Over WiFi

Browser loads one third

Pauses for 5 to 30 secondd

Then continues.

Any ideas?
    01-07-12 06:41 AM
    All sites or a particular one? Maybe it is just loading?
    Doesn't sound like anything is wrong.
    01-07-12 07:03 AM
    Over WiFi

Browser loads one third

Pauses for 5 to 30 secondd

Then continues.

Any ideas?
    This might be due to your own wifi network (speed). Also the type of website you visit makes a lot of difference, like flash intensive pages (as CB) will cause the browser to pause and then continue.

Try to clear the cache/cookies every now and then from your browser options, this will help a lot.
    Also there is a free app called "Simple Browser" that tends to work a bit faster for a lot of sites that the native PB browser seems to be slower on. Try that.
    mug5384 likes this.
    01-07-12 07:28 AM
    search the forum for playbook wifi issues and you will see a host of different metods of quick fixes that have worked for users experiencing your issue. that is the short term answer.

the "long" term answer would be to wait for the release of OS2 next month
    01-07-12 07:30 AM
    Sites using javascript (such as Crackberry) heavy pages also can stall or take time loading.
    01-07-12 10:39 AM
    think it's quite common, i've had this prob and tried a number of fixes, the one that has worked is the wireless router settings changed to exclude n. not exactly sure why it is, but it's worked for now. There are other threads on here describing things to try.
    01-07-12 01:26 PM
    just cleared cache - huge improvement - thanks again anindoc
    01-07-12 04:22 PM
    Shoot, mine often doesn't continue - a problem for me when using handmade launchers following the manual. I just restart. Seems to me that it helps to hold the icon as long as possible (without falling into edit mode) and then releasing, not just a quick tap. When mine hangs, there is no address in the address bar, indicating that this address has not been communicated to this Browser instance.

QNX tries to be very careful not to put anything nefarious in this address bar that might cause trouble or damage the OS.

I have asked RIM to investigate if my observation are true.

Duh, here is a ray of light: suppose you have 6 or 10 launchers you have made (as opposed to bookmarks). Suppose further that you have gotten tone with one of them. Don't x out or dismiss this Browser instance. Find another launcher and just tap - blinding speed for me !

Doc Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-07-12 at 06:02 PM. Reason: better info, terminology
    01-07-12 05:59 PM
    Mine has a similar problem with my 100mb Internet connection at home yet when I'm out and use my iPhone wifi hotspot which runs about 6mb max doesn't do it. I personally put it down to the fact virgins super hub is a crap router ( well documented I may add )
    01-07-12 06:19 PM
    setting my router from bgn to just bg worked after nothing else worked. what a huge difference. lame that i have to limit the rest of the gear in the house but its the only way to not want to throw the pb at the wall. doesnt help when you have an ipad that just works.
    01-07-12 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD