I now have a use for purchasing a playbook ad I was wondering if I should buy a 64g version now or wait to see what hardware changes are made to the 4g playbook arriving? Does anyone know what is to be expected in terms of a major change or is just the added 4g chipset and maybe more ram?
    06-08-12 10:49 AM
    Faster processor, 3/4G radio and NFC are the most rumored enhancements.
    But $199 is a probably a price we won't see anymore soon ...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-08-12 10:56 AM
    Two issues... you need to check with your carrier as to whether ther are data caps or not for 4g as it gets expensve... my 3g birdged PB is unlimited Data.... the other will be cost... as RIM is sellng their current PB at a loss or at best break even... I doubt the 4g vrersons will be as cheap.... they will need to start making money at some point....
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-08-12 10:56 AM
    I figured the price would jump too. I'm not going to be doing that much browsing but sometimes stream a tv show on the train so 4G isn't really appealing to me. There's always wifi lol. No use for NFC. I guess ill just buy the 64gig seeing as its not the major of an upgrade. Thank you for your fast responces.
    06-08-12 11:03 AM
    I know I'm new here, but am very well in tune with tech. Perhaps it's not best to worry about what might be, but rather enjoy what's avaliable to you today. Sure, nobody wants to buy something that's obsolete soon after they make their purchase, but tech is changing daily. Buy what you feel fits your needs today and enjoy what it brings you.
    06-08-12 03:42 PM
    That 1.5Ghz CPU is so tempting
    06-08-12 10:06 PM
    That 1.5Ghz CPU is so tempting
    Doubt that it will improve performance significantly. The CPU clock speed is not the bottleneck.
    06-08-12 10:25 PM
    OP, also note that the 4G Playbook is expected to have a smaller capacity battery. If you consider the 4G/3G connectivity, higher clock processor, and NFC chip, the 4G Playbook will most probably have much shorter battery life.

On the other hand, if cellular connectivity is what you are looking for (and you don't have a BB phone), then the 4G PB may be worth waiting for.
    06-08-12 10:27 PM
    Just go buy it - the price is right and the device is a winner. I have never looked back or regretted the playbook. PB ftw.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 11:21 PM
    Doubt that it will improve performance significantly. The CPU clock speed is not the bottleneck.
    i would think that android apps will run better on playbook with 1.5Ghz CPU
    06-09-12 08:47 AM
    Do you think the 3g/4g playbook will come when 2.1 is released or whit the BB10 update?
    06-09-12 12:39 PM
    People you all heard that the new playbook would be faster and have bla bla, but we can never be sure about what we hear because it ain't official. It's all rumors. The new ipad would be faster right. Turns out not
    06-09-12 01:27 PM
    It's being released next month. True story...
    06-10-12 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD