these are my. current issues. the stock browser is crashing every couple of hours, and the whole pb seems to be slowing down. any ideas?
    I clear the cache etc regularly, usually daily. it is not a single site, or only when multiple tabs are open. I tend to run no more than 3 apps at any one time,and use other devices that are more capable in that regard.
    I've not installed anything recently, and have about 20gb free on a 64gb pb.
    I'm not interested in using the various android browsers as they tend to be even slower than the stock effort, although they do seem more stable (whodathunkit?!)
    any suggestions other than a security wipe( I hate to think how long it'll take to resend all that data to this via wifi!), and I have restarted the pb a number of times including a full power down.
    thank
    06-22-13 04:29 PM
    oh yeah, as it has now, the browser often crashes and locks itself until the pb is rebooted (ie remains greyed out). this usually is followed by locking up the whole system. probably in 5, 4, 3, 2
    06-22-13 04:34 PM
    It sounds like it might benefit from a wipe but, I agree, it is tedious backing up and restoring all of the data and the various apps.

Let's see if someone else has any suggestions.
    kboya likes this.
    06-22-13 07:54 PM
    yeah, let's. thanks to all
    06-23-13 04:54 PM
    06-23-13 05:19 PM
    thanks, but I'm not interested in 3rd party browsers as they are all android ports (afaik), and work far better on my android devices.
    looks like a security wipe, then. how tedious. I'm also somewhat disappointed with the pb yet again. there is no reason for this to occur other than poor software/optimisation. I expected stuff like this when I used the 2.1 beta, and performed a full security wipe when it went official release. for a device that is used as a media player and light browser, mainly because it doesn't perform very well with the majority of sites (and I appreciate not all sites play nice), there is little excuse for the performance becoming steadily poorer and/or essentially inoperative while performing these simple tasks.
    This doesn't fill me with much hope for BB10 on the PB, I have a sneaking suspicion that we've already experienced the best the performance can be.
    06-24-13 05:01 AM
    thanks, but I'm not interested in 3rd party browsers as they are all android ports (afaik), and work far better on my android devices.
    Check the links, not android ports.
    kboya likes this.
    06-24-13 08:30 AM
    Restart and power down is different than hard reset:
    Resuscitate Your BlackBerry PlayBook - For Dummies
    The hard reset will reset hardware but not delete any info. Restart and power down are just reboots. Have you noticed if crashing is more frequent with Java/Flash on? I had a bout with native browser crashing this weekend. Fast browser did not. Blackman91 is right, Fast and Origami are not android ports.
    kboya likes this.
    06-24-13 09:27 AM
    I don't recall the issues, if any, of going from the 2.1 beta to the real offering. But did you do a Debrick or merely a security wipe? I wonder if the full-Debrick was the recommended method of wiping out the entire beta remnants?
    06-24-13 09:55 AM
    Try the Fast Browser, by far the best browser for the pb.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-24-13 10:01 AM
    I apologise, I assumed these were ports like all the others. I've dld origami, but have to get to a pc to do the install nonsense. however, reading the threads, I'm still a little uncertain as they appear to be variations on the stock browser. if the native sdk is lacking, as claimed therein, then anything based upon the existing browser is likely to share the core issues. but hey, let's have a look.

I always have flash on (if I'm going to disable things, then it becomes a pointless exercise of not doing what the item is supposed to--remember the pb ad? flash). javascript too.

no debrick. the security wipe going from beta was more to avoid potential problems. I had none with beta, that why I'm disappointed they occur in official.

re hard reset, I've done all types of reset (including what was erroneously named the 3 finger salute). no difference.

anyhoo, thanks for your inputs
    06-24-13 03:22 PM
    Pb Browser= ie on pc
    06-24-13 11:54 PM