I have noticed that while on wi-fi at home when I am surfing sites, my browser will load about half way and then stop. Either I have to go view another browser tab and then come back and it will more often than not be loaded just fine(but only when I do that step), or else I have to close all tabs out and then reopen the page again altogether. Is this odd or is this common for all PB's? Is there a trick or a way to keep it from happening so much? Like I said I can jimmy around it to make it work eventually, but it's kind of a drag after a while. Sometimes it will refuse to load a page at all which I have happen most often when I am cruising around facebook.
    11-02-11 05:16 PM
    This has come up in various threads lately - no fixes or explanations that I've seen. I've been noticing the same issue on my PB, both on Wifi and bridge; but the problem seems to have started just in the last couple weeks.

I find turning the wifi (or bluetooth for bridge) off and then on again usually fixes the issuue temporarily.
    11-02-11 05:49 PM
    Yes, I have the same problem. I pretty much do the same thing you do; close the browser and re-open it. I, too, have the 16 gb. I don't use facebook, so I can't specifically respond to that part, but the lagging is there quite often. As you said, it can be frustrating, but I guess I'm more frustrated with the fact that the keyboard keeps appearing and disappearing while I'm typing, and the bridge function will cut out for no apparent reason (even when my BB is sitting right next to it). Does anyone else have those issues as well? I guess it's just something I'm getting used to until we get updates?
    11-02-11 05:55 PM
    Well, I guess am am glad I am not alone then
    11-02-11 05:57 PM
    I have the same thing here and can't find what caused it.
    If i wait a littlw while, the "2nd half" will load too. I agree that it is disturbing and thnik that it have to do with buffering something.
    I hope, just like you, somebody offer a solution.
    11-02-11 05:58 PM
    I have noticed that while on wi-fi at home when I am surfing sites, my browser will load about half way and then stop. Either I have to go view another browser tab and then come back and it will more often than not be loaded just fine(but only when I do that step), or else I have to close all tabs out and then reopen the page again altogether. Is this odd or is this common for all PB's? Is there a trick or a way to keep it from happening so much? Like I said I can jimmy around it to make it work eventually, but it's kind of a drag after a while. Sometimes it will refuse to load a page at all which I have happen most often when I am cruising around facebook.
    May you please tell us if you're using
    - the bridge browser or the standard browser
    - Standard OS (1.0.7) or beta OS (2.0.xxxx)
    - Tethering and/or bridge enabled PB

Without this we can't help ...
    11-02-11 05:58 PM
    I' m not sure anout anyone else, but I use the standard browser when I'm using Wifi which is all of the time at home. At work I use the bridge browser; I do not tether. I'm on the standard OS. Even with the bits of frustration here, I still love my PB!!
    11-02-11 06:32 PM
    I use the standard browser at all times (never tried the bridge browser) I'm using the regular OS 1.7.etc and the issue occurs over bridge and wifi.
    11-02-11 06:35 PM
    Yes, I have the same problem. I pretty much do the same thing you do; close the browser and re-open it. I, too, have the 16 gb. I don't use facebook, so I can't specifically respond to that part, but the lagging is there quite often. As you said, it can be frustrating, but I guess I'm more frustrated with the fact that the keyboard keeps appearing and disappearing while I'm typing, and the bridge function will cut out for no apparent reason (even when my BB is sitting right next to it). Does anyone else have those issues as well? I guess it's just something I'm getting used to until we get updates?
    i too disable bridge, restart browser and works. on rare occassions i,ll restart PB.
    11-02-11 06:39 PM
    The crackberry site was stopping halfway a lot since the last OS update- I turned off java, flash, images browsed a bit, closed the browser came back, browsed a bit then re-enable them.. It seemed to fix it. Maybe I just got lucky.
    11-02-11 06:45 PM

My apologies there, I am using the standard browser on the latest official OS, not the version 2 beta OS. On bridge it seems to be similar as well, but I don't use that anywhere near as often as I do the regualr browser on wifi at my home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 07:25 PM
    I'm on the 1.7 OS and use bridge all most always cause at home I still use my laptop so I'm not sure about wifi. I always use the regular browser.

Mine has been doing this also and it's starting to drive me nuts. Today I turned bridge off and went to tethering. It was much better using tether then it has been using bridge. Still some pauses but not near as many or as often.
    11-02-11 07:30 PM
    I am using the current OS only on Wifi and it does this all the time. Very annoying. Especially when I am racing someone's Ipad.
    11-02-11 08:02 PM
    I did email Mr. Saunders (maybe the wrong guy?) to ask about us owners getting an update that fixes browser issues and some functionality like spell check. Probably will fall on deaf ears but will see.
    lovin2act likes this.
    11-02-11 08:07 PM
    My browser experience is like elphie28's experience on my 1 month old 16G PB on standard browser and on wi-fi I'm also not not Facebook.
    The thing that pisses me most now is that disappearing keyboard thing ( it disappears after you type in one letter or digit and you have to hit the keyboard icon at bottom left to bring it up again...real frustrating and I noticed this is getting worse over last 2 weeks.
    stoneyzz likes this.
    11-02-11 08:17 PM
    My browser experience is like elphie28's experience on my 1 month old 16G PB on standard browser and on wi-fi I'm also not not Facebook.
    The thing that pisses me most now is that disappearing keyboard thing ( it disappears after you type in one letter or digit and you have to hit the keyboard icon at bottom left to bring it up again...real frustrating and I noticed this is getting worse over last 2 weeks.
    The keyboard seems to work fine if you either wait for the page to finish loading or hit the x in the address bar to stop it from loading more if more is not needed for your input.
    11-02-11 08:19 PM
    It look like the browser buffer the graphics of the main page first and displays it all in ones. It could explain, more or less, the delay.
    it seems to have to do with the loading algorithm.

just thinking...
    11-02-11 08:34 PM
    It look like the browser buffer the graphics of the main page first and displays it all in ones. It could explain, more or less, the delay.
    it seems to have to do with the loading algorithm.

just thinking...
    I hope RIM is thinking and doing also!
    11-02-11 08:51 PM
    Like I said - try it with javascript, load images, and flash turned off and determine which it is hanging up on.

After I attempted to determine this - I noticed it mysteriously fixed itself. I know it doesn't make much technical sense, maybe won't fix it, but worth a try - if it does please let us know. At worst, maybe you can do without one of the above (i-Fad does) to speed up your browsing.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 11-02-11 at 09:33 PM.
    11-02-11 09:30 PM

standard browser and bridge

It doesn't always happen except with crackberry.com.......far more often
    I am usually on wifi on standard browser.
    11-02-11 09:39 PM
    Same problem. Thats the only complaint I have about the PB Other than that its great
    11-03-11 06:09 AM
    Gmail locked up my PB solid this morning, had to do a hard-restart.
    11-03-11 09:13 AM
    I've had the playbook since day one and have always had this problem.

Certain sites... Crackberry and the New York Times in particular... always have problems where the page takes forever or never loads all the way.

the usual pattern is:

page doesn't load
    i hit stop and refresh, and it doesn't load
    i hit stop and refresh, and i get a text version of the page
    i hit stop and refresh, and i get the page

it seems like it's pages with dynamic content and advertising that cause the problems.

i also have a problem that certain sites (venturebeat) cause the browser to crash when:

i am on a page of the site.
    i open a link in a new tab.
    i close the new tab.
    browser crashes

i am on the stock os, this occurs on wifi and on bridge, using the standard browser.
    11-03-11 10:00 AM
    I've had the playbook since day one and have always had this problem.

Certain sites... Crackberry and the New York Times in particular... always have problems where the page takes forever or never loads all the way.

the usual pattern is:

page doesn't load
    i hit stop and refresh, and it doesn't load
    i hit stop and refresh, and i get a text version of the page
    i hit stop and refresh, and i get the page

it seems like it's pages with dynamic content and advertising that cause the problems.

i also have a problem that certain sites (venturebeat) cause the browser to crash when:

i am on a page of the site.
    i open a link in a new tab.
    i close the new tab.
    browser crashes

i am on the stock os, this occurs on wifi and on bridge, using the standard browser.
    Mine seems to go back and forth with it. It does seem worse and more often now. One time it will hang at less then half way but will usually finish if I wait long enough. The next time it will hang at about 7/8ths. This is mainly over bridge though it does happen sometimes over wifi.
    11-03-11 10:14 AM
    clearing the cache or clear all seems to improve browser a bit, but its slow nonetheless. on mobile pages, my nokia N950 on meego loads a lot faster than the playbook.
    11-03-11 10:55 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD