I want to buy secondhand playbook. My problem is what should i look out/ check for?? camera? battery life? & please tell how... tq..
    07-02-12 08:27 PM
    Stuck and/or dead pixels.

Yes, the cameras have been known to be problematic. Make sure it gets a wifi connection.

Battery life will be hard to judge with a casual inspection. Battery Guru ($) shows how many recharge cycles the pb has had.

Is the power button too flat or slightly raised.

Check if the back has a bulge - a small one is almost normal - large, not so good.
    07-02-12 09:55 PM
    Stuck and/or dead pixels.

Yes, the cameras have been known to be problematic. Make sure it gets a wifi connection.

Battery life will be hard to judge with a casual inspection. Battery Guru ($) shows how many recharge cycles the pb has had.

Is the power button too flat or slightly raised.

Check if the back has a bulge - a small one is almost normal - large, not so good.
    07-02-12 10:11 PM
    As always the character of the seller and ability to return or at least test for an hour before buying. Like a used car look for the little old lady from Pasadena.
    Mr Rtic likes this.
    07-03-12 01:02 AM
    Only buy in person and buy the seller, not the item.

You should be able to spend 10mins at a Starbucks etc with the person and the playbook to know if its a decent purchase.

I see plenty on craigslist near me in the $100 range so its not a huge risk either way.
    07-03-12 05:41 AM
    Only buy in person and buy the seller, not the item.

I see plenty on craigslist near me in the $100 range so its not a huge risk either way.
    Be wary of any craigslist posts for playbooks that don't have pictures. They're likely sham posts and you'll be wasting a lot of time.
    07-03-12 08:38 AM
    Geeks.com has refurbished ones.
    07-03-12 09:37 AM
    thank you for all your advice...
    07-03-12 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD