each time I open a new tab in browser, when I go back to the original tab I was in, the page was not saved/cached and is reloaded.

How come this behaviour, this basically mean we cannot load many pages and go offline and still have these tabs to navigate to.

that's a bug according to me as no browser on desktops act like this.
    Last edited by pgerhard; 01-16-12 at 07:23 AM.
    01-16-12 07:15 AM
    Not as frequent as you state, but equally poor functions and annoying.

Sometimes, the address bar becomes empty and the window is blank.
    Often, the refresh does not work, and the dropbox just hangs there.

The work-around for the latter is to use the history function. I read somewhere of some adjustment for the refresh; just cannot remember where. Currently, I just live with it or use Dolphin when I cannot.
    01-16-12 08:14 AM
    each time I open a new tab in browser, when I go back to the original tab I was in, the page was not saved/cached and is reloaded.

How come this behaviour, this basically mean we cannot load many pages and go offline and still have these tabs to navigate to.

that's a bug according to me as no browser on desktops act like this.
    I don't get refreshed when switching between tabs. I do when using the back button.
    Going to try going without java for a while.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 01-16-12 at 10:45 AM.
    01-16-12 08:48 AM
    I _THINK_ if you turn off javascript the tabs will not refresh. It may be site dependent.

But you are right - it is a most irritating behavior.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-16-12 10:08 AM
    I have Javascript enabled on my Torch 9800 and browser tabs do not refresh - one of the great features for me as it means i can read offline.

i find this highly irritating on the playbook.
    01-16-12 10:34 AM
    Hmmm, my PB seems to keep the page I was sitting on, it does not need to reload. No one who posted in this thread has their OS listed, wonder if that's the problem...
    01-16-12 11:20 AM
    Hmmm, my PB seems to keep the page I was sitting on, it does not need to reload. No one who posted in this thread has their OS listed, wonder if that's the problem...
    It seems to happen after a period of time. Maybe a minute or so. Switching back and forth within seconds doesn't reload.
    I have tried on OS 1 & 2
    01-16-12 11:29 AM
    OS 2 does this way more than OS1. I dont know if its RAM related, since OS2 uses more RAM. However, if you are seeing this EVERYTIME, you either have a lot of tabs open at once, or a handful of Apps open too.

Let me guess, you are running the developers beta?
    01-16-12 11:48 AM
    I have Javascript enabled on my Torch 9800 and browser tabs do not refresh - one of the great features for me as it means i can read offline.

i find this highly irritating on the playbook.
    I, too, find it irritating as I stated. But the Torch is a different device and entirely different OS and RIM may have messed up. Again, I THINK that playing with the javascript settings on the PLAYBOOK MAY help.
    01-16-12 12:02 PM
    yes im on developer betta and for me it reloads each time even woth only two tabs...

hope they place this in 'list of things to improve'
    01-16-12 12:13 PM
    anyway we still have the best browsing experience
    01-16-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD