I have always hated the checkerboard loading page in browsers maybe because it's so widely used. I picked up an android tablet the other day and something felt different and I realized that the pages never loaded checkerboard, instead giving me a blank white for part of the page that wasn't loaded yet. I know this is a very little thing but for some reason it actually made me feel better, and makes it feel almost as if the page loads quicker because you aren't fixated on the page waiting for the checkerboard to just get off the page.

I think the playbook should have something similar. Am I just being stupid or have others noticed this?
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    01-29-12 11:24 PM
    I'd have to go with Option 1. It's just a fixation on the checkerboarding... a placebo effect. Doesn't change the actual browsing experience.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-29-12 11:27 PM
    I'd have to go with Option 1. It's just a fixation on the checkerboarding... a placebo effect. Doesn't change the actual browsing experience.
    Yeah I agree its just in my head. At the same time I think I want a change from the norm. Lol
    01-29-12 11:29 PM
    how is that any different?
    01-29-12 11:31 PM
    Checkerboard annoys me too.
    01-29-12 11:37 PM
    I'm sure a nice houndstooth pattern would make it more palatable... Maybe a Coach graphic...

Here's an idea... Try not to think about it.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-29-12 11:39 PM
    nope cant say about android tablet as iv not tried it but on my phone i dont have checker boards and actually it loads faster and even on scrolling the playbook is slow as , and its the only gripe i have.
    example load a page and now scrool, top to botom and back and it still checkerboards. not on my phone, but i have SGSII if that matters :P
    01-30-12 12:50 AM
    I've noticed less checkerboarding (is that a word??) when in portrait mode.
    I've also noticed, the text won't wrap in portrait mode.

Rather have checkers... At least it's not a blue screen of death....
    01-30-12 01:05 AM
    I've noticed less checkerboarding (is that a word??) when in portrait mode.
    I've also noticed, the text won't wrap in portrait mode.

Rather have checkers... At least it's not a blue screen of death....
    I rarely use portrait mode but that's good to know!.. I guess your right! lol
    01-30-12 01:08 AM
    Hey KermEd, maybe this could be a new SecureBrowser feature - customizable load screen patterns.
    01-30-12 01:12 AM
    I would prefer no checkerboarding or white screen. My dream mobile browser has always been one that would act as snappy as my computer's browser. In my opinion the playbooks browser comes the closest. I have played with multiple android tablets including the transformer tab witch most consider to be the best android tablet out there. The only thing i liked about the browser was that it looked like chrome. I hate how it handles flash and the app is not even enough to make up for it. I watch tons if you tube videos on my playbook and love the fact i can see the official music videos in 720p hd and some even in 1080p. I have yet to find an android tablet that can stream a video without chopping all over the place. Android folks however are blessed with the market so they can still get a lot of hd streaming thru netflix and the hbo/max go apps.
    01-30-12 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD