For the heck of it I reinstalled the OS on both my playbook and my phone.

Now when using bridge (either browser) it's a lot, I repeat a lot slower now.

Any idea's? Thanks
    08-28-11 03:11 PM
    Let's see, what's that line:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

But could it just be a temporary slowdown that just showed up after the install?
    08-28-11 03:33 PM
    I'm still using my BB Storm 9530, but after updating to the latest OS, i tend to agree with you....playbook browser seems to be running way slower.
    08-28-11 03:52 PM
    Bridge or Tethering

The Browser is slow and sometimes unresponsive. Both are updated to the latest software, I regret upgrading.

I hope OS 2.0 fixes all this!
    08-28-11 04:05 PM
    Bridge and yes it's possible F2.
    08-28-11 04:08 PM
    I guess I'm lucky that I don't count on using the bridge browser at home. Today where I do count on using bridge it seems the same as it use to so at home there must be something that sucks.

Well just glad it's working better where I need it.
    08-29-11 06:41 AM
    How did you reinstall the PB OS? I'm having a problem with Bridge Files and attachments on my PB, I've tried the "debrick" method and honestly don't think that it truly wipes the OS from scratch because my issue still exists after I have completed the wipe. Yet if I pair to a display model at the store bridge files and mail attachments work perfectly.

My point being that I don't think there is a way to "completely" reinstall the PB OS and you might have some remnant lingering thats messing with the Bridge the way I do.
    08-29-11 07:16 AM
    same issue here, my browser is slow ! hopefully new update will fix this issue
    08-29-11 07:30 AM
    You could always try the security wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 07:31 AM
    I did a security wipe then did the DM thing but DM said the playbook needed to be setup so went thru all of that then tried again and like you it acted like it something happened but after reboot I didn't have the setup prompt as it was all ready setup so I don't think debrick really does anything either cause if it does wouldn't I have had to the setup again?
    08-29-11 07:46 AM
    I did a security wipe then did the DM thing but DM said the playbook needed to be setup so went thru all of that then tried again and like you it acted like it something happened but after reboot I didn't have the setup prompt as it was all ready setup so I don't think debrick really does anything either cause if it does wouldn't I have had to the setup again?
    same issue here m8, lets wait for OS 2.0 update
    08-29-11 07:55 AM
    Without giving us the ability to completely wipe/reinstall the OS, RIM are shooting themselves in the foot. Because a DM debrick didn't actually do anything RIM are now going to send me a new unit to fix a minor bridge issue that a full wipe would fix by itself. Crazy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 08:33 AM
    Wow zandermac that is crazy.
    08-29-11 10:33 AM
    My bridge browser has been slow as mollasses for nearly 3 days now. In fact, opening a mobile page using phone browser is a pain.

I have contacted my carrier and they have logged my call.
    08-29-11 10:37 AM
    No problem with my bridge. I'm using it right now in a poor coverage area and it's working great.

Btw, I've never had any problems with either the 16g PB or the 32g that I upgraded to. I've never even had to perform a hard restart as simple restarts have done the trick even when a mortgage calculator app caused some odd behavior (deleted it and nominal function returned).
    08-29-11 10:45 AM
    I didn't do anything different from yesterday except for I'm in a different town then yesterday. Today it seems to be normal from before I did my wipe and reinstall.

Anyone else with a slow bridge tried in another location/town? Maybe it's the towers in our locations?
    08-29-11 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD