I want to get all of my contacts from my 9900 saved to my playbook. How do I got about doing that without inputting them all one by one?

Plz help fellow playbookers
    bluetroll, Neely2005 and CDM76 like this.
    02-21-12 08:44 AM
    You can sync to Google Contacts, then add your gmail account in playbook.

tayl0rd and jamesbondOO7 like this.
    02-21-12 08:51 AM
    I would prefer not to do it this way. There should be a "sync" button or something that would bring all the contacts, calendar, etc over
    02-21-12 09:27 AM
    sync" button or something that would bring all the contacts, calendar, etc over
    02-21-12 09:44 AM
    exactly the same questions! How to?
    02-21-12 09:49 AM
    I am trying to figure out how to import contacts from Microsoft Outlook myself, so far the only way I see to sync contacts is to upload my address book to optonlines web mail address book and then sync it to the playbook. However I guess this is where having a bb phone would be the benefit in not having to do it this way
    02-21-12 09:53 AM
    So does it exist? This is a HUGE problem if it doesnt
    artie, Delirious D and dave1701 like this.
    02-21-12 09:56 AM
    how about using DM for it? going to try it now.. DM7 supports multiple connections like right now i have both connected
    02-21-12 09:58 AM
    Yeah, kind of a pain since Gmail contacts don't have a PIN field as well . . . . (unless I've missed it all this time)
    02-21-12 09:58 AM
    Varunsain, Plz let us know if you can get that to work
    02-21-12 10:02 AM
    I am in the same boat. This is not good RIM. My bridged contacts is EMPTY now on PlayBook. I will take my contacts from phone to either bridged or native PlayBook contacts. Give us something RIM. Wtf
    02-21-12 10:05 AM
    the whole point of having BES is for security , so whats to say that someone decides they buy a playbook, then leave their company but first stealing all the company contacts...

This is the reason why its so segregated, Active Sync is free and is part of Exchange 2007+ so if you are so worried about having the contacts natively then ask your IT team to enable active sync for your account.
    avaio likes this.
    02-21-12 10:07 AM
    how about using DM for it? going to try it now.. DM7 supports multiple connections like right now i have both connected
    Did you succeed to import contacts and calendar with DM?
    02-21-12 10:10 AM
    for MOST people, it has nothing to do with security. All we want is our current contacts and calendar info on our playbook. That is not much to ask. And I don't want to do it through email. You should be able to bring up bridge and just 'sync' it, then boom, all your contacts are available that were on your phone are now on your playbook as well.
    johnkb24, philblin, artie and 9 others like this.
    02-21-12 10:11 AM
    for MOST people it does have to do with security, if you are on a BES server then no it will not work, this is the reason why copy and paste was blocked from bridge access. It makes sense that it is disabled.
    torches and avaio like this.
    02-21-12 10:16 AM
    So does it exist? This is a HUGE problem if it doesnt
    I knew that comment was coming! Is it really "HUGE," dude? Come on.
    02-21-12 10:23 AM
    It should have an option for people on BIS to synch Contacts, Calendar and everything else from device to PB and back and forth
    02-21-12 10:29 AM
    ... And I don't want to do it through email. ...
    read: "I'm too lazy to put forth any effort whatsoever to get what I want. Everything needs to just be handed to me with little to no effort on my part because I'm entitled like that."

The second post in this thread provides a great workaround for this. I did it in less than 5 minutes.
    urbnimports and Boodrew like this.
    02-21-12 10:31 AM
    I knew that comment was coming! Is it really "HUGE," dude? Come on.
    I agree with him, it IS huge. I've got a couple hundred contacts and not only can I not sync from the phone, I can't even sync my playbook to Outlook through the Desktop Manager; they just figured nobody would want that feature?

So I have to run everything through Google? That's BS.
    02-21-12 10:33 AM
    It's complete BS, and I'm am a big fan of rim...how could they have missed this? When you bring up bridge, there should be an option of syncing contacts, same with calendar, etc. This is such a joke. I don't want to do it through email, I don't want gmail on my playbook
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    02-21-12 10:35 AM
    I have a bold 9900 too,
    The solution is; I had to create a gmail account only for contacts and to sync with my bold and my playbook... but data like PIN is not sync...
    My bridge contact is empty... probably a bug.

I expected a easy contact sync between my two blackberry products... nothing is perfect!
    02-21-12 10:39 AM
    it would be cool to have an app like Syncamatic (i have that on blackkberry) where your playbook, blackberry and outlook are all synced... i'm sure (hoping) syncamatic is working on an app for that.
    02-21-12 10:45 AM
    while using DM to sync contacts from BB to outlook works, syncing outlook to the PB does not. There is no organizer folder in the PB. It seems that at this time, only media files can be synced with the PB.

What I'm doing now is syncing to gmail using the instructions posted above by "thetaro."

It is successful. My contacts now are populated not only from my contacts in fb, etc, but from contacts from my phone...

Thanks Thetaro...
    02-21-12 10:48 AM
    I agree that there should be easy syncing between tablet and phone when it comes to Contacts, Calendar, etc.

And the whole argument about security is pretty much BS. NOT having a syncing feature to protect enterprises from employees stealing contacts? Seriously? If that was the case, then why can we back up/transfer contacts to other devices via DM? Or what's to stop someone from just setting a Gmail and syncing it to a gmail account?

Seriously, there should be a seamless sync between the two devices.
    Lhendr and mnhockeycoach99 like this.
    02-21-12 10:56 AM
    read: "I'm too lazy to put forth any effort whatsoever to get what I want. Everything needs to just be handed to me with little to no effort on my part because I'm entitled like that."

The second post in this thread provides a great workaround for this. I did it in less than 5 minutes.
    It's an option. But I am unable to use it.

due to security requirements for my office, I am unable to use my gmail, or any external email application in order to do the gmail method. (in fact, forwarding any work related stuff to external application such as gmail is grounds for dismissal).

It would be nice however for me to be able to sync the contacts that are in my phone with my PB without the need for a 3rd party data provider
    02-21-12 11:00 AM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD