Hi ,
    I am with BT (British Telecom in the UK) and get access to other peoples wifi routers to browse the net for free through a system called BTFon.The problem I have is that to enable access to this system I need to make a percentage of my router available for others to access . Not when I have been out and come back home it pops up with the BTFon router and does not default to my BT Hub. IS there any way to override this so it connects to my BT Hub automatically when I am in range?

Thanks in advance!

L
    01-02-12 07:21 PM
    You should set your BT Hub as saved. On the Select a network, drop down box and tap saved networks?
    loreburne likes this.
    01-02-12 07:30 PM
    You should set your BT Hub as saved. On the Select a network, drop down box and tap saved networks?
    Ah I see, Thanks for that. So when I am out and about and it pops up with a BTFon network I should just log in and not save the network?
    01-02-12 07:32 PM
    How did you know that, being from Texas an all?
    01-02-12 07:41 PM
    Cause at the end of the day all WIFI routers/access points are the same ..
    loreburne likes this.
    01-02-12 07:44 PM
    Ah I see, Thanks for that. So when I am out and about and it pops up with a BTFon network I should just log in and not save the network?
    Or your could save both the wifi's, and it will auto connect to which ever one is in the area.

That way you don't have to use the drop down box to switch from Saved to Available.

Then if your are totally in unfamilar areas, drop down box and tap Open.. for places like Micky D's or a Starbucks.
    loreburne likes this.
    01-02-12 07:47 PM
    How did you know that, being from Texas an all?
    heheheh I'm a displaced California Surfer.. Left for dead in Texas J/K
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-02-12 at 07:53 PM.
    loreburne likes this.
    01-02-12 07:49 PM
    Or your could save both the wifi's, and it will auto connect to which ever one is in the area.

That way you don't have to use the drop down box to switch from Saved to Available.

Then if your are totally in unfamilar areas, drop down box and tap Open.. for places like Micky D's or a Starbucks.
    Thanks for that...the only problem is my BTFon (and the neighbours !) shows when I am at home!
    01-02-12 07:50 PM
    Well there goes my theory! LOL but you will have to tap the one you want then.
    Sorry
    01-02-12 08:02 PM
    Yep I thought so...but it seems to prefer the BTfon one! I will try and not remember it and see it that works...Thanks for all your help!
    01-02-12 08:03 PM
    jafobabe what do you thing the best way to view and reply to this forum is on a Playbook?
    I take it the browser is the best when on wifi but whats the best (to save data) when bridgeing ) ? I use Tapatalk on my Bold 9900 and it works great
    01-02-12 08:06 PM
    Use the mobile forums if you not already.
    m.crackberry.com
    loreburne and blackburberry like this.
    01-02-12 08:12 PM
    Use the mobile forums if you not already.
    m.crackberry.com
    Thanks! I should have known that!
    01-02-12 08:13 PM
    I'm in the same BT boat as you. At home my Playbook auto connects to my WEP Wi-fi because I already told it the key. For all BT-fon hotspots it asks for confirmation due to the wi-fi being unsecured.

Maybe tinker with the security settings in your playbook or (if it isn't) turn on WEP on your BT router.

Even though I used to work for BT I'm no fan of them but since getting the playbook I'm glad of the number of free hotspots available - even living in the middle of rural Wales!
    01-02-12 09:00 PM
    Wow....did you use a "kook box" and did you ever meet Doc Ball?
    01-02-12 09:01 PM
    Wow....did you use a "kook box" and did you ever meet Doc Ball?
    No, sorry... I wasn't allowed out of my cell room much.
    01-02-12 09:08 PM
    No, sorry... I wasn't allowed out of my cell room much.
    LMAO...you do know the kook box is a hollow board used in the 30's and Doc was a famous surfing photographer of that era?
    01-02-12 09:11 PM
    Watch out for those Lone Sharks in the Lone Star. You must have caught a huge wave.

I visited Dallas once while my sister was briefly living there. I informed her I would not be visiting again. No topographical relief whatsoever. But that Horse Sculpture was very interesting.
    01-02-12 09:15 PM
    Watch out for those Lone Sharks in the Lone Star. You must have caught a huge wave.

I visited Dallas once while my sister was briefly living there. I informed her I would not be visiting again. No topographical relief whatsoever. But that Horse Sculpture was very interesting.
    Understand how you feel... my bro said the same thing and every year I have to go up to see him in Colorado (but sure don't mind). I love it up there.
    Yes, the Horses are neat and the cattle sculptures Downtown do have the expression of movement/
    01-02-12 09:20 PM
    Go into the wifi options, select the saved networks option and then move your home network higher up the list.
    01-02-12 09:21 PM
    Hi,

Just out of interest, has anyone converted and successfully tested the BT FON android app .apk to .bar for the BBPB?

I too am a UK user and would love to have the BT FON app running on my PlayBook.

Thanks,

Vik
    01-03-12 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD