It's listed as improved in this update, but after I turned javascript and flash back on which I usually keep off because the PB browser runs slowly with them enabled, it appears to run just as slow as it already was before this latest update.
    02-13-13 10:33 PM
    Well that could either be true or your perspective is different because you were not using the browser with flash or jsva. My browser speed jumped dramatically and I keep java and flash on. Maybe you're realizing the playbook OS limitations?
    02-14-13 07:54 AM
    Well that could either be true or your perspective is different because you were not using the browser with flash or jsva. My browser speed jumped dramatically and I keep java and flash on. Maybe you're realizing the playbook OS limitations?
    I figured it went without saying that I've also used it with those turned on before the update. You have no choice on many websites.
    02-14-13 10:19 AM
    Seems quicker to me. It'll be nice to get the html5 browser.
    02-14-13 10:21 AM
    Seems quicker to me. It'll be nice to get the html5 browser.
    A number of Z10 users report that the BB10 browser is still slow with JavaScript, as have some comparisons on the web.
    02-14-13 10:29 AM
    A number of Z10 users report that the BB10 browser is still slow with JavaScript, as have some comparisons on the web.
    And others say it's the fastest browser out there.
    02-14-13 10:31 AM
    It's listed as improved in this update, but after I turned javascript and flash back on which I usually keep off because the PB browser runs slowly with them enabled, it appears to run just as slow as it already was before this latest update.
    Did they say that the performance had been improved, or just that improvements were made to the browser? Maybe the enhancements in this update do not have much of an effect on performance(?)
    FF22 likes this.
    02-14-13 11:23 AM
    I wonder what changes were made. I still can't stream from this site:
    FOX News Talk

It works fine from my 9900 so it can't be a flash issue.
    02-14-13 12:35 PM
    And others say it's the fastest browser out there.
    They are saying that, but I've also seen the video reviews katesbb mentioned, and the caveat is that the z10 browser did slow down on heavy websites compared to how Android Chrome and iPhone Safari handled them. Which is precisely why I paid absolutely zero attention to all of the html 5 scores people kept posting excitedly about here. They mean squat for real-world use. Unless all you plan on doing is browsing html 5 score pages of course...
    FF22 likes this.
    02-15-13 12:58 AM