My housemate has a Blackberry Curve 8350, I have a LG Rumor Touch (pre-Android), we both have Virgin Mobile as our carrier. I am looking forward to receiving my BB Playbook 64g. My question, can I bridge the Playbook to my housemate's Blackberry without disrupting her phone use, in particular her checking email? I don't want to buy a Blackberry phone, at least not the Curve, because I am happy with my LG Rumor Touch, but I would like to be able to essentially go online with the Playbook in areas where there is not a wireless connection. My cell phone handles email well enough, so I don't need the Playbook for that purpose.
    01-05-12 02:31 PM
    Yes you can. She would have to download the bridge app to her phone and pair it to your PB. It won't have much effect on the phone. You will be getting her email on your PB and any calendar event notifications. I don't think there is a way to select which features of bridge to allow. It all or nothing.
    Keep in mind it uses a bluetooth connection so the Phone has to be nearby in order for the bridge to work.
    01-05-12 02:50 PM
    But you could turn off the bridge on either device so you could use it only when you need it. On the pb, it is the icon to the right of the Time/date - looks like a picture frame (pb) and a phone crossing into the frame.
    01-05-12 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD