I am posting this using in-flight wifi from my Playbook. I am on the return leg of a cross-country business trip. For the first time, I went laptopless and relied on my Playbook. How'd it do? Pretty good.

The size and weight of the Playbook are awesome. It is barely there. I try not to check any bags so every little bit helps. Bridge browsing on the terminal and other places while waiting is also great. Battery life is also great. The Playbook has more than enough juice to go cross country. I watched two DVD rips on the first flight. I also did some reading and preparation for my meeting. These are all big deals. Playbook did these thongs as good or better than my laptop.

I used the Playbook for some light note taking during a meeting. I dont care about formatting or much else for this kind of thing so Playbook is up to this job. A laptop would be a little better because of tbe keyboard.

The last thing that I am going to comment on is where the rubber really hits the road. I had to prepare a professional quality email that involved some complicated subject matter. There are some limitations. First, I could not copy text from an email attachment and paste it into a new email. After I saved a draft email that I had been working on, I could no longer edit it on the Playbook. Weird. I gave up on this approach. Instead, I prepared a document in Word to go on my phone and then emailed it to myself. Only then could I do the cut and paste that I had to do. Also, as far as I can tell, you can only open one document at a time on Word to Go. This is annoying because you have to constantly save and close the documents to go back and forth. At the end of the day, I pulled ot off and prepared a nice document. It should have been much easier than it was though. I think that the Bridge needs to be improved amd Word to Go also needs to be improved. I don't think I would have had the issues if I ha native email.

Excuse all the typos. I am at 30,000 feet and I am sitting next to a really big guy.
    moninja likes this.
    07-18-11 07:25 PM
    nice!

hopefully Microsoft Office Suites helps you out in the near future...
    07-18-11 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD