one very cool feature this new update has brought is the ability to download via bridge browser to the playbook...now i dont have to save a download to the BB and copy via USB to the playbook
    09-17-11 05:46 AM
    Okay, help this old guy...

Where are people seeing differences with the new bridge? What about email and calendar has changed? Are we talking about on the PB or on the bbphone?

And I read without glasses but maybe it's time....
    if you create a new email, you will see icons along the right side for send (envelope with squiggles) and others for priority, attachments etc. vs. at the top where you had to scroll to use the send/save button. On the left side you have a back button which allows you to save or discard the email.

On the calendar it seems to load all the data (i.e. appointments) at once. it might be faster loading or it might just delay until all the dates are populated. I do not see a huge difference.

Also on the calender you can now flag appointments and set reminders and assign to others. I don't recall that in the previous version but I could be wrong.

Not sure why, but for me the Bridge Browser seems about 30% slower. Others report a faster Bridge Browser experience.
    Last edited by kjm2010; 09-17-11 at 07:43 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-11 07:38 AM
    kjm:

I finally noticed the changes last night when I replied to an email on the pb. Although, I will admit that the icons were not immediately self-evident.
    09-17-11 09:48 AM
    if you create a new email, you will see icons along the right side for send (envelope with squiggles) and others for priority, attachments etc. vs. at the top where you had to scroll to use the send/save button. On the left side you have a back button which allows you to save or discard the email.

On the calendar it seems to load all the data (i.e. appointments) at once. it might be faster loading or it might just delay until all the dates are populated. I do not see a huge difference.

Also on the calender you can now flag appointments and set reminders and assign to others. I don't recall that in the previous version but I could be wrong.

Not sure why, but for me the Bridge Browser seems about 30% slower. Others report a faster Bridge Browser experience.
    My Bridge Browser is definitely slower with this build.
    09-17-11 11:34 AM
    My Bridge Browser is definitely slower with this build.
    For some reason I had 2 versions of Bridge on my phone... I deleted both of them and reinstalled the latest version through App World.

I can now say that the Bridge Browser motors. In fact the whole tablet functions better now while bridged.
    09-17-11 05:25 PM
    Loaded, updated and works great. No issues faster app loads. Using Sprint. Oh btw Vevo works as well, though videos load slow due to BT speeds.
    09-17-11 05:29 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge Upgrade 1.0.6.5 fixes HTTPS login!
    tecal4 likes this.
    09-17-11 06:33 PM
107 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD