Hay folks

I'm looking for the best app alternative
    I tried oragami

But is there a sideload alternative that i have not considered

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:04 PM
    Have you tried Evolution browser? It's pretty good in BBW. Or were you looking for an android one?
    shaleem likes this.
    09-15-14 03:16 PM
    I'm just looking for one that may work better
    I don't mean to complain but the native one is lacking in compatibility for many sites and the oragami one is ok but I was thinking a sideload could offer a newer update
    But I'll look at that one thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 03:30 PM
    But I'll look at that one thanks
    Don't bother. It's not for the Playbook.
    09-15-14 03:41 PM
    Thanks.
    Ya I know holding on to a dead thing but still I own it.

my wife has one too and the lack of use the browser offers is the final straw.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 04:06 PM
    Don't bother. It's not for the Playbook.
    Ah sorry, my bad. Didn't check which forum. OOPS
    09-15-14 04:10 PM
    No prob.
    Thanks anyhow. I'll wait see if anything pops up.
    It was a shot anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    09-15-14 04:20 PM
    Maxthon (Android app available in BBW).
    09-15-14 05:36 PM
    Not really to be honest. If you are looking at something with greater flash support, not going to happen. The Origami browser is honestly the best alternative. If you find that websites you visit don't work with Origami, you can try switching to different user agents and see if that helps. The default is to be on Nexus 7, but you can try and see if sites you want work better if you switch to iPad, or some other user agent. Yes, it does affect things, so try and see. Some sites simply don't work well with tablets, period. Android tablets and iPads have zero flash support, so if a site uses flash, the Playbook may surprisingly be better.
    09-17-14 05:44 AM
    Thank you
    I will put some more effort here into the browser and into the oragami
    I was just wondering if there was something else popular out there!

But this is about the best outcome I could hope

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 06:13 AM
    Not really to be honest. If you are looking at something with greater flash support, not going to happen. The Origami browser is honestly the best alternative. If you find that websites you visit don't work with Origami, you can try switching to different user agents and see if that helps. The default is to be on Nexus 7, but you can try and see if sites you want work better if you switch to iPad, or some other user agent. Yes, it does affect things, so try and see. Some sites simply don't work well with tablets, period. Android tablets and iPads have zero flash support, so if a site uses flash, the Playbook may surprisingly be better.
    Agreed with your points about Origami.

A clarification, though: there's no OFFICIAL support through Android, but you can still install Flash 11 on Android tablets (APK available on the Adobe site) and enable it in a third party browser like Dolphin.
    09-17-14 06:28 AM
    Chrome or Dolphin browser?
    09-17-14 06:28 AM
    Chrome or Dolphin browser?
    Sideloaded Chrome won't work on the PB. Dolphin will (older version available in BB World, newer version for sideload on Goodereader).
    09-17-14 07:55 AM
    I have tried most of the browsers offered in BBW and universally the best seemed to be Origami. Default user agent set to Nexus 7 and desktop set to Firefox. I have not tried all the other combos as these seem to work for every site I visit.
    09-17-14 07:56 PM
    Try securebrowser. it's free and I have never had a major problem with it and is very fast . Only thing I dont like is for bookmarks you have to do a password and enter it once when you go to ur bookmarks . I dont care for orgasmi or dolphin as these are ported from android devices and I hate the quirks and weird folders they have. Securebrowser is in bbworld and not ported from android it is made for playbook

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 08:22 PM
    Try securebrowser. it's free and I have never had a major problem with it and is very fast . Only thing I dont like is for bookmarks you have to do a password and enter it once when you go to ur bookmarks . I dont care for orgasmi or dolphin as these are ported from android devices and I hate the quirks and weird folders they have. Securebrowser is in bbworld and not ported from android it is made for playbook

Posted via CB10
    Origami is not a port; it is a native app.
    09-18-14 05:15 AM
    Origami is not a port; it is a native app.
    Agreed...Origami is indeed a native application. Part of the reason for its popularity (as it's not as clunky as some Android apps).
    09-18-14 03:23 PM
    Ok.
    I'll work with it more!
    I appreciate all the input! Thanks group!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 08:21 PM
    L
    Ok.
    I'll work with it more!
    I appreciate all the input! Thanks group!

Posted via CB10
    Good luck! If you're finding Origami is a bit slow, try backing up your bookmarks, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, then restoring your bookmarks. I did that yesterday and feel it helped out the speed considerably. Probably it was backed up with cache and clearing it would've sufficed, but just wanted to share that as a possible bandaid.
    09-19-14 09:10 AM
    Im always looking for an alternative browser because the major problem with the native its the lack of plug-ins, Im not asking for something hardcore as the likes of opera or firefox but at least an adblock to install , because when you turn on java/flash (keeping all pop-ups blocked) the regular ads of sites take all the control and browsing turns impossible.
    After all Im still using the native.
    09-19-14 09:48 AM
    try Simple Browser or Fast Browser
    09-19-14 10:40 AM
    try Simple Browser or Fast Browser .
    09-19-14 10:46 AM
    Im always looking for an alternative browser because the major problem with the native its the lack of plug-ins, Im not asking for something hardcore as the likes of opera or firefox but at least an adblock to install , because when you turn on java/flash (keeping all pop-ups blocked) the regular ads of sites take all the control and browsing turns impossible.
    After all Im still using the native.
    Origami has an adblocker built in. Works nicely for me -- one of the key things I use the PB for is flash video streaming on sites like CBC. Blocks the ads and works like a charm.
    09-19-14 10:55 AM
    Origami has an adblocker built in. Works nicely for me -- one of the key things I use the PB for is flash video streaming on sites like CBC. Blocks the ads and works like a charm.
    Sometimes the ad blocking prevents the streams from starting on the CBC. It needs to show an ad before it starts the main stream or video.
    09-19-14 12:09 PM
    Frost loads YouTube better for me than origami. Now if anybody has the 2.7 version (upgrade) from what is in BBW as a bar that would have fantastic

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 03:46 PM
27 12