All my convo's are showing the same name, and its not even a name that i was having a convo with. I deleted all my convos and tried again but when i get more than 1 convo going at the same time all the names revert back to one contact. Any ideas?
    10-03-12 08:08 AM
    I would guess you have to wait for the OS2.1 final release
    10-03-12 08:09 AM
    i deleted that contact and now it seems to work...no idea what caused it but just glad to have this feature working, even in its infancy.
    10-03-12 08:13 AM
    Sorry but I hadn't received the update until now.

Tried the SMS feature and it's working fine. Glad to see yours is too.
    10-03-12 09:50 AM
    I had the same issue, I closed the txt msg app, and re opened, and all was fine after
    10-03-12 10:02 AM
    Sorry but I hadn't received the update until now.

Tried the SMS feature and it's working fine. Glad to see yours is too.
    10-03-12 10:17 AM
    My bridge "Conversations" are screwed up. I show 7 conversations all from the same name and then another 7 from another name. The other problem is that the name and the messages don't match up. Also, the two names that are showing up don't have any associated texts on my phone, so they shouldn't even be there.

Closing and re-opening the Text app fixes it.
    10-03-12 11:20 AM
    The app is completely useless for me. Playbook shows random names - as it's loading I can actually see the name change a few times
    10-03-12 11:40 AM
    i deleted that contact and now it seems to work...no idea what caused it but just glad to have this feature working, even in its infancy.
    I had the same issue and deleting the contact that shows (someone I haven't talked to in awhile) works.
    10-03-12 11:45 AM
    yup, I have 12 txt conversations on the Torch,

When the Bridge app is started, it briefly puts them in the correct list with the correct contact, and then scrambles them into a mishmash of all the conversations and puts them under an incorrect contact name. Then it repeats the Contact Name a half dozen times.

I delete the conversations on the PB (which doesn't eliminate them from the phone, fortunately) re-start the phone and PB, and re-start the Txt Bridge app. It re-populates the Conversations exactly the same way again, with all the txts in the same stream under one incorrect contact with a bunch of duplicate contacts below it. All updates done correctly on the phone and PB, and the text conversations are correct on the phone.

Useless bridge app...texting works better from the phone anyways.
    Last edited by vorpalz; 10-03-12 at 11:50 AM.
    10-03-12 11:48 AM
    What about the sorting of the contacts in the text message app? My contacts start at A but withing about 10 down in the list it's all over the place. No sorting from a dropdown menu from the top so I have no idea how to get it sorted properly.

Mike
    10-03-12 11:52 AM
    There was a post in the finding/fixes thread that it was related to phone number field have letters and numbers in it.

I had the same problem, deleted the old contact, but I remember the old contact had letterers in the number field. I think it was 123-4567cell 123-4568home. It is from old data imported over the years as I changed devices.
    anon3969612 and Uncle Remus like this.
    10-03-12 12:17 PM
    There was a post in the finding/fixes thread that it was related to phone number field have letters and numbers in it.

I had the same problem, deleted the old contact, but I remember the old contact had letterers in the number field. I think it was 123-4567cell 123-4568home. It is from old data imported over the years as I changed devices.
    Yep, that was the issue. I had to edit the contact info on the phone and move the text data out of the phone number field. Once I did that with each contact that was mislabelled in the Bridge SMS app, everything appeared as it should.

That was my only gripe with this OS upgrade and it's now fixed... excellent.
    10-03-12 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD