Why does the Google icon appear/present as greyed out when all the other (browser) icons within Browsers/Bookmarks are normal (I.e in full colour).
    12-20-12 05:38 AM
    Because google it's getting older
    Can you provide a screenshot? (to take a screenshot hold down left and right volume buttons and there will be a shutter sound. The screenshot should appear in your pictures folder).
    Mami56 and David in Durham like this.
    12-20-12 05:45 AM
    Thanks, I'll try and do as you suggest. How will I get this screenshot inserted into a reply?
    12-20-12 06:24 AM
    I guess you are talking about the default icon for google in PB browser. It is just the icon chosed by browser for google. fixed.
    12-20-12 07:44 AM
    If you use the crackberry app then just hit reply and there will be a camera icon. tap on it, choose gallery and navigate to your screenshot.
    If you do it over the web then in the reply box on the top there are various icons. One of the them (bottom row, fifth from the right) is a picture icon and if you hover you cursor on it it will say insert image. click on it, tap on select file and navigate to the screenshot (given that you transferred your screenshot from the PB to your PC).
    Last edited by dave_h_946; 12-20-12 at 08:36 AM.
    reschp likes this.
    12-20-12 07:44 AM
    Because google it's getting older
    As older as wise
    12-20-12 09:28 AM
    This is a sample I just grabbed from the Internet:
    Browsers/Bookmarks-300255.image2.jpg

Why the default icon for Google and not their logo like all of the others?
    12-20-12 03:44 PM
    My IMDB, Weather Network, Electronic Library Service and Google.com bookmarks are all the same way. But my Google.ca bookmarks always shows the current google page (including the doodle).

If you want to resave it, open Google, pinch and zoom on the logo, then save it. You now have a new zoomed icon. I guess it depends on how often Google.com changes the their coding and causes the icon to change.
    12-20-12 04:47 PM
    Personally I ditched all the default bookmarks and exported my xmarks bookmarks to an html file, transferred that file to my playbook, opened the html file then saved that file as my start page. Now when I start the browser, I have all my hundreds of bookmarks ready to go.

Mike
    12-21-12 04:21 PM
    Same issue except several of the Bookmarks were greyed out. Not all but some. They would appear for a while after I opened the link but once I shut off the Playbook, or when the browser crashed (frequently), they would revert back to grey.

After reading this thread I took another look around. I believe it has to do with Private Browsing settings. If you have the Private Browsing setting on then any new Bookmark will only show the icon temporarily.

You can tell if you have Private Browsing on if you see a grey mask in the top right corner in the browser (it looks like an old style replaceable razor blade to me). When that's on then any new Bookmarks you were adding weren't keeping the icon.

If you change the setting, save your icons, then change back to Private Browsing the icons will still stay saved.

From the Browser screen sweep down, choose settings, choose Privacy & Security, then turn Private Browsing off. Go back to Browser, open link in Bookmarks. Close the website, exit out of the Browser and then go back to it. The icon should still be there. If you're adding a new one then just open the website, re-size it if you like, save it to Bookmarks.

Note that if you go back to Private Browsing and later try and re-size an icon it will just go back to its previous view. Same for any site update e.g. my google page was saved on the 23 rd and I am now back to Private Browsing. It opens the Christmas scene page google has today for the 24 th, shows that while I keep the browser open, but reverts to the 23 rd's one when I exit the browser.

If Private Browsing is kept off then all you sites visited will be kept in History for whatever number of days was selected. That is found right above the turn Private Browsing on or off area.

To view History sweep down while in Browser and select the thing that kinda looks like a clock. It's between the address bar and the gold star.
    12-23-12 11:32 PM