09-16-13 08:44 AM
39 12
tools
    Where do you live?
    09-13-13 07:03 PM
    that's so funny cuzz I see them here all the time at my staples where I live...
    Where do you live?! :O

G
    No they don't. The only thing you will find is neoprene sleeves if that.
    Don't waste your time going into a bunch of stores around here OP you won't find anything
    I already spent like an hour :'( lol
    09-13-13 08:41 PM
    Thanks to all who helped! I remembered that I had won a $10 Amazon gift card two years ago, so it came to only $8.50! =D

And, does anyone already have this product? If so, how much faster is it really? It lists 2x but is it actually?
    09-13-13 08:58 PM
    Thanks to all who helped! I remembered that I had won a $10 Amazon gift card two years ago, so it came to only $8.50! =D

And, does anyone already have this product? If so, how much faster is it really? It lists 2x but is it actually?
    Glad you are getting the rapid travel charger.

The RTC charges the battery at 2.4 amperes while the USB charger charges at 1.8 amperes. Both chargers begin to decrease the charging rate above about 70 % charge so as to smoothly fill the battery to the maximum allowed voltage which is about 4.2 volts and at some point above 70% the chargers will be charging at about the same rate.

With the RTC you can continue to charge the battery at the maximum rate while using the PB because the RTC supplies additional power for operation. If you continue to use the PB while charging with the USB charger the power for PB operation is taken from the 1.8 amperes thus cutting the actual amperage going to charge the battery to perhaps 0.9 ampere. In this situation the RTC is charging the battery at 2.4 amps and the USB charger is charging the battery at 0.9 amps. So the RTC in this situation is more than twice as fast. When charging in standby however the RTC will probably only reduce the charging time 10-15%. The convenience of the magnetic attachment is great for the RTC.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    FF22 and DisturbedRocks31 like this.
    09-14-13 02:35 AM
    half charging time
    input is 2a vs mini usb 1a

the table charger charged also with the magnetic pins,good viewing angle for loooking videos

this bundle is a real good deal
    http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Pla...bUvbUpU9167025
    in europe the price is 2x
    Last edited by blucie; 09-14-13 at 03:24 AM.
    09-14-13 03:07 AM
    Sweet, hopefully the magnetic charger won't break or fail anytime soon!
    09-14-13 01:59 PM
    They are pretty solidly build. I rarely heard anyone with any issues. Just make sure the magnetic head is clean without foreign substance stick on it. This apply to the PlayBook magnetic pins as well.

Posted via CB10
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    09-14-13 05:36 PM
    Just make sure that it is fully engaged. You can occasionally get a "false lightning bolt" and the pb will not be charging. I like monitoring with Battery Guru as you can see when it actually starts charging.
    09-14-13 10:49 PM
    I've purchased a couple on ebay from a seller in NY state. 15 US plus shipping

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    09-14-13 10:53 PM
    I purchased the RTC on Amazon and had it shipped to Singapore. so far no problems, the USB charging port was so flimsy it broke easily, the RTC is build solid, so far no problems
    09-14-13 11:36 PM
    The rapid charger It's as valuable for its convenience as much as the speed in which it re charges. I have both the travel and the stand. I keep each one in the locations that I am most likely to to use the Playbook so as soon as I am finished with it for that time I just pop it on the charger and its always topped up for next time.
    09-16-13 12:21 AM
    hahaha I can't believe in this day and age people are so hesitant/scared to buy stuff on the internet, and from Amazon on top of that, which are the most reputable place to buy from! I have bought SO MANY things from ebay/Amazon/kijiji and others.
    I think there is a little fear of Kijiji. Although it was an isolated case, the whole Tim Bosma thing has thrown a lot of people for a loop with respect to Kijiji. I have a client who won't rent his own investment property now because of this summers events via Kijiji.

09-16-13 12:26 AM
    That is ridiculous. These are the same people that won't fly in a plane because one fell out of the sky. They forget about the millions that don't.

The Tim Bosma case can be linked back to advice your Mother gave you when you were 5. "Don't get in a car with strangers."
    09-16-13 05:34 AM
    Angus I completely agree with you but I have seen a quite a few case in the past few months where people are shying away from Kijiji, but I completely agree with you.

Angus_CB likes this.
    09-16-13 08:44 AM
39 12