I bought a 64 g off eBay about 6 mths ago, in case my 32g died. I can't live without them. Never use my PC now. Also, news yesterday said tablets will soon outsell PCs & laptops in the near future. Nothing beats playbook speakers or browser. Now wondering if getting a lite version is the alternative; didn't they just produce them about a year ago, so should support them?
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    10-22-13 06:47 AM
    I bought a 64 g off eBay about 6 mths ago, in case my 32g died. I can't live without them. Never use my PC now. Also, news yesterday said tablets will soon outsell PCs & laptops in the near future. Nothing beats playbook speakers or browser. Now wondering if getting a lite version is the alternative; didn't they just produce them about a year ago, so should support them?
    You tryin to beat me, I got eight 64Gb pb's?

Remember I iz watchin Youz beaver!
    castoridae and dphjeff like this.
    10-22-13 06:59 AM
    I would absolutely consider purchasing another Playbook (and probably will). If it fits your use and works well for you, why not? The price is certainly right.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:02 AM
    When I bought my first refirbed PB 16 gig I loved it and so easy to use I ended up getting another 16 gig then another a 64 gig and gave the two 16 gigs to my daughter and son and they use them all the time especially my son.

Its a great device and solid device
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-22-13 07:34 AM
    When I bought my first refirbed PB 16 gig I loved it and so easy to use I ended up getting another 16 gig then another a 64 gig and gave the two 16 gigs to my daughter and son and they use them all the time especially my son.

Its a great device and solid device
    I regard my pb the same way as I do my two boys. They have their little idiosyncrasies, they have their little frustrating moments but I love them tremendously. It's just a shame that bb had a CEO that didn't really understand what a great product his company had in their portfolio. As has been stated, tablets are about to outsell laptops and desktops. Well come on boys any under grad from harvard business school could have told you that. Shame they didn't tell the CEO of BB. That's probably why members of this forum are far more passionate about the pb than droid owners or ipad owners. Talk to either of them and if it's droid they never talk about the OS. It's always, look how many apps I can get? Apple owners are even worse! They don't even know what an OS is, they just have to buy it because it has the apple logo on it? Most of the members here are happy with their pb and use it constantly as I do. It's just a shame that bb didn't tap into that enthusiasm and, how do you mericans put it, "wake up and smell the coffee".
    FF22 likes this.
    10-22-13 07:56 AM
    I regard my pb the same way as I do my two boys. They have their little idiosyncrasies, they have their little frustrating moments but I love them tremendously. It's just a shame that bb had a CEO that didn't really understand what a great product his company had in their portfolio. As has been stated, tablets are about to outsell laptops and desktops. Well come on boys any under grad from harvard business school could have told you that. Shame they didn't tell the CEO of BB. That's probably why members of this forum are far more passionate about the pb than droid owners or ipad owners. Talk to either of them and if it's droid they never talk about the OS. It's always, look how many apps I can get? Apple owners are even worse! They don't even know what an OS is, they just have to buy it because it has the apple logo on it? Most of the members here are happy with their pb and use it constantly as I do. It's just a shame that bb didn't tap into that enthusiasm and, how do you mericans put it, "wake up and smell the coffee".
    The bit that's annoying is that its weaknesses are ones that are relatively obvious and minor. Launching without native email still beggars belief in its sheer stupidity. Many of them to us are fairly easy to work around and live with, and every device has upsides and downsides. But not many users will bother to do that (for any device), they just want it to work and they want to download lots of apps. I can point out sideloading as being straightforward, but most people aren't interested and really don't want to get into that kind of thing. And limiting it with an old runtime is a frustration as well, even for those that do it. It's a collection of minor flaws that add up to major, killer flaws for most people. For the rest of us, we appreciate what can be done with it, and that a 2 1/2 year old piece of hardware is still extremely useable points out what a dog's breakfast they made of a very strong product.

And that's infuriating.
    10-22-13 08:05 AM
    Thanks everybody for the replies! Sorry I was so cranky yesterday. So I'm not a techie nor have as much knowledge, glad to see that some of you who are validate the greatness as well as the lost potential of the PB. I think I might go ahead and spring from one off of Amazon.

I feel the same way about my Z10 and don't know what I'm going to do if BB goes under

I don't get Adam Zeis' joke! Maybe because I have a headache ....
    10-22-13 08:49 AM
    You tryin to beat me, I got eight 64Gb pb's?
    Remember I iz watchin Youz beaver!
    You've got 8 64's and you still can't upload a video?? Lep, you really need to start actually using your pbs; not just posting here
    Banco, sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    10-22-13 11:46 AM
    You've got 8 64's and you still can't upload a video?? Lep, you really need to start actually using your pbs; not just posting here
    oh trust me they are all in use every day......I use one to rest my pasty on, one to rest my brandy goblet and bottle on, one for when I'm on the toilet, one in the cellar, one in my car, one in the bedroom (don't even start thinking that beaver), one in the kitchen and one as a spare?.

Doesn't everyone do the same??????
    castoridae likes this.
    10-22-13 11:58 AM
    Unless one of those company actually bought or partner BB in the future. I highly doubt anyone can create the intuitive swipe gesture of PB or BB10. For one, not many users are aware of the existence and how we take for granted such basic instinct is so overlook by developers.
    If one of theose 'other' companies actually bought BB, they'd just kill any superior features so as to not infringe on their own manufactured crap - jealously, especially in business is viscious.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-22-13 11:59 AM
    If the spare is for /after/ your first PlayBook dies, it might be a crazy thing to do. The problem is with the built-in lithium ion battery. It starts degrading right after manufacture and not based on usage. You might be able to freeze it somehow to delay the chemical process, however...
    So what, in the end, does this really mean? - Will everyone on this forum all lose power to their BBPB's lithium battery at the same time, like being trapped on some spaceship with a limited power supply, slowly waitig to die alone in space? will we all have to leave the forum? where will we go?

How long does the lithium battery last? What do other tablets use instead?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-22-13 12:06 PM
    So what, in the end, does this really mean? - Will everyone on this forum all lose power to their BBPB's lithium battery at the same time, like being trapped on some spaceship with a limited power supply, slowly waitig to die alone in space? will we all have to leave the forum? where will we go?

takes care Luke beaver?

Attachment 212828
    10-22-13 12:49 PM
    takes care Luke beaver?

Attachment 212828
    Another uploaded youtube? really Lep, you can't keep doing that. Use the playbook, Lep, use the playbook.
    FF22 and sad_old_man like this.
    10-22-13 12:59 PM
    Another uploaded youtube? really Lep, you can't keep doing that. Use the playbook, Lep, use the playbook.
    what? whats utubes?
    10-22-13 01:05 PM
    what? whats utubes?
    YouTube, a place where the Lep steals his videos to upload here as part of his harassment that he's being punished for.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-22-13 02:43 PM
    YouTube, a place where the Lep steals his videos to upload here as part of his harassment that he's being punished for.
    Not me beaver I'm a good honest person I iz! and that's a .gif not a video from utubes!
    10-22-13 02:48 PM
    Not me beaver I'm a good honest person I iz! and that's a .gif not a video from utubes!
    .gif a file the Lep uploads here as part of his harassment that he's being punished for.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-22-13 04:33 PM
    That's som warming up to the hot date he got with that statue.
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    10-22-13 04:55 PM
    I bought a spare 64GB for about $135 on auction for a new one. I have a BB phone that work provides, so I like the bridge feature and it web surfs and stores pictures and movies and music as well as any tablet out there, so the backup is currently just acting as a $135 64GB mp3 player that I take and plug in or BT to a stereo....2x the storage for 1/2 the price of an iPod touch, plus all the things a Touch doesn't have and bigger screen, was a no brainer for me and accessories are dirt cheap online now. Work now gives me an iPad, but I still like having all my music on the Playbook and some movies and photos with 40 GB still empty. Easy to plug into the pool stereo, car stereo or anywhere.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    10-22-13 08:37 PM
    Maybe. I had a BBPB as my first tablet, and I resented the lack of Netflix on it, so I sold it. I also wasn't using it much. Then I missed it, so I bought another one. I use it differently now, still not very often, but I use it as a digital comic reader and for light browsing/video. I had a Galaxy Tab fall into my lap at a "too good to say no" price, and I figured I would keep both, compare, and sell the inferior device. I used the Tab once and sold it. It felt like a toy compared to the professional build quality on the PB.

The thing is, we are all spoiled. We have a $400+ device at bargain price. Mine cost me $60, and it was new. The convertible case cost another $13. I forsee picking up another one when the price is right, as a backup that I never use.

For what I need, the PB is perfect. If only they had made a 9 inch version, I would use nothing else. What really pleases me about the PB is the strong processor, the OS, the physical build quality, and the amazing screen. I got over not having netflix, so it's all good.
    Banco and Gooseberry Falls like this.
    10-22-13 11:14 PM

I have no idea how long the PlayBook batteries will last, but when it happens, it will be a rapid decrease - more frequent charging only resulting in shorter and shorter use time.

I suspect we'll see a bunch of posting saying "my PlayBook only keeps power for an hour" (or the like) and then people saying "my PlayBook only works when plugged in"...
    10-23-13 03:36 AM
    I have no idea how long the PlayBook batteries will last, but when it happens, it will be a rapid decrease - more frequent charging only resulting in shorter and shorter use time.

I suspect we'll see a bunch of posting saying "my PlayBook only keeps power for an hour" (or the like) and then people saying "my PlayBook only works when plugged in"...
    The lack of early adopters reporting this bodes well in general terms. For sure, it will have a finite life, but all seems ok at the moment, which is as much as anyone can say.
    10-23-13 03:59 AM
47 12