Hey all... Hope everyone is loving their update! I love the new features and was curious if there was now a way to bridge texts or SMS messages or whatever they are called to my playbook. I did a few searches and found info on a couple of apps that are a kind of work around that have mixed success rates.

Any idea if there is a way to bridge txts? I'm new to the blackberry world so any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by bbguy27; 02-21-12 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Typo.
    02-21-12 09:31 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing. Unless I am crazy I swore that until the latest update the txt option was on my PB under bridge apps!

I'm going to do some more searches.
    06-07-12 11:27 PM
    This ability is supposed to be added in a future update.
    06-07-12 11:38 PM
    SCrid2000 did a bar extract on OS 2.1 and I took a look and found a bridge.sms.bar file... but i dont see the icon but take thats for what its' worth.
    06-07-12 11:45 PM
    It will not work until the phone bridge is updated... then SMS will be bridged to the PB.

It will more than likely be updated after the dev beta is done, and a rollout to an official 2.1 is released to the PB.... the phone bridge update will happend just before this.
    06-07-12 11:57 PM
    If you can't wait for the Bridge SMS update from RIM there is an app called SMS Bridge that you can download to your phone. It works by sending your texts through your email. I have been using it for months. It has a couple of quirks but it works well. I forget how much it costs, I think a couple of dollars. I'm looking forward to the update to have an integrated solution as well. At least the app is an option.
    06-08-12 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD