Im seeing all this talk about bb10 and the cascades homescreen...i dont know i mean its cool but to be honest i love the current playbooks way of multitasking. I was a huge webos fan and came to BB when HP tanked. So now im here and they are talking about switching methods.

Anyone else prefer to see the current card multitasking view of the PB to the BB10 cascades?
    05-14-12 11:27 PM
    You have a good point. I like the way the playbook ui works. Also in the demos it was in portrait mode. And I use the playbook mostly in landscape mode. I wonder how it will translate.
    05-14-12 11:33 PM
    Apple will be the blackberry of 2013. Just enjoy the evolution of qnx
    05-15-12 12:47 AM
    Im seeing all this talk about bb10 and the cascades homescreen...i dont know i mean its cool but to be honest i love the current playbooks way of multitasking. I was a huge webos fan and came to BB when HP tanked. So now im here and they are talking about switching methods.

Anyone else prefer to see the current card multitasking view of the PB to the BB10 cascades?
    The current PlayBook way of multitasking will be so full off apps that runs in background.
    So that's why the cascade UI came.
    05-15-12 12:51 AM
    I made a post about what I though and was thinking there might be a separate portrait and landscape UI. How amazing would that be? Since I agree OP, I really like the PBs UI but most of the time you hold a phone in portrait so it would be cool if it could do both. Maybe we could see customizable UIs, or I may be dreaming.
    05-15-12 12:53 AM
    I was thinking about the same thing. But then again I may be bored of the ui six months from now.

I also think they will have a slightly altered bb10 ui that keeps the tablet in mind. Could be why playbook is not getting bb10 until sometime after the phones are released.

They will be making changes so that it suits a tablet.
    05-15-12 07:02 AM
    The Playbook OS is one of the best tablet operating systems that I have ever seen. I can only assume that RIM will only improve on that with BB10.
    05-15-12 07:17 AM
    I was thinking about the same thing. But then again I may be bored of the ui six months from now.

I also think they will have a slightly altered bb10 ui that keeps the tablet in mind. Could be why playbook is not getting bb10 until sometime after the phones are released.

They will be making changes so that it suits a tablet.
    If the development team lacks the basic skills necessary to allow portrait-mode and landscape-mode views on both smartphone and tablet, hire people with the skills and toss the inept into the street. The admission that the tablet software will not be updated to match the new smartphones until "sometime after the smartphones are released" wreaks of the old guard. Any screw-up by Research In Motion with the release of BB10 and its implementation on the next-generation smartphones and current-generation tablet will not be well received by detractors and supporters alike. The time of the apologists ended in January 2012.

For me there is no other smartphone or tablet apart from the BlackBerry brand. Yet foot-dragging and knuckle-dragging on the part of Research In Motion is unacceptable in 2012 and beyond.
    05-15-12 07:23 AM
    You have a good point. I like the way the playbook ui works. Also in the demos it was in portrait mode. And I use the playbook mostly in landscape mode. I wonder how it will translate.
    Ditto here. I keep my PB in landscape mode.
    05-15-12 07:25 AM
    I love my pb and the current UI but am excited to see what's coming next. I also use my pb in landscape mode most of the time and will be interested in seeing how it all comes together. Trying not to act like a kid waiting for Christmas (as in give it to me already ).
    05-15-12 08:03 AM
    Maybe I did not study enough for this exam. I probably did not review all of the videos from the last Rim conference so I don't know what Rim may/will change with Cascades. Does someone have a link to a video that demonstrates what might be changed? I also like the current system although I actually liked it when more apps showed on the last OS. I would like to be able to reorder the apps in the "carousel."
    05-15-12 09:20 AM
    RIM absolutely will have BB10 working in both landscape and portrait views...they understand they built the playbook to be used in landscape, and the phones will be for portrait! that being said, they will carry BB10 over to PB and keep the same layout (they want to create the same experience among all their devices)...although its a bigger screen the home screen which includes the 4 most recent apps will most likely be viewed as horizontal rectangles rather than vertical like it will be in portrait mode...this will make 4 large cards (probably similar size to those on OS 1 for PB)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-15-12 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD