I'm starting to wonder if there are antenna issues on the playbook - hard to determine what the update rate of the meter is for testing this....so while it may look like full strength at the sample time, perhaps it is varying depending on these parameters....

It seems it is sensitive to orientation in relation to the hotspot antennas and how it is held - where your hands are placed, I suggested this in another thread an nobody picked up on it.

Probably unrelated, but its a thought...regardless I'd like to see some testing on this. Anyone out there with some equipment/knowledge of this?

06-30-11 09:50 PM
    I'm starting to wonder if there are antenna issues on the playbook - hard to determine what the update rate of the meter is for testing this....so while it may look like full strength at the sample time, perhaps it is varying depending on these parameters....

It seems it is sensitive to orientation in relation to the hotspot antennas and how it is held - where your hands are placed, maybe where your body is placed...I suggested this in another thread an nobody picked up on it.

Probably unrelated, but its a thought...regardless I'd like to see some testing on this. Anyone out there with some equipment/knowledge of this?

06-30-11 09:51 PM
    our PB has problem with older router.
    06-30-11 09:59 PM
    slower browsing here too. RIM broke the browser in the latest update. it is very noticeable in the web facebook. videos and pics take forever to load.

we should write an open letter to RIM. that seems to be the only way to get them to respond. haha
    Last edited by cooliosam; 07-01-11 at 11:33 PM.
    07-01-11 11:29 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD