I use the Playbook to play internet stations through my stereo system - works well. However, tonight I wanted to listen and watch to some youtube videos without going through the big stereo and I disconnect the cables to the stereo. There was no sound. I checked some internet stations and again there was no sound. I checked the main sound system, the sliders were at their max. There does not seem to be a sound control in the browser.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the sound back?

johnreid
    06-03-12 10:20 PM
    Try to power off...... wait 2 minutes and power back on. If that doesn't work do the three finger re-boot.... power, (volume +and-) at the same time ..... if you hear a clicking sound, you just took a screen shot.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 06-03-12 at 10:48 PM.
    06-03-12 10:43 PM
    Try inserting and removing the audio cable from the headphone jack, several times if necessary. Your PB probably just thinks that you've still got headphones plugged in and is muting the speakers.
    06-04-12 12:23 AM
    After fooling around some more, I think I have found the answer. When you plug in the headphones or the sound out (through the headphone jack), the Playbook automatically mutes your normal sound system through the speakers to push the sound through the headphone jack. When you pull the plug from the headphone jack, the mute system for the normal speakers is still on.

To get your sound back, go to the music and hit on a recording. On the bottom left, you will see the sound icon, in red, with a stroke through it - the mute icon. Move the sound slider to the right, and presto!!!!, you will hear music through your speakers.

When you understand the system, it is all quite logical; but it would be nice for the system to revert back to normal (i.e., un mute the sound system) when the headphone jack is removed.

johnreid
    06-04-12 07:59 PM
    but it would be nice for the system to revert back to normal (i.e., un mute the sound system) when the headphone jack is removed.

johnreid
    It does, or at least it should (it does on my PB).
    06-04-12 09:46 PM
    It does, or at least it should (it does on my PB).
    Same here. I use headphones every night, and the PB speakers during the day. Never had any problem what the OP had/has.
    06-05-12 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD