Hey all,

I bought my PB 64 second hand from a guy back in sept for $400. he seemed happy to part with it and i was happy to get it. i went through the process of doing the wipes and what not, just to make sure her and i got off to a fresh start, and its been good. but sometimes, maybe 40% of the time, while im surfing the web on it, it will take either forever to load, not load at all, or hiccup. ive shown my PB off to friends while on wifi and also via bridge, and ive gotten remarks from some saying "thats f*cking slow dude" it could be something as simple as watching youtube or pulling up some fight stats on google. like i said, it happens when im on bridge, and also happens when im on various wifi networks.

my history is set to clear daily, and i do a "clear all" every 1-2 days b/c i let my friends dink around on it sometimes. i am wondering if why i am having the loading problems that i do? is this one of the appeals of the OS 2.0? is it a Service provider issue? is my PB a Lemon? any info would be great!
    01-13-12 07:50 PM
    It's been like this since Sept? For wifi many say setting your router to G does wonders but you can't do that when not at home. Over bridge I get some of that and sometimes my browser crashes..... some days more than others and I figure that is to do with bluetooth being overloaded or my carrier.

Have you tried a debrick? Wouldn't think there would be much to lose since it's second hand and not sure if warranty would still apply. Some say the beta OS wifi is better.
    01-13-12 08:07 PM
    it seemed somewhat better earlier on in the relationship, but maybe that was the honeymoon period??? how does one set my router to G? and would i have to do that everywhere i go? home, work, university, friends' house? seems kinda moot. for example, im here trying to watch a youtube vid in 1080p on my works wifi and it will get to a certain point and then starts to have loading hiccups. that has embarrassed me on a few occasions lol. havent done a debrick i dont think. whats the thought process behind doing so?
    01-13-12 08:21 PM
    it seemed somewhat better earlier on in the relationship, but maybe that was the honeymoon period??? how does one set my router to G? and would i have to do that everywhere i go? home, work, university, friends' house? seems kinda moot. for example, im here trying to watch a youtube vid in 1080p on my works wifi and it will get to a certain point and then starts to have loading hiccups. that has embarrassed me on a few occasions lol. havent done a debrick i dont think. whats the thought process behind doing so?
    LOL true on the wifi is why I said you can't do that elsewhere. My laptop has hiccups trying to view 1080p videos at times.

The thought is if there are any software glitches it will completely reinstall the OS and may help. A wipe just strips the OS (I think) of things you have installed and settings.
    tonyron227 and CopperTec like this.
    01-13-12 08:25 PM
    thanks , ill have to look into that then, see if it helps my situation any. guess i gotta back my pb up too huh?
    01-13-12 08:30 PM
    For sure, I would just backup your files etc. no settings that might get restored.
    01-13-12 08:39 PM
    THIS WILL TAKE IT BACK TO FACTORY SETTINGS - and you will lose all your data.

The Security Wipe will only wipe your personal data, like BBID and wifi settings.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take around 20 min.

Check out the Newbie Tips and Tricks for the Playbook, by clicking below my signature..
    It was compiled by the knowledgeable posters from this forum.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 01-13-12 at 08:51 PM.
    01-13-12 08:47 PM
    thanks a bunch, i am mostly concerned about the nth number of movies and family guys episodes on it haha. just wanna make sure i get them back on, considering my streaming problems. will likely try it tonight!
    01-13-12 09:07 PM
    juat back up first with desk top software
    01-13-12 09:13 PM
    Listen up! The web browser has been an off and on issue for the BlackBerry PlayBook. This forum has many threads and postings about it.s various idiosyncrasies. I would wager a week's earnings that the problem is with the WiFi because other applications such as Movie Vault occasionally are affected from time to time as well. However, that said, I am tired of the constant complaining on this forum. If you do not like the tablet, sell it and keep your malcontent behavior to yourself. If the BlackBerry PlayBook was actually perfect many of you would still be griping.
    01-13-12 09:37 PM
    Listen up! The web browser has been an off and on issue for the BlackBerry PlayBook. This forum has many threads and postings about it.s various idiosyncrasies. I would wager a week's earnings that the problem is with the WiFi because other applications such as Movie Vault occasionally are affected from time to time as well. However, that said, I am tired of the constant complaining on this forum. If you do not like the tablet, sell it and keep your malcontent behavior to yourself. If the BlackBerry PlayBook was actually perfect many of you would still be griping.
    thanks for pointing out that it is a known issue. but my inquiries are to find out ways to optimize my PB, so that I get the best I can out of it. I come to a PB/BB forum to learn tips and tricks from knowledgeable members of the community- I have no intention of selling my PB, I just want it to play the part of a superior device. If you cannot tell the difference between troubleshooting and griping, perhaps you should take a hike
    02-07-12 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD