Has anyone else often get browser crashing on them frequently, especially opening sites with a lot of flash, like vbulletin forums sites?
    This happens to me A LOT, and not only on playbook, but also on my 9900.
    Is there any way to contact Kevin to write a blog entry about this, or how to avoid crashing the browser, aside from avoiding high flash content forums?
    This is certainly a bug that needs to be fixed, but haven't heard too many people raising issue with this problem, so maybe no one is looking into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-11 04:49 PM
    I have seen a few of these threads the past couple days. Have a look around.

11-07-11 04:52 PM
    Since I bought my playbook, on and off my browser would crash on me. Initially I was keeping track of any new app that I would install and if browser would start crashing after installation of an app, I would uninstall the app. Ugly eh... what good is your system if you can't use an app for it causes the browser to crash?....browser which is the bread and butter of any modern day computing device.

Then I installed OS2 without backup. it caused crashing of browser and android app player so frequently that I gave up...and longed for 1.7 (less browser crashing) OS....how pathetic!!!!!

There was only one way to down grade....debricking. I debricked my device as mentioned in these forums to downgrade to 1.7.... then installed all my apps from my world in app world and since then.... fingers crossed..... this has turned into one fine stable machine.

I sometimes have 10 tabs simultaneously opened from crackberry and other websites and this thing keeps working....flash heavy...script heavy....image heavy.....no problems whatsoever. Besides music is playing in the back ground as well bridge connectivity to my torch 9800.

This is just my experience. I thought to share it. Reminds me of early windows days.... when solution to every problem was fresh installation of os.
    11-07-11 07:50 PM
    i found the full facebook instead of the app was crashing my browser non stop.since i started using the app for fb its seems stable again.five tabs,streaming radio and fb app
    11-08-11 04:55 AM
    It crashed on me several times. Today while I was using the native browser on my Torch 9860, it froze and closed by itself. And when I reopen browser it asks me if I want to reopen closed tabs. It's so frustrating.
    11-08-11 07:15 AM
    As there might be something common in the phone and playbook browsers making them crash it is not flash, the phones do not have flash. I think it's something it isn't doing right with java script.
    11-08-11 07:46 AM
    As there might be something common in the phone and playbook browsers making them crash it is not flash, the phones do not have flash. I think it's something it isn't doing right with java script.
    I'll bet this is more likely a wifi/bridge issue ...
    Javascript errors/hangs won't resume, while most "crashes" of PB browser will often resume in a minute. so that we might call them "hangs" and not "crashes" ...
    11-08-11 07:50 AM
    I'll bet this is more likely a wifi/bridge issue ...
    Javascript errors/hangs won't resume, while most "crashes" of PB browser will often resume in a minute. so that we might call them "hangs" and not "crashes" ...
    I don't know what you all are calling a crash but I'm calling a crash where it disappears and closes. Not a hang where it eventually continues.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-08-11 07:54 AM
    I don't know what you all are calling a crash but I'm calling a crash where it disappears and closes. Not a hang where it eventually continues.
    Sorry, my bad ... (english)
    11-08-11 07:58 AM
    Sorry, my bad ... (english)
    No problem and you do fine. I think some people are calling a hang/pause a crash which isn't the same.

We need more terminology right? LOL
    11-08-11 08:02 AM
    surprised my playbook browser has been crashing on me more often lately...
    11-08-11 08:18 AM
    Double post.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 11-08-11 at 08:34 AM.
    11-08-11 08:25 AM
    ever since this last os update, where they 'fixed' the flash my browser has been crashing more often.

and by crash i mean disappear, close by itself etc.
    11-08-11 08:28 AM
    The Browser can be relied on to crash quite regularly now. Yesterday, I'd say about 7 times. Original OS, android never installed.
    11-08-11 09:46 AM
    The Browser can be relied on to crash quite regularly now. Yesterday, I'd say about 7 times. Original OS, android never installed.
    What site/sites? How many open tabs? I get a crash sometimes but not sure what causes it. Most of the time I have crackberry and yahoo mobile mail open. So far today since 6am I have those 2 open and imo.im and no crash yet but can only assume it is a matter of time.
    11-08-11 09:52 AM
    Yesterday, I believe only one tab a few times - Crackberry.

I was also on IMDB and it crashed - only tab.

I guess what's upsetting is that I have at times become blase about it - "oh, its gone" (which it is - like a puff of smoke it's gone). Although sometimes I get angry because I was deep in a site or its links.
    11-08-11 10:41 AM
    Yesterday, I believe only one tab a few times - Crackberry.

I was also on IMDB and it crashed - only tab.

I guess what's upsetting is that I have at times become blase about it - "oh, its gone" (which it is - like a puff of smoke it's gone). Although sometimes I get angry because I was deep in a site or its links.
    Understandable. Seems someone should be able to get the bottom of it. No rhyme or reason. Happens a lot some days, not so much others.

Today so far so good doing most things on days when the disappearing trick would happen.
    11-08-11 10:58 AM
    This actually infuriates me, along with the constant hanging at 80% as well as tabs not having thumbnails (it randomly decides when to show them). Sometimes it will crash with one site open other times I have 3 tabs and a popup tab causes it to crash. I can duplicate this often with flash sites like divxden or w/e for tv streams. I really hope they figure this out.

11-08-11 11:17 AM
    This actually infuriates me, along with the constant hanging at 80% as well as tabs not having thumbnails (it randomly decides when to show them). Sometimes it will crash with one site open other times I have 3 tabs and a popup tab causes it to crash. I can duplicate this often with flash sites like divxden or w/e for tv streams. I really hope they figure this out.

I agree that the "generic" tabs are irritating. No idea what they represent - kind of like the generic bookmarks.
    11-08-11 11:23 AM
    I notice the browser hanging when a webpage is opening as well as lots of "a Network Error has occurred" messages.
    11-08-11 11:31 AM

Have you proven your theory by turning flash off and it never happens on those sites with flash off?
    11-08-11 12:11 PM
    Have you proven your theory by turning flash off and it never happens on those sites with flash off?
    The problem is those sites require flash in order to play the movie so I wouldn't be able to test it. But then again, the whole point of the Playbook browser is that I can view the web as if I was on my laptop so it shouldn't really be a crutch to say the least. I will try it without flash but I find I tend to turn it back on due to the sites I tend to visit requiring parts of it.
    11-08-11 11:41 PM
    the site that would make the browser crash on me is s2ki.com
    and i do mean crash, shut down. it doesnt matter if i open just that site or many other tabs, it will kill everything.
    sometimes other sites will crash it too.
    hope somebody can solve this
    11-09-11 12:08 AM
    it has been suggested to me.that i do a fresh os install.would this be a fix or a waste of time
    11-09-11 02:52 AM
    there's instances where "there's not enough graphic memory"..i just close few other opened apps (3-4 maximum) then things went back to normal. still on 3312.
    11-09-11 03:09 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD