Well after almost a year of having the playbook I have given up on it and got a iPad 3 yesterday. The difference for me is like night and day. I just can't see how the playbook can compete. iPad browser is a lot faster and no chequer boarding, also the serve lack of apps is also an issue for me. The playbook is a good device for the money but is no competition for the iPad
    06-22-12 05:05 AM
    There’s a lot of technology out there to choose from. I hope your choice works out for you and provides you with what you’re looking for.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    06-22-12 05:08 AM
    glad you found what works for you. For the price you are correct its hard to beat the PB.
    06-22-12 05:14 AM
    i am happy for you that you made the choice you like.

personally, i have no intention to EVER go to Apple and will ditch my PB only if RIM stops supporting it...all-in-all, the PlayBook pretty much fills my needs though i do grumble occasionally about the unstable android player or the low bar RIM allows for some app developers..

Playbook is still a great value when capability and usage mixed in with pricing.
    06-22-12 05:22 AM
    Maybe BB10 changes your mind
    06-22-12 05:31 AM
    Buy buy playbook instead
    06-22-12 05:58 AM
    All the best wih your ipad.. and of course the browser is faster .. it does less. Please post an update after you've used it for a while if and when you get bored with the UI and the size. You may find it collecting dust after the novelty wears off. I use my playbook almost everyday for a lot of uses as well as on the go.
    06-22-12 06:11 AM
    Maybe BB10 changes your mind
    What if it doesn't?
    71 GS likes this.
    06-22-12 06:22 AM
    Glad you found something that you like, at least for now. . I still see no reason to come here to tell us except that you somehow are trying to somehow suggest that those of us who aren't dissatisfied are somehow not, quite as bright as you are. Nothing could be further from the truth, by the way.

I'm sure that your considerable participation in this forum will be missed, but you may be kicking yourself when BB10 comes out.
    snarlybear and bungaboy like this.
    06-22-12 06:32 AM
    I tried the new ipad, and while it was better for some things it lacked in other areas. For example it didn't work for flash sites obviously. I then got there flash browser from their app store. That browser was a joke. Any time you scrolled on the page it had to render the image again. Like when you click on a picture and it is blury for a second. Well it is like that every time you move on the screen!

Next the size of the tablet was way too big, and way to heavy for my likings. Even on the couch it became uncomfortable to hold it up for more than a few minutes. It then became uncomfortable to have on my lap because I had to hunch over to view it. Obviously it is way to big to put in my back pocket/coat pocket like i can with the pb.

The thing that pushed me over the edge I was playing sketch w friends and went back to the home screen for a moment. When I came back to the game it had kicked me back to the start of the game. I had been booted from the room, and lost my points.

I could go in to the positives too, but you are likely to find out those yourself

As others have said enjoy your tablet, as long as you are happy that's all that matters.
    snarlybear and glassofpinot like this.
    06-22-12 06:46 AM
    I still don't understand why people feel they have to come in and say they are leaving RIM/Blackberry/Playbook for another product... We don't really care.

At least you gave it a shot and made a choice for something else.
    kdeckels, joski, hytran and 25 others like this.
    06-22-12 07:00 AM
    Sadly, I am coming to this stage as well. The playbook doesn't even meet up low requirements for business and I bring it along to meetings just so that I have something to carry in my hand. At home, well it is just a glorified web browser I have when I am in bed and I use it max 30 mins a day. I don't even charge it until after a week.

I will still probably keep it and maybe hope RIM can comeback strongly with a nice update that fixes all the basic stuff they miss with v2. But if I do move to the iPad before that, its bye bye BB phone as well. Which means, sadly, I am totally out of the RIM stack.
    06-22-12 07:03 AM
    Good Luck, see you later, enjoy the imore site and I'll give $99 for you playbook, considering is so crap and can't really do anything productive like your new ipad.. Wait, make that $50 I heard RIM is going out of business, so it might not get future support.
    06-22-12 07:14 AM
    Well after almost a year of having the playbook I have given up on it and got a iPad 3 yesterday. The difference for me is like night and day. I just can't see how the playbook can compete. iPad browser is a lot faster and no chequer boarding, also the serve lack of apps is also an issue for me. The playbook is a good device for the money but is no competition for the iPad
    Cool story bro.
    rotorwrench, Creaulx and 71 GS like this.
    06-22-12 07:24 AM
    I still don't understand why people feel they have to come in and say they are leaving RIM/Blackberry/Playbook for another product... We don't really care.
    I think you mean "I don't really care." If you really don't, do not respond and the post will gradually disappear.

However, I am pleasantly surprised at the mature level of discourse regarding this post. Normally, 9 out of 10 posts would ask for the OP's head.

It would be interesting to hear the OP's sentiments after the honeymoon period with the iPad. I am very frustrated with RIM's focus on the PlayBook, which has now become an expensive book reader. Nonetheless, I equally dislike the iPad's walled garden paradigm. Everything has its pros and cons.
    MrRJ, anon(4021844) and Mecca EL like this.
    06-22-12 07:33 AM
    I switched me from BB Phone to WP7...The browser is 10 times faster already
    06-22-12 07:33 AM

However, I am pleasantly surprised at the mature level of discourse regarding this post. Normally, 9 out of 10 posts would ask for the OP's head.
    Guess that happens when the people starts waking up to reality. So unfortunate and so sad. Such nice hardware but so poor execution on the software side.
    06-22-12 07:42 AM
    Both of the OP's post ring trollf** to me, sorry.
    hpjrt and AlienSlacker like this.
    06-22-12 07:46 AM
    It's a long tough road waiting for a new OS but I've waited this long already and beside some features I'd like to see I love using my pb, the portability, bridge and all. So yeah I'll keep using it and wait for the goodies that are coming. If they don't come well then I'll see what's around at that time.

Good luck OP.
    kozmo68 likes this.
    06-22-12 07:53 AM
    People buy a tablet for various reasons. The Playbook does everything I need but if it's not for you, it's not for you. Hope your iPad meets all your expectations.
    Chaddface, hpjrt and kozmo68 like this.
    06-22-12 08:12 AM
    Guess that happens when the people starts waking up to reality. So unfortunate and so sad. Such nice hardware but so poor execution on the software side.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own. I'm quite content.
    hpjrt, anon(757282) and Lhendr like this.
    06-22-12 08:23 AM
    Speak for yourself. I actually find it's interesting to read why people are leaving for another product when they've had a RIM/BlackBerry/Playbook for a while.
    06-22-12 08:46 AM
    Firstly my post was not trolling as said in anyway, I chose the pb over the iPad originally and was happy with it and there was always the promise of os2 which came and IMO failed to deliver. My statement was for the money the pb is the best in that price band. But for me the lack of apps and the slow browser ruined it for me. It is a shame rim had a great chance with the playbook. I switched as it was my choice and overall I rate the iPad higher as it suits my needs better. Also when u come on here how many threads appear "playbook dead" or camera doesn't work after update or I let my batt die now pb won't charge. Hardly does wonders for the rep of a already tarnished product ??
    06-22-12 08:46 AM
    I hope you like itunes a lot. That's one ball-and-chain I refuse to be tied to.
    06-22-12 08:56 AM
    I did the same thing OP.....thought the play book would be a great addition to my 9900 but returned it shortly after and went w the new iPad.

Even if it was free, it's useless as it has no support (apps) all it becomes is a slow web browser.

It's hard for the hardcore here to understand that normal people don't enjoy bucking the system just to buck it. We just want something that works, and works easily. Play book will never be that as it was pretty much dead on arrival in the market.
    06-22-12 08:56 AM
190 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD