Guess there are a few in here we won't be hearing from again unless we hop over to imore?
    hpjrt, Toodeurep and Cracklen like this.
    06-22-12 09:08 AM
    Firstly my post was not trolling as said in anyway, I chose the pb over the iPad originally and was happy with it and there was always the promise of os2 which came and IMO failed to deliver. My statement was for the money the pb is the best in that price band. But for me the lack of apps and the slow browser ruined it for me. It is a shame rim had a great chance with the playbook. I switched as it was my choice and overall I rate the iPad higher as it suits my needs better. Also when u come on here how many threads appear "playbook dead" or camera doesn't work after update or I let my batt die now pb won't charge. Hardly does wonders for the rep of a already tarnished product ??
    So, the failure of users to fully comprehend how to use the PB suggests to you that the tablet is at fault? Sorry. User errors are generally just that. User errors. What's more, some of those "my PB won't work" weren't credible ... but if they suit your need to explain iPad envy, so be it.

As I said before, good luck with your technology of choice. That's your right ... and hopefully your iPad 3 won't fall prey to user errors.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    06-22-12 09:10 AM
    I switched me from BB Phone to WP7...The browser is 10 times faster already
    what bb phone? if thats an os 5 phone, what should you expect?
    06-22-12 09:49 AM
    I don't blame the OP, how can a first generation PB, (over one year old now), complete with the latest Apple product? I had the same problem with my Blackberry 8820, it seemed old compared to my new BB 9900, and that phone seemed much better than that old iPhone 4 I use to have.

It happened to me with my 7-year old Jeep, the new one just seems better to me I guess. In a month or two, Playbook 2 will be out with faster/better everything and that PB 1 of mine might suck too. According to the OP's position, the world will likely decide to dump the New iPad and buy the newer, better, more exciting, fresh, must have, better looking PB 2 - 4G Lte.
    06-22-12 09:57 AM
    It's hard for the hardcore here to understand that normal people don't enjoy bucking the system just to buck it. We just want something that works, and works easily. Play book will never be that as it was pretty much dead on arrival in the market.
    YOU think IPAD works. YOU think IPAD works easily.

dont say we. a lot of people here (read:normal) are very well happy with their PB.

its not because we like our PB means we're not normal. its just that it suits us better.

we like to go to websites with flash, you dont.
    we like that we can use the data of our bb phones in our tablet, you dont.
    kozmo68, Toodeurep, Lhendr and 3 others like this.
    06-22-12 10:29 AM
    Well after almost a year of having the playbook I have given up on it and got a iPad 3 yesterday. The difference for me is like night and day. I just can't see how the playbook can compete. iPad browser is a lot faster and no chequer boarding, also the serve lack of apps is also an issue for me. The playbook is a good device for the money but is no competition for the iPad
    10/10 for originality and creativity because I've never seen a thread like this before.

/wiserhood clap
    Thunderbuck, Toodeurep and Kyle27 like this.
    06-22-12 10:37 AM
    I had an iPad2 with me for 6 weeks i used it for a while, a bit big for my liking, but i kind of liked how simple it was till it got to closing apps and just general maneuvering around the tablet and i got bored! Its gone, waste of space really, i can live with the lack of apps on the PB, i have enough to keep me happy. Not one day however have i felt the uncontrollable urge to head over to iMore to express my displeasure at the popular tablet.
    Lhendr and Time Lord like this.
    06-22-12 10:39 AM
    YOU think IPAD works. YOU think IPAD works easily.

dont say we. a lot of people here (read:normal) are very well happy with their PB.

its not because we like our PB means we're not normal. its just that it suits us better.

we like to go to websites with flash, you dont.
    we like that we can use the data of our bb phones in our tablet, you dont.
    U can tether a iPhone to give u mobile Internet also ICloud syncs contacts calendars mail etc between both devices. So ur point that can only be done via PB is wrong Infact one annoying thing with bridge was not being able to save pics or files between devices
    06-22-12 10:42 AM
    10/10 for originality and creativity because I've never seen a thread like this before.

/wiserhood clap
    Well if u seen a few threads like this don't it say something
    06-22-12 10:43 AM
    This thread has proven that Crackberry forumers are nice
    Try posting reverse-scenario on android or apple forum and you will get sh1tstorm

Btw best of luck with your iPad
    Ipad will only interest me when the 7" brother is released
    But maybe on that time, PB will already get bb10
    06-22-12 10:44 AM
    Well after almost a year of having the playbook I have given up on it and got a iPad 3 yesterday. The difference for me is like night and day. I just can't see how the playbook can compete. iPad browser is a lot faster and no chequer boarding, also the serve lack of apps is also an issue for me. The playbook is a good device for the money but is no competition for the iPad
    This isn't strange at all. I had an iPad and after the novelty wore off, it became unbearably boring. The same thing will happen with yours, likely. I finally traded my iPad for a real tablet: an Android ASUS Transformer TF300. My Playbook, on the other hand, has not stopped pleasing me since first buying one. I first bought a 16GB and quickly found it to be way too small on storage so, after selling it, I bought a 64GB and have been smiling like a Cheshire cat since.

Of all the tablets I've experienced, the PB is the one and only I would not get rid of. My ASUS tablet is amazing, with its 4-core Tegra 3 CPU, IPS high-def display, loads of memory options...I actually have 3 different memory expansion slots on this bugger with the keyboard dock: 1 x USB, 1 x SD card, 1 x MicroSD card and I connected my 500GB Passport HDD to the USB port and it worked! With all of this ASUS goodness, I would give it up before I would let go of my PB. And once BB10 gets here, so much the better.
    06-22-12 10:51 AM
    The Ipads are nice devices, they really are. But please. If you use one for any length of time, you must begin to notice its limitations but apparently its against some sort of code to acknowledge them. It is awkward and irritating to navigate and its big and heavy. Still, its a pretty display and a nice browser but what a bill of goods people have been sold! Its got the hectoring Itunes thing, and it has a hideous and archaic email system. Its a life-killing, soul-sapping chore just to keep up with cleaning it out. None of these devices have achieved perfection, so there will continue to be a lively market for new and better devices. I hope we get some nice QNX updates on my current Playbook, but I will still keep a sharp eye out for the next best thing. Maybe the Surface, hopefully a new Playbook. But really, all of these revenue-generating tweaks of Apple products! They downclock their chipsets in early releases, so they can incrementally uptick the speed in subsequent new models while carrying the same old model hardware. Its a great way to churnover new revenues and all, but I am sometimes reminded by an old article here by KM far-warning RIM that they had to stop doing just that sort of thing and begin to leap the specs and OS forward to remain competitive. It may be there is some internal pressure at Apple to keep the revenues high in a post-Jobs world but without Jobs, it may also be that there is now lacking that one person who can not only think outside the box, but to move the company and the technology outside of the box. That risk-taking is a staggering responsibility, even when you had the amassed goodwill and reputation of a Jobs.
    kozmo68 and III 4U2NV III like this.
    06-22-12 10:51 AM
    People who say there old blackberry is slow compared to a new X phone are plain meatheads.

Of course its slow its old. If I compare my iphone 3 to my 9900 the blackberry is much quicker.

So your OS 5 or 6 blackberry is slow, no kidding!

So the latest tablet out today is quicker than last yrs model, no kidding.

I will pretend to act surprised when the next generation Vette comes out is quicker than the current model.

What a worthless arguement.
    kozmo68 and rcm1301 like this.
    06-22-12 10:54 AM
    when u come on here how many threads appear "playbook dead" or camera doesn't work after update or I let my batt die now pb won't charge. Hardly does wonders for the rep of a already tarnished product ??
    I'll create a thread for you titled "My PlayBook is working just fine!"
    06-22-12 11:14 AM
    I would have waited for the MS Surface Win 8 Pro (what a long name!). We all know what a Windows desktop can do, so it's my dream tablet! I plan to keep my PB w bb10 for lighter work when it is released. I also own the Ipad3 which I gave to my 4 year old kid.
    06-22-12 11:14 AM
    send me your playbook please
    kozmo68 likes this.
    06-22-12 11:55 AM
    Different devices fulfill different requirements.

I have tons of respect for Apple and the ecosystem they've built, and I can appreciate that the iPad fits a lot of people's requirements, in many ways better than the Playbook can. I will admit, the iPad can do things I'd actually find useful that I can't do with the Playbook right now (VMware View being one of the most important).

The iPad, for me, costs more than I'm prepared to pay for a tablet. I have my 64GB Playbook that I purchased for less than half the price of the cheapest "new" iPad.

I do think I'm going to get a Surface Pro, though. I won't be able to keep it with me as constantly as I can my Playbook (which I'll also still have), but it frankly looks even more useful than the iPad, especially with the full functionality of a Windows machine.
    06-22-12 12:02 PM
    Sadly, I am coming to this stage as well. The playbook doesn't even meet up low requirements for business and I bring it along to meetings just so that I have something to carry in my hand. At home, well it is just a glorified web browser I have when I am in bed and I use it max 30 mins a day. I don't even charge it until after a week.

I will still probably keep it and maybe hope RIM can comeback strongly with a nice update that fixes all the basic stuff they miss with v2. But if I do move to the iPad before that, its bye bye BB phone as well. Which means, sadly, I am totally out of the RIM stack.
    It may not meet your "business" needs, but for many it does, and does it well. Between tech manuals, reports, invoicing, data analysis, photos, presentations, document generation, cockpit duty, time and labor tracking, etc....our business PBs are worked pretty hard. But I'm sure you're right, no doubt the govt. agencies, medical facilities, schools, industries, businesses, law enforcement agencies etc.. currently using PBs are just using them for light browsing and ereaders
    06-22-12 12:04 PM
    I do think I'm going to get a Surface Pro, though. I won't be able to keep it with me as constantly as I can my Playbook (which I'll also still have), but it frankly looks even more useful than the iPad, especially with the full functionality of a Windows machine.
    This. The fact that you will be able to install any program you would normally on your laptop, onto a tablet..is what i've been waiting for.
    kozmo68, Mr Donut and JeepBB like this.
    06-22-12 12:14 PM
    Forums need a script that wraps all these I am leaving/this sucks/drop dead rim threads into the bit bucket. And locks the user account to only posting in the other devices sub forums.

Call me crazy....but I like news and the occasional good debate.
    06-22-12 12:15 PM
    I really don't understand some ppls attitudes on this subject. As I said I tried the playbook for almost a year but found it lacked things that I wanted out of a tablet. So I moved on to another platform. I was offering my opinion on how I thought the iPad was better for my needs. Yet am jumped on for saying what a lot of you already know, RIM dropped the ball big time with the playbook and can't really blame devs for not wanting to get involved in apps for it. You can have the best hardware out there but without a ecosystem to support it you fighting a losing battle. The fact one of rims biggest selling points BBM hasn't been incorporated as of yet is another fail. RIM has a uphil struggle in the tablet market especially with win 8 coming soon.

Also re comments about win 8 tablet I will be getting one of these too but for business use.
    06-22-12 12:33 PM
    Just ignore the few OP. I'm probably wrong but I think a lot of apps are waiting on BB10.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    06-22-12 12:38 PM
    The PB's fine. It's a tablet after all. I have frequent use of an iPad2 and I never really take it anywhere - it's large and cumbersome. For business and productivity the iPad does no better, if you work out of a BB phone it does much worse. I take the PB only on trips now - I do not own a laptop and the PB is miles faster than the 10 year old ThinkPad my office gives me. Ultimately I do all my real productive work on my home desktop which is a real workhorse so I find Tablets, particularly the PB to be excellent for mobile use. Document editing, browsing, emails and PDFs all work fine on the PlayBook, as does entertainment through a mixture of android apps and natives (flipboard, path, pinterest, zinio, poynt, tablettv and some music apps). The only thing I lust after on the iPad is Instagram.
    06-22-12 12:46 PM
    One would think that after three pages the OP would simply move on. Really. He's stated his case, others have stated theirs. He should put his big boy pants on and move along. Be well. Have a long and happy life. Bye-bye.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-22-12 12:52 PM
    I just sold all my other tablets and I'm JUST using my PlayBook now, it has all I need! Ok I DO still have a jailbroken ipod touch for games and such.
    06-22-12 12:55 PM
190 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD