First time posting here...

Want to buy a PlayBook rapid charger - and no, the microUSB charger won't work because I broke it.. I'm in Toronto, willing to pay up to $20CAD for it!

Update: Already purchased!
    Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 09-13-13 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Purchased
    09-12-13 10:33 PM
    yea they are hard to find - actually probably impossible to find around here but I did buy some off ebay a while ago.
    09-12-13 10:50 PM
    Amazon, Ebay or even craiglist have them.
    09-12-13 11:02 PM
    I purchased a great rapid charger on Amazon about a month ago. It doesn't use the micro-USB, plugs into the slot with the three prongs like a MacBook Air charger does.
    09-12-13 11:51 PM
    $50 pick up in Oshawa

Q10 10.2.210
    09-12-13 11:56 PM
    $50 pick up in Oshawa

Q10 10.2.210
    Too bad you aren't in the USA because Amazon shows the Rapid Travel Charger as low as $ 9.95. Advise getting this rather than the dock version.
    09-13-13 01:48 AM
    Too bad you aren't in the USA because Amazon shows the Rapid Travel Charger as low as $ 9.95. Advise getting this rather than the dock version.
    They are on the Canadian Amazon site for $18.50.
    It's not worth moving to the USA to save $8.55.
    09-13-13 06:33 AM
    I've never actually purchased anything from Amazon before... how do I make sure the person selling will actually ship once I pay?

Posted from my Dev C!
    09-13-13 07:25 AM
    I've never actually purchased anything from Amazon before... how do I make sure the person selling will actually ship once I pay?

Posted from my Dev C!
    You don't have to worry about eBay and Amazon. They have very good ways to make sure that doesn't happen or you have recourse if it does. If you look at the seller, they will have feedback and you can get an idea of how much business they have done. Good feedback means they are legitimate. If the seller doesn't come through or the item is not as described, you can make a claim and they will refund. Only had to do this once with a multitude of purchases.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-13-13 07:31 AM

Posted from my Dev C!
    On eBay just check out the seller who has a long history and close to 100% rating. You won't get screwed, will probably just cost you a bit more for shipping to Canada
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-13-13 09:26 AM
    Or you could pay $127.99 for one..!!!
    Blackberry Playbook AC Wall Plug Travel Rapid Charger Acc 39341 303 Retail | eBay
    I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't missing something. I thought maybe it includes a PlayBook, but as far as I can tell, it is just for the charger. Do you think he sells many??

EDIT: Just noticed the eBay page says '146 Sold'. Now I REALLY think I must be missing something!!!
    09-13-13 10:29 AM
    Blackberry Playbook AC Wall Plug Travel Rapid Charger Acc 39341 303 Retail | eBay
    I had to read this twice to make sure I wasn't missing something. I thought maybe it includes a PlayBook, but as far as I can tell, it is just for the charger. Do you think he sells many??

EDIT: Just noticed the eBay page says '146 Sold'. Now I REALLY think I must be missing something!!!
    Well, when you can't find them in the stores, and you think they are "discontinued", and you aren't that familiar with internet shopping, I guess he could sell them. They were selling those chromecasts for hundreds of dollars when they were hard to get. It is all supply and demand.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-13-13 10:45 AM

Looks like a typo somewhere...all Sold for 27.99
    09-13-13 10:51 AM
    My point was that $50 seemed ridiculously high when they should be available at much lower prices. I have no experience with the Canadian Amazon operation but on the US side the Amazon marketplace is a good place to buy.

As far as moving to the USA to save $8.55 of course that is ridiculous but there are more than a few talented Canadians who have come down from the frozen north to the lower 48 seeking fame and fortune.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    FF22, Angus_CB and Carl Estes like this.
    09-13-13 01:22 PM
    Of course if I had thought I could have looked the rapid travel charger up on Amazon.ca and saved the OP and others some trouble.

09-13-13 01:34 PM
    Jeez, I can't believe no one is holding this anymore... I'm using an iPad my uni gave me and it is SO slow and annoying to use!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't take it anymore - I need this now.

http://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-Char...bUvbUpU9164198

Is that good or a scam?
    09-13-13 02:10 PM
    Jeez, I can't believe no one is holding this anymore... I'm using an iPad my uni gave me and it is SO slow and annoying to use!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH I can't take it anymore - I need this now.

http://www.amazon.ca/BlackBerry-Char...bUvbUpU9164206

Is that good or a scam?
    In the USA Amazon is trusted. Don't see why it would be any different in Canada.

09-13-13 02:17 PM
    In the USA Amazon is trusted. Don't see why it would be any different in Canada.

No, I meant that particular seller... it says the seller is BlackBerry, which can't be true. Unless I'm missing something/misunderstanding it.
    09-13-13 02:38 PM
    No, I meant that particular seller... it says the seller is BlackBerry, which can't be true. Unless I'm missing something/misunderstanding it.
    No the seller is OEM Wireless.
    Attached Thumbnails Buying: PlayBook Rapid Charger-uploadfromtaptalk1379102698470.jpg  
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    09-13-13 03:05 PM
    Like jpash said, the seller is OEM Wireless.
    They have 363 ratings with 4.9 out of 5.0 stars. Sounds good to me.
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    09-13-13 03:38 PM
    hahaha I can't believe in this day and age people are so hesitant/scared to buy stuff on the internet, and from Amazon on top of that, which are the most reputable place to buy from! I have bought SO MANY things from ebay/Amazon/kijiji and others I can't remember for the life of me and never EVER got screwed...also there is protocols in place just incase there is a small probability that something goes wrong (which most of the time it's the couriers fault) and your able to get either a replacement or your money back! now if your gonna deal with people who only take your cash via western union or something shady like that , then I can see you having something to worry about...Point is just use your common sense when dealing with people/sellers, that's all
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-13-13 04:13 PM
    oh and I forgot to say to OP, go check out all the Staples in your area as they still have tons of BB stuff on liquidation! also I know Wal-Mart is still selling the rapid dock and BB keyboard but for totally ridiculous prices might I ad, but at least you know they wont try to rip you off...if your so hesitant about buying on line...
    09-13-13 04:17 PM
    G
    oh and I forgot to say to OP, go check out all the Staples in your area as they still have tons of BB stuff on liquidation! .
    No they don't. The only thing you will find is neoprene sleeves if that.
    Don't waste your time going into a bunch of stores around here OP you won't find anything
    09-13-13 05:05 PM
    G
    No they don't. The only thing you will find is neoprene sleeves if that.
    Don't waste your time going into a bunch of stores around here OP you won't find anything
    Yeah I think the Staples near me ran out of PlayBook stuff about a year ago. Got my rapid charger online.
    09-13-13 05:25 PM
    that's so funny cuzz I see them here all the time at my staples where I live...
    09-13-13 05:53 PM
39 12