So basically, when I switch from one tab to another (playbook browser), when I try to go back, it refreshes and loads the page all over again..this can be especially irritating when using a website for playing music like youtube, 9jacast, etc Anyone else getting this? Is there a fix?
    08-11-11 02:35 AM
    i think theres another thread on this already.

my personal experience is different though. when i tab aWAY from a youtube page, the video pauses and continues when i tab back to the youtube page
    08-11-11 03:51 AM
    I also do not like the REFRESH when returning to a previous page. First, it throws the order of things off if there were changes and it also slows things as it is now refreshing the page rather than just showing what had been there. If I want to see what's changed since I left I CAN REFRESH myself - it should not happen automatically. It happens on Crackberry when reading threads.
    08-11-11 08:54 AM
    any fix to this? i have same problem its annoying
    11-20-11 05:40 PM
    I also do not like the REFRESH when returning to a previous page. First, it throws the order of things off if there were changes and it also slows things as it is now refreshing the page rather than just showing what had been there. If I want to see what's changed since I left I CAN REFRESH myself - it should not happen automatically. It happens on Crackberry when reading threads.
    Hope this gets fixed/ addressed in an upcoming update.
    11-20-11 06:10 PM
    I thought the YouTube pauses had been addressed in an earlier update yet the problem returns with the latest release? I have just confirmed the behaviour as I read this thread. But the other websites in the other tabs are not refreshing unlike others have stated in this thread. Knowing what I do today I wish I could turn back the clock to the early 1980s.
    11-20-11 06:22 PM
    it happens to the tab u switch to, not all tabs, happens to yahoo, i havent tried youtube
    11-20-11 06:38 PM
    So basically, when I switch from one tab to another (playbook browser), when I try to go back, it refreshes and loads the page all over again..this can be especially irritating when using a website for playing music like youtube, 9jacast, etc Anyone else getting this? Is there a fix?
    Sorry about this mate... I hope someone's able to help you. Never experienced it.
    Last edited by bounce007; 11-20-11 at 06:56 PM.
    11-20-11 06:54 PM
    I suggested in another newer thread that turning off javascript appears to fix it for Crackberry but it may be limited to ONE tab. Oh, I may have done it with multiple tabs on Crack. Open one tab and then open tabs for a bunch of separate threads and go back to 1st tab and I think it does NOT refresh.

It is awful behavior since it should not do things people do not want automatically.
    11-20-11 08:52 PM
    I suggested in another newer thread that turning off javascript appears to fix it for Crackberry but it may be limited to ONE tab. Oh, I may have done it with multiple tabs on Crack. Open one tab and then open tabs for a bunch of separate threads and go back to 1st tab and I think it does NOT refresh.

It is awful behavior since it should not do things people do not want automatically.
    seem to make page loading a lot slower though and sites like hotmail stopped working
    Last edited by Silverfern; 11-20-11 at 10:18 PM.
    11-20-11 10:10 PM
    I'm not sure of other sites, but Crackberry loads much FASTER with java OFF and it does NOT refresh.
    11-20-11 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD