I cannot use 'bridge browser' at all. But I can use regular browser at very decent speed when bridged. BB is on BES 3g.
    I am confused how this even works. But apart from that I don't understand how the speed on my pb is faster or how it renders website faster on the pb than on the bb.
    Lastly I am sure its not tethered so will there be additional charges, not that I'll ever know
    Its all good but confusing how I can't use bridge browser but can use playbook browser. Does anyone know?
    10-03-11 07:42 PM
    As far as I know this all happened with the last set of updates, more so the bridge update. Prior to that the regular browser didn't work on bridge, you had to be on wifi or tether. Since the update, the regular browser works great on bridge, leaving not much use for tethering if you have a BB.

Since I came back to BB and the PB I have experimented with bridge vs tether and regular browser vs bridge browser. Tethering is faster according to speedtest.net, but by a very small margin. And the regular browser is still better than the bridge browser. So I just use the regular browser bridged to my 9900 and leave it at that.
    10-03-11 07:52 PM
    Bridge browser goes through your employer's servers. It is useful for the purpose of accessing your employer's internal network, which is firewalled and can't be accessed from the outside. However the level of internet access is also governed by your employer. If your employer bans you from accessing the facebook website at the office, it will also ban you from accessing the facebook website on your bridge browser.
    10-03-11 08:24 PM
    i use BB9780 os 6 (on BES enviroment)
    PB 64GB os 1.0.8.6067

for some reason when bridged to the BB9780, bridge browser didn't open Any page....while browser worked fast with every site......
    20 minutes with twitter, watched 3 320 youtube videos (3:32 minutes each), i checked my MB and i had 80MB less.......!!!!!!!

i wondered where the is my compression????

after reading, i realized that browser was tether, and bridge is the compressed data

many others complained too in this forum about bridge browser with BES environment, so i did the following..

got out of BES and the bridged browser started working a little slower than original browser.....i thought that;s because it's doing compress in data....so i did again the same browsing:
    20 minutes with twitter, watched 3 320 youtube videos (3:32 minutes each), i checked my MB and this time i had 20MB less.......!!!!!!!

so from my experience, i will never use browser again when bridged because it tethers and not compress data like bridge browser...
    ok i will loose a little speed but it;s ok.....
    12-29-11 04:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD