ok - texting on the playbook.

Want to create a new text for multiple people.

What's the simple, quickest, most intuitive way of doing it?

I'd have thought something like hit New, then be able to enter multiple names one after the other like on a phone. Nothing more complicated than that.

So far - open a new conversation start entering a name - no automated search through contacts. Doesn't even suggest a contact once you've pressed enter.

How do you add a second name to the same new text?

This isn't very intuitive imo
    10-03-12 05:38 AM
    Are you already using it?

That was fast lol
    10-03-12 05:50 AM
    Its the same as in Bridged BBM. Press the icon that has the 3 message bubbles (yellow, green and white) this then pulls up a list of your contacts, select the contacts you want to send the message to. The only downside is that there is no "search" feature when adding multiple contacts so you have to scroll through your entire list.
    amjass12 likes this.
    10-03-12 05:54 AM
    Its the same as in Bridged BBM. Press the icon that has the 3 message bubbles (yellow, green and white) this then pulls up a list of your contacts, select the contacts you want to send the message to. The only downside is that there is no "search" feature when adding multiple contacts so you have to scroll through your entire list.
    driving me nuts - almost 500 contacts and no search - or even to jump to first letter!!!!!

guess another bridge update required - or would that come with 2.1 official to fix?

These are simple basic things right????

edit
    ahhhhhhh - you cant add or remove someone from the list once you've click ok after selection.

please let this be fixed in 2.1 official - else this is pants.
    Last edited by blockbuy; 10-03-12 at 05:59 AM.
    10-03-12 05:57 AM
    2.1 official hasnt even landed and you people are crying that the sky is falling. Gah get a grip and wait till 2.1 before starting drawing your conjectures.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-03-12 06:09 AM
    yep - chicken licken - sky is falling in.

least we can measure the before and after differences with .840 and the official :-)
    10-03-12 06:21 AM
    i hope the PB OS itself will bring the SMS app to the playbook bridge folder. it'd be much easier working inside a SMS app than searching through long list of contacts from BBM
    10-03-12 06:55 AM
    Works great...love it.
    10-03-12 07:50 AM
    i hope a search feature will be implemented in the future
    10-03-12 07:52 AM
    10-03-12 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD