Hello all,

I have a curve 8900 and a new playbook.

I have them bt paired as I can use the remote control,etc...

As for the Bridge, I once got it working as the phone's icons (messages, bbm, etc) would show.

Now I still can use the remote control, the icons won't show and if i go to the bridge (in the playbook) and click the phone it says it cannot connect to the phone through the bridge.

Anyone had this problem?

Could it be some app that I have installed ?

I have removed the bt pairing in both devices , changed the names , rebooted both and did everything from start and got same problem.

In the phone, if I go to the Playbook's entry in the BT settings and choose Device Properties , in the end , in the Services , I have :
    (mine is in poruguese , I'll try to translate)
    A/V Remote Control Destiny
    A/V Remote Control

Shouldn't I have something related to the data service?
    Last edited by nelsonandre; 03-05-12 at 05:41 AM.
    03-05-12 05:32 AM
    What version of Bridge are you using? If you have not, you might try UNinstalling the entire bridge app from the phone, reboot the phone and then reinstall bridge.

Also, make sure that the icons are NOT in a folder or try swiping to the left and/or right and seeing if they are in a second panel. Also, some people have had the icons disappear but TEXT with their names showing and they still work but just the pictures/icons don't show.

(this will also bump this so more people may see it)
    Last edited by F2; 03-05-12 at 09:22 AM.
    03-05-12 09:20 AM
    Be sure you have the all the services selected in the bridge app.
    On your phone open the bridge app. Highlight and click the PB then device properties.
    If that doesn't work I would deleted the app from your phone and restart. Then deleted the bluetooth pair on your PB and restart.
    Get the bridge app from here when you try again.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-25-a-621230/
    Spencerdl and alnamvet68 like this.
    03-05-12 09:29 AM
    It was installed thursday, so I think it's pretty updated.

But I will reinstall and reboot just to be sure.

Will revert afterwards.

Thanks.
    03-05-12 10:05 AM
    Chaddface has a point. Open the Bridge on the phone and check the various options. You can now turn on/off whether they show on the pb. This is so that folks who do not want both Native and Bridge versions of mail, tasks, calendar, etc.
    03-05-12 10:40 AM
    Just reinstalled the Bridge in the phone.
    Now I have version 2.0.0.25

I don't have the Playbook here with me. Will try again later.

thanks.
    03-05-12 10:58 AM
    On your phone open the bridge app. Highlight and click the PB then device properties.
    If that doesn't work I would deleted the app from your phone and restart. Then deleted the bluetooth pair on your PB and restart.
    This is what I would try. I think Chaddface hit the nail on the head
    03-05-12 10:59 AM
    I have the same issue. I got my playbook last year the day they were released, had it bridged before I left the store, and haven't had any issues till this morning. At this point the icons aren't on the PB and the phone doesn't reflect a bridge connection. I went through the connection process manually and via scanning several times to no avail. The phone and PB continue to be paired without issue.
    I deleted and reloaded the bridge app and have rebooted both devices several times.

I'm jonesing.... I still mostly use the bridge apps..

Any ideas?
    03-06-12 07:08 AM
    CB works when the right crackheads post. Excellent post.
    03-06-12 07:14 AM
    I have successfully corrected my problem by uninstalling the bridge from the phone, rebbot the phone then reinstall last version of the bridge.

Everything now works correctly including using the internet data service from my phone to access internet in the playbook.

Thanks for all the replies.
    03-06-12 08:00 AM
    nelsonandre: thanks for reporting back that things are working.
    03-06-12 09:18 AM
    can anyone help me please my blackberry bridge was working perfectly fine until 2days ago the playbook ran out of battery and when i turned it on again after chargeing it it wont connect so if anyone could help me this would be great thankyou.
    09-02-12 06:48 AM
    Try UNpairing the two units and then re-pair them as you would have done initially. Open the Bridge on the phone and see if it is actually ON.
    09-02-12 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD