Sprint don't post pricing on device mobile hotspots you have to call for pricing. Verizon has it posted there anything-share plan.
    I can't see anything about wifi hotspot on there.
    03-16-13 06:29 PM
    That sucks. There trying to get people off that unlimited plan. I wouldn't switch.
    03-16-13 06:34 PM
    Which carrier charges $50 or are you simply trying to exaggerate the benefits of Bridge?
    In my case and using AT$T it would cost me 40$ more.
    I pay 30$ now for an unlimited plan and use 6-7 gb's a months. AT$T requires a minimum of 5gb plan to use tethering or hotspot. It's 10$ for each additional gb. So if use 7gb's a month it would be 70$. 40$ more then my unlimited plan. In addition I would lose my cheaper voice portion and that would add another 10$ or so.

I hear AT&T will let me keep my unlimited plan when I go to BB10.
    At some point I will have to either change my streaming habits or pay up. Until then I will keeping bridging.
    03-16-13 06:38 PM
    I can't see anything about wifi hotspot on there.
    Here is the AT&T page.
    AT&T Individual Data Plans & Mobile Share Data Plans from AT&T
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-16-13 06:41 PM
    This is off Verizons website.
    Attached Thumbnails Bridge vs Phone Hotspot-img_00000085.jpg   Bridge vs Phone Hotspot-img_00000086.jpg  
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-16-13 07:04 PM
    Here is what it shows when I recheck to order:

Bridge vs Phone Hotspot-vz-order-ss2.jpg
    03-16-13 10:10 PM
    I still want to know why white?
    I wanted the white version so it would stand out. I didn't want it to be confused with any other phone out there. And I think the white one just looks better. Now excuse me while I burn some more holes in my credit card at Amazon. I'm ordering a collection of cases.
    03-16-13 11:02 PM
    I wanted the white version so it would stand out. I didn't want it to be confused with any other phone out there. And I think the white one just looks better. Now excuse me while I burn some more holes in my credit card at Amazon. I'm ordering a collection of cases.
    Maybe you won't notice a charge or two for me?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-17-13 12:18 AM
    Presumably that is the cost for data.
    eg I spend $30 per month for 6 GB but there is no extra cost to access that data via mobile hotspot.

What does using your phone as a mobile hotspot on Sprint cost to access this data. Again, it would be surprising to hear this would be an additional $50.
    With Sprint it an add-on. 2gb is $19.99 per month and 6gb is $49.99 per month and 5 cents per mb overage.

I just called Sprint to check and the prices above are still correct.
    he's right,,, $20/2gb - $50/6,,, that is the price for data & hotspot...
    03-17-13 04:01 AM
    I have a Z10 case if you want it. Seemed to have pressed the 2 key when I was checking out. Damn that brandy.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-17-13 07:22 AM
    Stop blaming it on the booze Forest.
    03-17-13 07:59 AM
    I have a Z10 case if you want it. Seemed to have pressed the 2 key when I was checking out. Damn that brandy.
    Thanks, but do me a favor? There is a gift forum around here somewhere and if you were to gift somebody graciously with that extra case, it would be a good thing that would counteract that sarcastic brandy-induced cynically smart-arse side of your personality that seems to manifest itself in some of your posts and comments. *bahahaha*
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-17-13 08:11 AM
    Thanks, but do me a favor? There is a gift forum around here somewhere and if you were to gift somebody graciously with that extra case, it would be a good thing that would counteract that sarcastic brandy-induced cynically smart-arse side of your personality that seems to manifest itself in some of your posts and comments. *bahahaha*
    Oh no no no no no. I've been on that there Z10 forum and they are all a bit strange on there. My accidentally (brandy imposed) ordered spare Z10 case needs to go to a good home where I know it will receive love. You know what I mean, someone who appreciates the finer things in life like pasties and radar heated black puddings, that sort of stuff.
    jamesharmeling and dphjeff like this.
    03-17-13 08:33 AM
    Oh no no no no no. I've been on that there Z10 forum and they are all a bit strange on there. My accidentally (brandy imposed) ordered spare Z10 case needs to go to a good home where I know it will receive love. You know what I mean, someone who appreciates the finer things in life like pasties and radar heated black puddings, that sort of stuff.
    You know you are making it more and more tempting for me to get one of those things when Verizon releases it this coming week!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-17-13 09:27 AM
    You know you are making it more and more tempting for me to get one of those things when Verizon releases it this coming week!
    The case has been nuked in preparation for this event and is ready to fly. I knew that you would succum to the dark side eventually.

By the way do you know how much it would cost me to send a lead lined box to the third bush on the left of the large rock covered in snow, situated to the right of the Amazons main tributary? Or wherever it is in the world you are!
    03-17-13 11:28 AM
    I'm not sure about all carriers, but some US carriers charge an additional monthly fee for hotspot whereas the Bridge is still part of the original data plan.
    This is still true in Canada of some corporate plans as well. Including where I work. Playbook and bridge allowed us to go mobile cost effectively. Very cost effectively.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:47 AM
    Bridge is not just about Internet access but also about keeping my IT people away from my PlayBook
    I like having my work email and policies just configured in my phone, so when I need to work I just bridge it.
    Yes this is the other key aspect. Through bridging I have been allowed to have my field team keep sensitive documents on their BlackBerry phones for use through bridge on the playbook such as P&L statements for reference in the field. Through the bridge and the security of the BlackBerry phones we were easily granted IT approval. If my team leaves a playbook somewhere and loses it, there is literally nothing in it that can compromise security.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-17-13 11:52 AM
    Yes this is the other key aspect. Through bridging I have been allowed to have my field team keep sensitive documents on their BlackBerry phones for use through bridge on the playbook such as P&L statements for reference in the field. Through the bridge and the security of the BlackBerry phones we were easily granted IT approval. If my team leaves a playbook somewhere and loses it, there is literally nothing in it that can compromise security.

Posted via CB10
    Your statement says it all. The fact still remains though that I do miss my bridge folder when it used to be fully of nice looking icons. Mind you I still read that wonderful text file every day just to remind me that I need to think twice before trusting bb.

I did find a workaround though by taking out a separate contract for a 9900 and using that with my pb. I use my Z10 now to prop up a wobbly table leg on my precious casual table that supports my brandy glass. Can't be too careful with brandy you know.

Peace has been restored to the world.
    03-17-13 12:21 PM
    The case has been nuked in preparation for this event and is ready to fly. I knew that you would succum to the dark side eventually.

By the way do you know how much it would cost me to send a lead lined box to the third bush on the left of the large rock covered in snow, situated to the right of the Amazons main tributary? Or wherever it is in the world you are!
    Amazon is no longer a mere tributary. They are an ocean and leasing more and more space and building more and more buildings. But they are keeping it in the family. They are leasing from Vulcan owned by MS' own Paul Allen - so all the money stays within the billionaire family! Right now Allen is negotiating to buy the entire City so that the Council will allow him to build even taller buildings (and I wish I were only half kidding but close to that is actually happening!)
    03-17-13 05:10 PM
    Amazon is no longer a mere tributary. They are an ocean and leasing more and more space and building more and more buildings. But they are keeping it in the family. They are leasing from Vulcan owned by MS' own Paul Allen - so all the money stays within the billionaire family! Right now Allen is negotiating to buy the entire City so that the Council will allow him to build even taller buildings (and I wish I were only half kidding but close to that is actually happening!)
    Cool! My god and I thought I could drink!
    03-17-13 05:15 PM
45 12