I'd like to buy a few apps for my Playbook, but don't want to setup a Paypal account for it. Is there anything like an ITunes card or similar that I can buy to purchase apps, without adding banking info to my Playbook?
    06-11-13 12:03 PM
    Unfortunately, no BB World pre-paid cards similar to what iTunes as to offer. The only other option available is a credit card, providing you have one. This is the main why I only download or sideload free apps/games on my Playbook. If you have the LTE version you might be able to go through your carrier, similar to the Z10 or Android devices. Hope that helps.
    06-11-13 12:22 PM
    Couldn't you just buy a prepaid Visa card and link that to your account? Visa Prepaid Card | Visa Mobile Optimized Site
    EchoesFX and kellysz01 like this.
    06-11-13 12:38 PM
    Couldn't you just buy a prepaid Visa card and link that to your account? Visa Prepaid Card | Visa Mobile Optimized Site
    yep or do what I do and use a visa debit card through your chequing account at your bank
    06-11-13 06:30 PM
    I'm lucky Telus Mobility allows their clients to charge BlackBerry World purchases to their cell phone bill. I guess not all carriers allow that option.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:34 PM
    I'm lucky Telus Mobility allows their clients to charge BlackBerry World purchases to their cell phone bill. I guess not all carriers allow that option.

Posted via CB10
    He's using a PlayBook. Not a BB10 smartphone.
    06-11-13 06:37 PM
    If you live in the US, go with a Chase Liquid card. Prepaid, functions as a normal Visa card, and doesn't ding you with a fee for every transaction like many prepaid cards tend to.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies folks. I wish BB had a card available. I bet they'd sell more apps. Even my free apps keep asking for my Paypal info when I try and update for some reason. This sort of thing make me nervous. I'd like to download some navigation charts for my boat, and there's nothing free there. I'm in Canada, and it's a Wi-Fi only Playbbok that I've got. I like the pre-paid VISA idea. I don't like the idea of having my regular credit card info on my BB Playbook. I don't like it much on my PC, let alone something as easy to pick up and walk away with as a Playbook. How secure is the info on one anyhow? Any issues with people being able to get in via Wi-Fi connection and look around?
    06-11-13 11:59 PM
    If you have a charge card, why not use it? I do all the time to pay for PB apps.
    06-13-13 01:03 AM