Hey guys,

I've been using Crunch SMS on my Bold 9900 as I find it much better then the default one and as such, had to adjust some settings like the Firewall and what not.

Question, is it possible to receive messages via the new bridge on my PB with latest update? I'm able to send them, but I'm not receiving them obviously because I have the firewall setup on my Bold.

Anyone else? I know Crunch SMS is extremely popular so hoping someone has a solution.

Thanks.
    10-03-12 04:29 PM
    I would assume that since you usually keep the firewall up to block native text (so you don't get double notifications), that they won't show up on the Playbook when bridged. I used Crunch for years, but have gotten used to the native app this past year.
    10-03-12 07:23 PM
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I was just hoping there would be a workaround. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.
    10-05-12 07:13 AM
    hi now that it is possible for the SMS to work on the PlayBook do you think its is up to the crunch creator to create a PlayBook app for it to work just a thought

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-05-12 07:32 AM
    I reached out to the CrunchSMS team about a dedicated app for the PB regarding the new OS update and was told they would be discussing it at they next development meeting. When that is however I don't know. But they did respond to my email within an hour so they are responsive.
    10-05-12 07:50 AM
    That's really cool. Thanks for checking.
    10-05-12 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD