Hi everybody!

I am seriously considering dumping my HP TouchPad for a PlayBook to keep my beloved BOLD 9900 company.
    I live in Germany and prices here are pretty steep. UK on the other hand has very low prices for PlayBooks. So I was considering ordering one over there. Now I don't konw if they sell different units over there, as I want one that is fully functional here in Germany. Also, I'd like to know if things as device language, keyboard layout etc can be changed or something like that. Other than getting a German wall charger, I should be good, right?
    Anything else to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance,
    -pac
    10-10-12 03:38 PM
    I bought mine overseas as well. No issues whatsoever. You can register the device normally and get local support. Nothing but admiration for that.
    10-10-12 04:02 PM
    Ya you should be fine, you might have to mess with language and some settings but I'm sure you can handle that.
    10-10-12 04:06 PM
    My understanding is that all the Playbooks are generic in build and software (I'm referring to the Wifi only models). That means that you shouldn't have a problem buying the device in the UK or elsewhere.

However, the electrical cord that comes with it will no doubt be for the UK - and that is an important cord because it's the yellow tipped higher capacity cord designed for charging the PB. (Though most of us also use it for charging our BB phones as well)

So that will mean that you will need to leave an electrical adaptor relevant to Germany on the cord permanently - which is no big hassle.

Re the base language for the OS - easy as - just choose German when it powers up for the first installation.

Well, they're my thoughts ....... I know you'll enjoy your Playbook - I certainly do!!

PS They've been previous threads re buying overseas - and the post that comes to mind is the Canadian who bought a Playbook in Indonesia with no problems at all.
    10-10-12 04:07 PM
    Oh wow that sounds awesome. I might actually have my brother bring me one when he goes to the USA, if I can wait. Otherwise ordering it from the UK might be the best thing to do, as I pointed out.
    So maybe even the charger from my BOLD 9900 would work with the PlayBook?
    -pac
    10-10-12 04:16 PM
    Oh wow that sounds awesome. I might actually have my brother bring me one when he goes to the USA, if I can wait. Otherwise ordering it from the UK might be the best thing to do, as I pointed out.
    So maybe even the charger from my BOLD 9900 would work with the PlayBook?
    -pac
    No - you'll definitely need the yellow tipped charging cord because it's got a higher capacity and the PB needs the higher capacity to charge.

But it shouldn't be a problem to just put a Euro adaptor on it before you plug it in.
    10-10-12 04:24 PM
    Alright then!
    Thank you guys for the replies.
    -pac
    10-10-12 04:28 PM
    You will just need an adapter that changes the SHAPE of the plug - no voltage or amp conversion is necessary.
    10-10-12 05:09 PM
    Even better.
    -pac
    10-11-12 01:56 AM