Hello

I purchased Nobex radio and it is amazing except for one puzzling/dismaying thing:
    I can listen to stations on my PB via Wifi, I can listen to stations on my Bold 9900 over the network or via WiFi but I cannot listen to stations on my PB via the bridge from the Bold. I get a "blocked in your area" notice (except for one single local station). My understanding was that the network doesn't even see the PB. I simply don't understand why this doesn't work. Every other media streaming app works fine.
    Any ideas? Thanks

Michael Grant
    01-28-12 08:25 PM
    I think it has something to do with app use over Bridge. I also have Nobex on my PB and my Bold 9650 but can only use Nobex on my PB via wifi. Hopefully OS 2.0 will allow for app use over Bridge but I am not sure. Great app through, I always use it to listen to my favorite stations.
    01-28-12 09:16 PM
    Slacker Radio will play through bridge

MusicMaster plays through bridge

Sky.fm will play through the browser

Nobex is similar to Slacker and it doesn't work through bridge
    01-28-12 09:45 PM
    Nobex streams through the carrier network instead of BIS and thus will not work via Bridge.
    myklgrant likes this.
    01-29-12 02:28 AM
    Hush 9300
    Thank-you. I finally have my answer. I've been exchanging emails with Nobex trying to sort this out and it just didn't make sense. Now it does.

Michael Grant
    01-29-12 02:59 AM
    But...there is still that one local station (CIUP) that will play
    01-29-12 03:04 AM
    Maybe nobex see a RIM IP and think you're in Canada? The RIM UK IP range is registered to Canada.
    01-29-12 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD