From my searching I have determined that the native email client on the Playbook does not support 2 way sync. Is this true for the other native apps as well, Calendar and Contacts? I would like to use my playbook and always have everything synced with my gmail email and calendar. Does that mean that I should not use the native apps and only bridged apps to keep everything in sync?
    06-20-12 11:19 PM
    Wish I could help but my bridge function just quit on me while on vacation so now to the search function to see what's up.

I used to sync w/DM and use the bridge as well now nada
    06-20-12 11:26 PM
    My Gmail email and calendar work perfectly with the 2.0 apps. Kinda work better than my 9700.

100% suggest you utilize these apps.
    06-20-12 11:34 PM
    I can't speak on the email as I don't use the native email, but calendars sync fine between my phone, PC, PB and Gmail. My wife and daughter say their email syncs with their Google accounts fine.
    06-21-12 02:13 AM
    Ofcourse everything syncs on the PB.

Bridge is instant since it's a mirror of the BB.

However, Native app relies on Wifi (though it works through Bridged internet also) so the sync is not instant like Bridge. But it definitely syncs right.
    06-21-12 03:01 AM
    OK, so from what I understand the native apps will indeed sync with gmail email, contacts and calendar but it just takes some time, but the bridge apps sync instantly, correct? Last night I created a test appointment in my calendar on the playbook and 12 hours later it has not shown up on my google calendar on my PC. Maybe it is because I shut off the playbook a few minutes after creating the appointment so it hasn't contacted the servers yet to sync.

Are most people using the native apps or Bridge apps. I'm still trying to learn the differences and which one is best for me. Thanks
    06-21-12 12:53 PM
    You have to jump thru some hoops to get gmail syncing everything. I don't use it so a search should find it for you.
    06-21-12 01:03 PM
    Crackberry covered all your calendar needs. Contacts are a no-brainer.

http://crackberry.com/how-sync-multi...berry-playbook
    06-21-12 02:37 PM
    OK, so from what I understand the native apps will indeed sync with gmail email, contacts and calendar but it just takes some time, but the bridge apps sync instantly, correct? Last night I created a test appointment in my calendar on the playbook and 12 hours later it has not shown up on my google calendar on my PC. Maybe it is because I shut off the playbook a few minutes after creating the appointment so it hasn't contacted the servers yet to sync.

Are most people using the native apps or Bridge apps. I'm still trying to learn the differences and which one is best for me. Thanks
    Yup you need to have an active internet connection on the PlayBook to send and/or receive data. For an active connection, you playbook needs to be active

I have setup native mail, but just 1 out of 5. This does not have much e-mail exchange but I keep it for the times I have to send out e-mails from my PlayBook and feel the need to use the extensive functions on the Native mail. So for those times, e-mailing files from PB, pictures and composing formatted e-mails, I use native mail.

Otherwise, all of the mails are bridged. They load beautifully on the Playbook, it's fast and easy to use. Sync is instant so no worries there..

Contacts are loaded on both! It's fun to use native contacts on the playbook. Yup syncing can be an issue at times, as it's not as fast as the bridge, but I don't make many changes to my contacts via the playbook.

Calendars, again same as contacts. On both. Native calendar is just super. But here I have just setup 2 accounts, gmail and facebook. both of which sync smoothly..

What else.. BBM is one way only bridge. Memos, tasks, etc. are just one way again.

If I get my hands on a 4G playbook.. the first thing i will do is switch to everything native. Without any doubt.
    06-22-12 03:12 AM
    my gmail syncs both ways - between my phone, PB and Desktop - i've always got an up to date version.
    06-22-12 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD