I assumed everyone was having this issue, but maybe not? Before I upgraded to 2.0, when I used the bridge browser, it was so slow that it was unusable. It was hard to tell if it was actually loading pages or not because it would freeze in the middle of loading. I tried leaving the Playbook for ten minutes, but no progress happened.

After upgrading to 2.0...I have the same issue. Trying to browse with bridge is impossible. I can get a few pages to load (after 5 minutes), but it doesn't load the images for some reason. Am I the only one having this problem?

I haven't noticed any other bridge issues, but this one is really a problem because I would like to take the Playbook outside the house at times and I would like to use a web browser. Any suggestions?
    02-25-12 05:44 PM
    I don't really have your problem. Sometimes loading a page will be 'slow', I have the 9800.

It also depends on reception. When pages load slowly on my pb I'm getting less than 5 bars

In a couple of weeks I'm upgrading to the 9810. Bridged web browsing is supposed to be a little bit faster
    02-25-12 05:53 PM
    Huh. So far I've only tried it in five bar areas. Maybe it's because I have Sprint?

Maybe it's just bothering me that I can tether my BB to my laptop and have a perfectly usable internet connection that's not even as slow as dialup, but I can't get the Playbook to work with it.
    02-25-12 05:55 PM
    Okay, I read about the Tetherbridge app in another thread. Looks like my browser actually works now! Awesome.

Okay, so it's really draining my BB battery, but that's what the PB rapid charger is for.
    02-25-12 07:00 PM
    My bridge connection was about 350kbps when browsing.. always bridge 24/7 to my bold 9900.
    02-26-12 12:35 AM
    I tried speedtest.net. Here are the results:
    Wifi- Ping: 21 ms Download: 22.04 Mbps Upload: 5.08 Mbps
    Bridge- Ping: 472 ms Download: .24 Mbps Upload: .10 Mbps (speedtest actually loaded, umlike most sites)
    Tetherbridge app- Ping: 206 ms Download: .89 Mbps Upload: .19 Mbps (but sites load)
    02-27-12 09:05 AM
    When I'm Bridged to my PlayBook using my 9900's browser everything loads just fine...not as fast naturally as when I Bridge and my 9900 is connected to WiFi. The covenience of being able to Bridge when I'm out and no WiFi connection is available certainly is a plus and the slower speed loading is acceptable, at least for me. Just to have the ability to Bridge through my device's browser is a major benefit. I would suspect that your issue is related to signal strength and speed of service from your provider. I don't believe any of the providers are offering lightning fast service...just sayin.
    02-27-12 05:09 PM
    I have had no issues on 2.0 with my 9810. Not as fast as wifi of course but certainly acceptable.
    02-27-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD