I am buying myself a christmas which is going to be a playbook just wanted to see what storage size I get I'm leaning towards the 64gb but am also considering the 32gb. I have tons of music and some movies so I don't which would be better any recomdations? Thanks Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-11 08:37 AM
    I have the 64gb pb with tons of music and movies also. I've been at about 3 gb free since June of this year. I can't bring myself to remove anything from it. I just wish they would come out with a 128GB model. That would be sweet.
    12-21-11 08:55 AM
    I had the same decision to make and went with the 64GB. I did this as there is no SD slot, so if you go with the smaller size you could regret it. It sounds like we are a bit similar in that I have a ton of music too and video which take up a lot of room. I have also found over the past couple of months is that I am more apt to buy apps for the playbook and they are generally larger in size. I figure $100 for an extra 32GB is not too bad.
    12-21-11 08:58 AM
    ...rule for buying technology....you need more storage than you think!
    12-21-11 09:21 AM
    Got the 64GB and glad i did. Go big.
    12-21-11 09:25 AM
    It's been said "The bigger, the better" and it certainly applies to Playbooks. Why start off limiting yourself. Go for the 64g and you will never have to look back.
    12-21-11 09:27 AM
    It all depends....if the Playbook and a phone are the only devices you own, then perhaps going "bigger" might be better. My iTunes library does not to be on my Playbook in its entirety. I have the music I need on the PB that I care to listen to when I'm doing some reading or surfing the web away from home, or sitting outside on the porch. My home PC stores whatever photos and videos I might care to save, and besides, I don't see a reason to stock the Neflix library in its entirety on a PB unless I'm somewhere in Kandahar Province or Ice Station Zebra for an extended stay. Game apps, well, let's just say I'm not into playing games period.

So, what size do you need, it depends on how you really intend to use it, and whether existing devices in your possession would simply negate the need for a tablet pc.
    rjgjr likes this.
    12-21-11 09:44 AM
    12-21-11 09:47 AM
    I bought myself a 16GB and my kids each a 32GB. I don't use the playbook much for music, but do store some on it. I use my PSP for that if I want a huge amount of music. I don't see the need for keeping a whole pile of videos on the playbook. I've only had it of course for 3 days, but I have TB's of video on my computer and hard drives, so simply move them back and forth. Why would I need to store them on my playbook? How many hours of portable video do you need? If I was travelling far, I would also be taking my laptop anyway.
    12-21-11 09:50 AM
    Buy as much as you can afford. Its better to have and not need than to need and not have,
    12-21-11 09:56 AM
    I got the 32GB only because I'm using my PB as a movie viewer, gaming device and to surf the web. I've got my music on my phone and don't see a need to duplicate it on the tablet. Keeping most of my music off frees up space for more movies.

I had the 16GB for awhile and it was way too small.
    12-21-11 09:59 AM
    Yes. Preparing to fly out to Hawaii last June, I was down to 300mb after downloading 6 movies. I just caught the Best Buy 64g refurbished sale (back ordered now) and looking forward to having it.....if my order isn't cancelled.
    12-21-11 10:04 AM
    At least 32! I have used over 16 storing pictures, music & videos. 1hr video can use 1gfor 1hr. I have over 150 apps.
    12-21-11 10:06 AM
    sounds like a lot of people are storing a ton of stuff on theirs that they want to store, but don't need to store. I'd base your purchase on whether you want the extra storage or not because with how easy it is just to swap out half a dozen movies at a time as you need them (movies are the only media files that will use enough space to matter either way) you'll never actually need more than the 16. I've got some gameloft games on mine, quite a few apps, and a ton of ebooks/ecomics/photos and I still have about 10 GB spare for movies. Music stays on my phone because I like my music source small and portable for car docking or pant pocket.

By the time movies and apps start hitting file sizes larger than they are now, you'll be into an entirely new generation of quad core tablets. I say go with the 16 for the pittance price they are right now and you won't feel financially married to it. $200 is a throwaway I-don't-care price that frees you up to switch it out faster without feeling like you didn't get your money's worth out of it, which in my mind is the most important factor of all. I could toss my PB aside in 6 months and not regret the $200. I spend that on coffee at work in 2 months. It's a win-win Either way do yourself a favor and don't let anyone fish-hook you into believing you need 32/64. you really don't. Whether you want it or not is a different story.
    Last edited by omniusovermind; 12-21-11 at 10:20 AM.
    12-21-11 10:17 AM
    I'm down to 19gigs of STUFF on my 32gig unit. I had about 28 gigs until I did a Security Wipe two weeks ago. I did not restore a bunch of apps and cleaned out a few videos and moved pb "camera" pictures off the device.

Since I mostly listen to Classical music, my music is pretty static at around 5 gigs (it does not go out of fashion as frequently as pop music). I may add some more now that I've cleaned up other odds/ends a bit.
    12-21-11 10:54 AM
    might as well get 64gb.

on iOS and android you barely need storage at all (except for apps) because all media can be streamed directly from either your own pc or google music etc.

playbook doesn't have any of this functionality (or does a very **** poor job of it) so you're kinda just stuck with local media support (even then its pretty bad since half of my videos play with NO sound on the playbook at all and im not going to bother converting/wasting more hd space/etc just for the playbook when all of my other devices play them just fine)
    12-21-11 11:13 AM
    might as well get 64gb.

on iOS and android you barely need storage at all (except for apps) because all media can be streamed directly from either your own pc or google music etc.

playbook doesn't have any of this functionality (or does a very **** poor job of it) so you're kinda just stuck with local media support (even then its pretty bad since half of my videos play with NO sound on the playbook at all and im not going to bother converting/wasting more hd space/etc just for the playbook when all of my other devices play them just fine)
    Glad you're happy with your other devices Any chance you could allow others to be happy with theirs? Why does the idea that other people prefer this one bother you so much ? Did playbook abuse you as a child?

You seem to be on a strange campaign here. Curious about the motivation.
    12-21-11 11:15 AM
    Glad you're happy with your other devices Any chance you could allow others to be happy with theirs? Why does the idea that other people prefer this one bother you so much ? Did playbook abuse you as a child?

You seem to be on a strange campaign here. Curious about the motivation.
    There's not much to be curious about, I've seen guys like this a million times. If I hated a product so much I know I wouldn't still be here either. What kind of person does that? Just kidding I already know, the question was facetious. He ditched his PB for a piece of crap tablet and he's on a rampage trying to justify it to himself when in actuality he knows inside he chose wrong. Sorry You blew your wad on a P.O.S. Lyn, but get over it, take your meds and move on. Get this through the first couple of skull layers: you're not going to convince anyone to join your hate parade just to make you feel better.
    Chaddface likes this.
    12-21-11 11:34 AM
    ^^^Interesting perspective - still waiting to hear it from him/her. Doesn't ignore my other comments. Why this one?

Motivation please lynntarbox. It might help us to help you. We like to help here at Crackberry.
    mjordan5 likes this.
    12-21-11 11:51 PM
    It all depends....if the Playbook and a phone are the only devices you own, then perhaps going "bigger" might be better. My iTunes library does not to be on my Playbook in its entirety. I have the music I need on the PB that I care to listen to when I'm doing some reading or surfing the web away from home, or sitting outside on the porch. My home PC stores whatever photos and videos I might care to save, and besides, I don't see a reason to stock the Neflix library in its entirety on a PB unless I'm somewhere in Kandahar Province or Ice Station Zebra for an extended stay. Game apps, well, let's just say I'm not into playing games period.

So, what size do you need, it depends on how you really intend to use it, and whether existing devices in your possession would simply negate the need for a tablet pc.
    Well the playbook and my 9930 are the only 2 mobile devices I would have because I have my desktop sitting at home but no laptop so would be putting most if not all my music and movies on my playbook to have for on the go on breaks at work or trips whatever. So i think I will just go with the 64gb and not have to worry about if I went with a smaller size. Thanks for the input guys/girls. Mike
    12-22-11 09:25 AM
    might as well get 64gb.

Why are you even commenting in a BLACKBERRY oriented forum if I wanted advice on a android or iOS tablet I would have went and joined a android or iOS forum but I am a Blackberry user and always will be so please keep out of this unless you have advice on the Blackberry Playbook not some crap android or another fruit tablet that everybody has.
    12-22-11 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD