whenever i select Browser i get the above error. There might be a setting i am missing for the Browser because i am connected to WIFI on my home network.

under Favourites the expected pages are there and searching the web is no problem. other sites such as Yahoo can be connected to.

Browser should send me to my home page.

Have latest updates, and definately connected through WIFI.

Sugestions appreciated.
    05-25-11 08:02 AM
    Have you tried restarting your PlayBook? Also, it might just be the page you are going to. Might be down...could have nothing to do with your PB.
    05-25-11 08:31 AM
    You probably have your browser set up to go to the last page you visited or set as the homepage and typed in the wrong website name so it keeps going to that webpage is wrong
    05-25-11 08:38 AM
    That seems like a DNS error. Got to your settings, then wifi, then click on the Wifi icon with the question mark on it. Then use the drop down box and select Internet connection. You'll see your DNS settings. Make sure that you have stuff there and they are valid.
    05-25-11 08:41 AM
    I have the 16GB playbook. OS 1.0.3.1868.

I had no problems until this morning. I connected to the wi-fi network at work and the browser gave me the 'couldn't resolve host name' error. I restarted and still had the same problem. All my DNS settings seemed to be in order.

So I tethered to my Torch to see if it was my playbook or if it was something with the network itself. When tethered to my Torch, I had no problems accessing the internet through the main browser on the playbook.

Any thoughts?
    05-31-11 12:42 PM
    I suggest that you ask your IT support at work.
    05-31-11 12:46 PM
    That seems like a DNS error. Got to your settings, then wifi, then click on the Wifi icon with the question mark on it. Then use the drop down box and select Internet connection. You'll see your DNS settings. Make sure that you have stuff there and they are valid.
    Thanks lnichols, it certainly was the DNS settings in my case. I was connected to the network but the browser just wouldn't open a webpage, kept receiving the the error "couldn't resolve the host name". Did as you said and the playbook wasn't picking up the DNS network settings. Manually inputted the network settings and I'm back up and running!
    10-18-11 01:40 PM
    make sure the IP address of your blackberry is not the same as the IP address of any other computer or device on your network
    10-15-13 03:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD