I am considering buying a playbook off Craigslist. I have a 32gb that I like. I'm savvy enough to be aware that if something that is too good to be true usually is. Im seeing pbs in my area from $80-$120 for 32gbs and even a 64....it just doesnt smell right to me. I figure if I meet up with anybody im going to do it at a place that has wifi, to verify it can access wirelessly, then im also going to try to bridge to it. Unless they do a full wipe and its like the very first time it was ever powered on and I have to do everything including the updates through there, is there anything I should check for like a serial or anything? Im not even sure if a stolen PB could get locked or deactivated or anything, I just dont want to shell out $80+ and get fooled.

omaha all for sale / wanted classifieds "playbook" - craigslist
    08-09-12 03:09 AM
    Well, virtually every post that you linked to are sham postings, and the few that aren't are no bargains. The sham posts have nothing to sell, and if you reply to them you'll likely get a response that they're sorry, they just sold it, but that they got a few of them from this great penny auction site and you can too. Then they'll link you to a penny auction site, where, if you click the link, you'll be redirected to another auction site. The point is, these posters get paid to send people to these auction sites, and list Playbooks, Kindle Fires and other electronics as the bait. It has been going on for a while now on Craigslist, and is quite annoying. The few posts that actually seem legit are the ones that include a phone number- and, as I said, these posts are by no means bargains.
    08-09-12 03:34 AM
    Well, virtually every post that you linked to are sham postings, and the few that aren't are no bargains. The sham posts have nothing to sell, and if you reply to them you'll likely get a response that they're sorry, they just sold it, but that they got a few of them from this great penny auction site and you can too. Then they'll link you to a penny auction site, where, if you click the link, you'll be redirected to another auction site. The point is, these posters get paid to send people to these auction sites, and list Playbooks, Kindle Fires and other electronics as the bait. It has been going on for a while now on Craigslist, and is quite annoying. The few posts that actually seem legit are the ones that include a phone number- and, as I said, these posts are by no means bargains.
    Good looking out. I am always skeptical of buying something where there is no picture. I wouldnt respond to one that is pretty bare, Ive used CL maybe 3 times and usually someone will embed there number to txt for more info or atleast have pics. Those are practically the only ones Id respond to because I figure the other ones are scams or stolen. Best Buy online has some refurbed ones for $129..if I decide to get a second one I'd probably do it through there so atleast I know it works. I dont really need one, I kinda want one though...probably better to just be happy with what I have.

Thanks.
    08-09-12 03:45 AM
    WOW....... I have also been looking for a good used playbook and I have also experianced the penny auction sham postings. I also have been looking on Ebay and a place called "nothing_but_the_best_electronics" on Ebay has posted more than 40 Playbooks for sale over the last few weeks. They use a 4 star rating system for the condition and also rate the operation. They also have a 14 days money back, buyer pays return shipping policy on the ones that are in good condition.

But let me tell you.... For the Playbook being trashed by so many you sure can't find one in good condition cheap. Heck I see broken ones selling for $60 to $85 and the ones in good condition are selling for $110 to $130.

I would like to find a good used one for $75 but I don't think that is going to happen.
    08-09-12 01:36 PM
    "the owner " listing. you can filter out the scammers by looking for the "Owner" at the end of the listing before you click on it. STAY AWAY FROM THE "DEALER" ones, like said, scammers.......

C
    08-09-12 01:43 PM
    I got my 16GB PB off of craigslist for $70 USD. I think the guy took pity on my poor grad student status. He even had the receipt in case I need it for the warranty.
    08-09-12 04:44 PM
    Bought my 64gb off craigslist. Met the dude in a public place during the day. Went through the PB and after I was satisfied handed him the cash.

I wouldn't purchase one without being able to put it through its paces firsthand.
    08-09-12 09:02 PM
    I sold a playbook on craigslist along time ago, went smooth.
    08-09-12 09:11 PM
    16g around 110 is normal in Canada, I bought one and still have half year. Warranty. But it also depends on accessories like convertible. Case. 64g probably should be 200
    08-09-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD