So I got a software update that took about 3 seconds, thought that a bit odd, but figured they pushed an update, as opposed to the whole OS. Novel idea I know....

Now when I bridge, it shows connected in settings, but there are no bridge icons to look at emails and such.

Anybody else get this issue?

While I'm asking questions, is Google screwing with PB owners because I cannot browse to gmail and get new emails since mid August. It tells me I've lost connection with the server.
    Last edited by ericdude; 12-03-11 at 09:29 AM.
    12-03-11 09:27 AM
    What OS are you using?
    12-03-11 09:29 AM
    12-03-11 09:31 AM
    I'm bridged right now, and the only home screen sections are: ALL FAVORITES MEDIA GAMES.

BRIDGE is gone. WTF?
    12-03-11 09:39 AM
    Is it in downloads? Was the update to the bridge app or ?
    12-03-11 09:42 AM
    Is it in downloads? Was the update to the bridge app or ?
    the update came like every other PB OS notification came up, but took only a few seconds to download.

downloads?? on the PB?? no bridge app updates, a Playbook update.
    12-03-11 09:47 AM
    OK wasn't sure if you were talking about on your phone or the playbook. I'm on the beta but have to ask have your restarted the playbook then?
    12-03-11 09:55 AM
    The update you received was most likely a system update to restore a core program element or app you might have deleted recently. If you delete one of the originally installed program apps, PlayBook will redownload it as an "update". It generally appears as a very small update, around 4 mb. Look back at what you may have deleted recently and see if it is back.

As to the bridge icons not appearing, that happens occasionally. Don't know why, but sometimes the PlayBook just flips out. Generally, it can be fixed by restarting the PlayBook, which works much the same as a battery pull on your phone. Give that a try and they should reappear.
    12-03-11 09:59 AM
    There is one thing I wonder about: AT&T encourages to use wifi whenever possible to avoid data usage. That's what I do. Whenever I'm home, I connect to my router and on the road I try to find open networks. Now let's say when I'm at home and I connect my 9810 to my wifi and then bridge to the PlayBook, does the PlayBook use the 4G connection or the wifi?
    12-03-11 10:28 AM
    There is one thing I wonder about: AT&T encourages to use wifi whenever possible to avoid data usage. That's what I do. Whenever I'm home, I connect to my router and on the road I do the same. Now let's say when I'm at home and I connect my 9810 to my wifi and then bridge to the PlayBook, does the PlayBook use the 4G connection or the wifi?
    From what I understand both the playbook and phone will use wifi if it's available before using the carrier network.

So if your phone is connected to wifi wouldn't your playbook be also? The only thing bridge will be for in this case is for email etc. and not the browser.

BTW even if your phone has 4g you will not get 4g speeds bridging your playbook because bluetooth is limited in speed.
    12-03-11 10:32 AM
    Well I guess I realized that I asked a dumb question. LOL if the phone is on wifi, so could the PB. Oh man, that was dumb LOL
    12-03-11 11:19 AM
    Ah not so dumb. It's OK
    12-03-11 11:26 AM
    Restarting the PB should resolve the Bridge icon issue. As for GMail, something is wonky with their mobile site. Scroll down to the bottom of the left column and select the link for Basic HTML. Make a bookmark and delete the mobile shortcut.
    12-03-11 11:31 AM
    Restarting the PB should resolve the Bridge icon issue. As for GMail, something is wonky with their mobile site. Scroll down to the bottom of the left column and select the link for Basic HTML. Make a bookmark and delete the mobile shortcut.
    I've done that but still using the bookmark it defaults back to the mobile so every time I have to scroll down and choose html again.
    12-03-11 11:42 AM
    Gmail working here. I just opened a new account a few minutes ago.
    12-03-11 12:17 PM
    Yep, always works fine for me too cept maybe since I log out? ever time I go in again even with the bookmark I have to choose html again.
    12-03-11 12:22 PM
    I have restarted, to no avail. Will keep working with it.....
    12-03-11 05:46 PM
    Have you tried holding all at the same time power + and - volume buttons until it restarts? Thinking you might have to do a wipe and hook it up to dm for the update.
    12-03-11 06:59 PM
    If you haven't done so, you might try UNpairing (removing the link) the two devices and trying to reestablish the pairing. I've occasionally lost the Bridge icons but the text names appears and those work. Rebooting has restored stuff.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-03-11 07:26 PM
    Thanks F2 I didn't even think of that, sometimes the simpler is better. Hope it works for the OP.
    12-03-11 08:33 PM
    I will attempt this, thanks for the tips
    12-06-11 11:27 AM
    Try removing the Playbook device from your phone. Then uninstall the Bridge from the phone. In the Playbook settings, remove your phone. Then reinstall the Bridge to your phone. Go ahead with the reconnection and tell us if it is back up and working.

I don't think all the kinks are worked out with Bridge yet.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 12-06-11 at 03:07 PM.
    12-06-11 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD