How do I delete or manage my files locally on the Playbook? I won't always have access to a PC. I can't find a built in file manager, and when I do a long press on file (ie pictures I don't want), nothing happens.

Jim
    10-03-11 11:43 AM
    There is no or little native file management. Go to app world and get one of several really good file managers.
    10-03-11 11:46 AM
    A fundamental O/S feature... and not included in the Playbook? Come on RIM.
    10-03-11 11:51 AM
    I agree that it should have been provided, but you can download Air Browser in App World, it's free and a decent file manager tool. It's about as good as one would have expected from a native tool.
    10-03-11 11:56 AM
    you can use air browser... whuch also allow to compress zip files.

there are some paid app but air browser does the trick
    10-03-11 11:58 AM
    Thanks for the app suggestion. Installing now.
    10-03-11 12:06 PM
    A fundamental O/S feature... and not included in the Playbook? Come on RIM.
    Welcome to the Playbook. Don;t misunderstand, i love my PB bur it is obvious RIM shipped a very basic unit. No bluetooth audio, no file manager, built in ebook reader wont let you sideload your own books. No Skype no Netflix. Sheesh!
    10-03-11 12:10 PM
    The native file manager does not delete files anymore. Any one have any suggestions to make it work?
    07-22-12 03:04 PM
    The native file manager does not delete files anymore. Any one have any suggestions to make it work?
    It does. In the upper RIGHT corner, tap the Pencil (edit) icon. A trashcan will appear down the right side of the screen for each file. Tap to Delete.
    07-22-12 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD