G PB??? Our PB's are not equipped with a sim slot
    I consider my WiFi-only PB to be a 3G/4G tablet. I keep my phone with me all the time and have it's WiFi Hotspot enabled and my PB uses it wherever I go. The other poster surely meant something else, but that's how I see my tablets. My setup is so effective I can't see any use whatsoever for a data-enabled tablet. I mean...if we all are going to have our data-enabled phones with us all the time, why have a data-enabled tablet?
    06-22-12 02:38 PM
    Forums need a script that wraps all these I am leaving/this sucks/drop dead rim threads into the bit bucket. And locks the user account to only posting in the other devices sub forums.

Call me crazy....but I like news and the occasional good debate.
    ^^^I like this^^^

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

We have this sticky and I would like to think these such threads could be moderated, locked and redirected to that "area"...dreaming I know.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-22-12 04:35 PM

Bridge is huge for me. Love my BlackBerry PlayBook
    06-22-12 04:59 PM
    Well if u seen a few threads like this don't it say something
    Yes it says they are self serving unoriginal trolls.
    06-22-12 05:01 PM
    When I bought an Android tab I wanted to give my pb to my niece, but she said there weren't the apps that interested her on it.

Eventually I'm keeping it for showing photos, synced to picasa. The screen is great for photos, and photos folders are the only folders you are allowed to browse. You would swear it has been designed as a luxury photo frame.
    06-22-12 05:11 PM
    To each there own. I have both a PB and an iPad 2. The iPad hasn't been touched in 6 months while I use the PB every single day.
    06-22-12 05:15 PM
    Just ignore the few OP. I'm probably wrong but I think a lot of apps are waiting on BB10.
    If you are 'probably wrong', why ignore the op?
    06-22-12 05:21 PM
    Just couldn't resist could you? Let's not permit an opportunity to prolong a troll thread - even if you have nothing of value to add.
    71 GS likes this.
    06-22-12 05:57 PM
    I have never seen a group like this before.

I see all these kinds of post and how the Ipad has so many apps, how it does this, how it does that.

I'M SICK OF IT.

Move on and go tell everyone on an iPad forum how bad your Playbook was, then when the novelty wears off you will be posting hateful none productive post like this one.

Oh hey don't forget ........ when you buy an iPad you maybe driving another worker at Foxiconn to jump to there death at the factory. Oh...... I forgot they put up jumper nets to catch them so don't worry about it.

Last edited by kretch; 06-22-12 at 06:01 PM.
    06-22-12 05:59 PM
    Well after almost a year of having the playbook I have given up on it and got a iPad 3 yesterday. The difference for me is like night and day. I just can't see how the playbook can compete. iPad browser is a lot faster and no chequer boarding, also the serve lack of apps is also an issue for me. The playbook is a good device for the money but is no competition for the iPad
    ...and why should anybody care. Another old boring story but wait, you got my attention. This thread should boost your attention deficit for as long as we keep it alive. Cheers.
    06-22-12 06:34 PM
    I really don't understand some ppls attitudes on this subject.
    You will drive yourself crazy if you try.

Glad you have a device that suits your needs. Enjoy
    06-22-12 06:40 PM

Oh hey don't forget ........ when you buy an iPad you maybe driving another worker at Foxiconn to jump to there death at the factory. Oh...... I forgot they put up jumper nets to catch them so don't worry about it.

Wait...what?
    06-22-12 06:44 PM
    Firstly my post was not trolling as said in anyway, I chose the pb over the iPad originally and was happy with it and there was always the promise of os2 which came and IMO failed to deliver. My statement was for the money the pb is the best in that price band. But for me the lack of apps and the slow browser ruined it for me. It is a shame rim had a great chance with the playbook. I switched as it was my choice and overall I rate the iPad higher as it suits my needs better. Also when u come on here how many threads appear "playbook dead" or camera doesn't work after update or I let my batt die now pb won't charge. Hardly does wonders for the rep of a already tarnished product ??
    Funny mine has been running strong and great for a year now. Maybe it is your network being the problem. Or the pages you go to. Overall someone said the world was going to end this year, did you sell your house and car for a bomb shelter because someone said that? Don't always believe what you read. Enjoy the overpriced whoopie cushion. Hope the ride ain't bumpy on the overpriced bandwagon!
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-22-12 06:46 PM

This is why I stay away from CB so much. I am all for the 1st Amendment...but even that is against the law to some degree if it is used to incite riots or intended to start a fight.

Listen, are we happy you found a tablet that "suits" you, not really. Do we care why you are leaving... to the no. We would all much rather you just not say anything and fade to black. Or maybe if you are good friends with some members, PM them that you are changing allegiance.

We are all self centered and absorbed...we most assuredly won't miss you nor will we give your departure any real thought. And that is ok...you will live, after all you are headed to the "I" promised land.

Be like the lover of the cheating wife, whose husband just came home and you have to get out of Dodge before he removes your spine from your body by way of your neck. Don't confront him and explain why your leaving, just GET OUT!!!
    06-22-12 07:11 PM
    I think anyone that starts a "leaving blackberry" or "leaving crackberry" thread anywhere other than in the forums for the "I'm leaving" threads should be banned from posting any longer.
    06-22-12 07:58 PM
    This is funny!
    06-22-12 08:57 PM

I see all these kinds of post and how the Ipad has so many apps, how it does this, how it does that.

I'M SICK OF IT.

Move on and go tell everyone on an iPad forum how bad your Playbook was, then when the novelty wears off you will be posting hateful none productive post like this one.

This is a list from wikipedia of some of the companies Foxconn make products for

Acer Inc. (Taiwan)[37]
    Amazon.com (United States)[7]
    Apple Inc. (United States)[38]
    Cisco (United States)[39]
    Dell (United States)[40]
    Hewlett-Packard (United States)[41]
    Intel (United States)[42]
    Microsoft (United States)[9]
    Motorola Mobility (United States)[40]
    Nintendo (Japan)[43]
    Nokia (Finland)[38]
    Samsung Electronics (South Korea)[44]
    Sony (Japan)[8]
    Toshiba (Japan) [45]
    Vizio (United States)[46]

Stop blaming just Apple.
    06-22-12 09:13 PM
    Firstly my post was not trolling as said in anyway, I chose the pb over the iPad originally and was happy with it and there was always the promise of os2 which came and IMO failed to deliver. My statement was for the money the pb is the best in that price band. But for me the lack of apps and the slow browser ruined it for me. It is a shame rim had a great chance with the playbook. I switched as it was my choice and overall I rate the iPad higher as it suits my needs better. Also when u come on here how many threads appear "playbook dead" or camera doesn't work after update or I let my batt die now pb won't charge. Hardly does wonders for the rep of a already tarnished product ??
    First... good luck with the Ipad...

I own one and oddly had the same experience in reverse... I found the Ipad lost it's luster after about a year... Then I bought a Playbook......Have not had the same experience with the Playbook yet.. but who knows what will happen.....

One important thing I learned from owning vaious tablets is not to compare what each does or does not... It become more a point of personal taste in what you want your device to do.... I have not used my IPad in over a year.... Have no need to access 600,000 apps because at most I use maybe 30..... Really is a case of to each their own....

One thing I would challenge is the comment about forums and users with Playbook issues... Being on many forums you will find equal amount or more issues with Ipad or Android users... and in many cased way nore that the Playbook....so to me it is a bit of a cheap shot.....
    06-22-12 09:18 PM
190 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD