View Poll Results: Does Your PlayBook Wobble On A Flat Surface?

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • No and my power button is flush

175 29.97%
  • No and my power button is raised

176 30.14%
  • Yes and my power button is flush

101 17.29%
  • Yes and my power button is raised

132 22.60%
    I feel genuinely lucky that I havent had any of the issues others have been having.. especially this one. Dead pixels, bad gps/wifi, bridge probs, growing bulges.. What a pain
    06-02-11 09:55 PM
    still as of right now, no bulge. who ever revived this thread, why? but anyways mine was bough on april 19th and no bulging then and still none today.
    06-02-11 10:12 PM
    It could be hydrogen building up in the battery waiting for that one spark to happen...
    06-02-11 10:22 PM
    I feel genuinely lucky that I havent had any of the issues others have been having.. especially this one. Dead pixels, bad gps/wifi, bridge probs, growing bulges.. What a pain

Like any mass produced product, a certain percentage is going to be flawed. A forum will always have it perceived as the norm, not the exception.

still as of right now, no bulge. who ever revived this thread, why? but anyways mine was bough on april 19th and no bulging then and still none today.
    Better eevived than a new one. Amazing the plethora of PB threads since it's release.
    06-02-11 10:30 PM
    Just to update:

If you have a bulge on the back of your PlayBook you may have a major manufacturer defect. It is bad enough that they did not bother repairing my PB and have shipped a new one out to me. So for those who have this issue I would send it in and have it taken care of while it is still under warranty.

I will say that the return process was fantastic. I received my shipping box the day after I called them. They sent it Fed-Ex overnight from Tennessee (I am in Oregon) and included a prepaid return shipping label for the same service. Just for the heck of it I looked up how much this would have cost me to send it out with the same service and $700 insurance. The cost came to $83. Very cool of RIM to use overnight service for their RMAs.
    Last edited by bighap; 06-08-11 at 09:16 AM.
    06-08-11 08:54 AM
    not flat! mine can spin on the desk
    06-08-11 08:58 AM
    Mine is nice and flat.. And I have it in an Otterbox... that should fix your problem. Or, if it does bother you, see if you can exchange it. As for a heating issue, mine stays nice and cool.
    06-08-11 10:23 AM
    still as flat as it was on april 19th.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 10:28 AM
    I think they must have hid the dope in that one.
    06-08-11 10:35 AM
    guess i will call up rim and get my 4th PB
    06-08-11 03:39 PM
    The rep was incorrect in saying I was getting a new PlayBook. Same serial # but it now lays flat and my power button is raised even more than previous one. Maybe they just replaced the back
    06-08-11 09:06 PM
    Mine used to flat, now since i started using the andriod player, the back started to get warm and i noticed today that the it started to bulge by the logo. Not sure if its going to crack at some point.
    08-07-11 09:32 PM
    Maybe you got the "extended battery" model, lol
    now, now I don't think thats the case. But if it is I want one too....LoL
    08-07-11 09:55 PM
    Wouldn't that be annoying to type with it flat on a table? It's a tablet, it's made for holding just my 200 pesos.

Thats your $20? Lol 2 pesos roughly equates to 2 cents. Unless you really did mean your $20 lol
    08-08-11 12:26 AM
    Thats your $20? Lol 2 pesos roughly equates to 2 cents. Unless you really did mean your $20 lol
    I was just throwing out a random number lol.
    Right now a peso is about $0.08 (historically the exchange rate was much lower) so 200 pesos would only be a bit over $16
    So I suppose the correct thing for me to have said is that's my 1/4 peso, although if the *ehem* highly esteemed current US Dictat...er, president sticks around, I'm sure in a few years someone will quote me to say 200 pesos is equal to $1,000,000,000

08-08-11 12:56 AM
    I've had three playbooks and have set up 2 other ones. Strangely, the 16gb playbooks seem to have the most problems. I've had 2 different 32gb's, and the power button is somewhat raised on both of them and one of them has a slight bulge at the BB logo. The 64gb ones are the best in terms of power button being raised quite high and not having the bulge. I'm not sure if it's because the 64gb were made later or they paid special attention to those because of how expensive they are...
    08-08-11 01:04 AM
    man i am sooo glad i poke around crackberry several times a day! I've had my playbook for 10 days and i never would of known to check for a bulge on the back unless i saw it on here, well i probably would have eventually noticed, but it might have been too late by then.

So what's happening with mine is RIM is issuing a RMA for me, but unlike the OP, instead of sending mine in for repair, they're shipping a brand new one to me, and i have 14 days to send them back the defective one. This is probably because though i'm still only 10 days in, not months. I'll keep you guys posted.
    08-10-11 01:26 AM
    I too have this issue and I think it may be a little worse now. I have a launch PB so my 90 day support is over. I've never called support before. Are they going to bill me for this? Would this not be a manufacturing defect and covered? What do you guys think?
    08-18-11 09:30 AM
    I too have this issue and I think it may be a little worse now. I have a launch PB so my 90 day support is over. I've never called support before. Are they going to bill me for this? Would this not be a manufacturing defect and covered? What do you guys think?
    The pb is covered by a one year warranty. The bulge should be covered and a call to get it covered should not cost anything.

Actually, there probably should be a way to distinguish between a call for tech support (why can't I open the video app?) for one covering defects in materials/workmanship. Obviously, if your wifi is not working it could be YOUR issue or a defect in the wifi "radio/antenna" so I don't know how one makes that determination.

Good luck
    08-18-11 10:43 AM
    not flat! mine can spin on the desk
    Add a bottle background and you're all set to party.

Hi-tech spin the bottle. Yahoo.
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    08-18-11 10:52 AM
    Mine was flat until she got pregnant ;-)
    08-18-11 03:42 PM
    Mine was flat until she got pregnant ;-)
    So, the QNX phones really are on their way...
    08-18-11 04:03 PM
    Wow, I've always noticed the bulge but never really paid attention to it. The variation in the poll is really amazing and peculiar.... interesting.
    08-18-11 04:52 PM
    Mine has a a slight bulge. I think it probably just depends on which factory it was build in and the lot number of parts used more than anything else.
    08-18-11 08:34 PM
    Mine has a a slight bulge. I think it probably just depends on which factory it was build in and the lot number of parts used more than anything else.
    I was thinking this too at first but In the back of my mind I can't help but think it may be an issue that's more serious since Rim was eager to replace the PB of others in this thread.
    Berryuman likes this.
    08-18-11 09:56 PM
168 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD