Hello
    What is the easiest way to get files from my

Q10 to my playbook
    And
    Playbook to Q10

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:57 AM
    What sort of files are you talking about? i.e. can you attach them to an email you send yourself or not?
    08-18-14 11:00 AM
    I never tried using Bridge to transfer files, as the stock PlayBook file manager is so basic and limited.

You could sideload ES File Explorer on PlayBook and install the Android apk on your BB10. Make sure both devices are on the same workgroup.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 11:21 AM
    I was hoping for native
    I find some of the sideloads let you explore so deep I can't find the files.
    I am looking for any files I would store on my devices like pdf, image, doc, ect nothing too deep or involved

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 11:26 AM
    I never tried using Bridge to transfer files, as the stock PlayBook file manager is so basic and limited.

You could sideload ES File Explorer on PlayBook and install the Android apk on your BB10. Make sure both devices are on the same workgroup.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, that was going to be my next suggestion depending on the size of the files.

One other alternative that may be thought easier by some is to create the Playbook as a mapped directory over wifi on a PC/laptop, and if the same applies to the phone (set up in Link, but not using Link) then files can be manipulated from the PC and transferred directly between phone/Playbook/laptop all at the same time.

That's how I do it - I can manipulate files over wifi across three devices essentially.
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-18-14 11:27 AM
    I was hoping for native
    I find some of the sideloads let you explore so deep I can't find the files.
    I am looking for any files I would store on my devices like pdf, image, doc, ect nothing too deep or involved

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    As far as I'm aware, there isn't anything native on PlayBook BlackBerry World capable of this functionality.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 11:31 AM
    It used be possible on legacy devices, but sadly the BlackBerry Bridge lacks this function on BlackBerry 10 and I don't think BlackBerry will fix it any time soon, cause they basically stopped the support for PlayBook and don't yet plan to release another tablet yet as far as I'm concerned. So the easiest would be to use a cloud solution ir send the files via email.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-18-14 11:31 AM
    OK so no app
    Makes sense my non bb10 could do it I was wondering how I could forget how to do it! Ha
    I am interested in the wifi mapping I'll try it!
    I want a non email version since I may be out and about and hoped it would be faster thru an app or bridge thanks folks!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 12:33 PM
    Here's the old thread on wifi file sharing on the Playbook :

http://crackberry.com/wi-fi-file-sha...berry-playbook

Once that's done, if you've set up the same with your phone on Link, then you can transfer directly between them all. It's quite powerful.

In theory, you could also make the Playbook one of the drives available from the File Manager on the BB10 phone, but personally I couldn't get it to work.

Best of luck!

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    08-18-14 12:38 PM
    What is the easiest way to get files from my Q10 to my playbook and Playbook to Q10?
    You have heard that both of these devices will mount as network drives, using a conventional USB cable, right?
    Last edited by CBCListener; 08-18-14 at 04:01 PM.
    08-18-14 03:39 PM
    I hear what your all saying about network.
    I assume I will figure it out
    Actually very cool
    But this would be for home use! And I will set this up!

Originally my thought is while traveling on a train or in public setting. I am interested in this network and I appreciate all the help!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:21 PM
    Have you tried Dropbox?
    08-20-14 11:19 AM
    I use windows explorer entirely. Much easier and neater than any other method. To transfer files to phone I take sd card from phone, put it in a usb card reader, transfer files directly from computer to sd card via card reader and then reinnsert card to phone. Tocopy files tto playbook itself I copy files from computer to playbook again using windows explorer

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:21 PM
    I use windows explorer entirely. Much easier and neater than any other method.
    I think, now that I'm reading these other comments and hints, that he wants to skip the whole PC thing entirely. Although I don't see myself, why a file transfer is ever an urgent need.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:40 PM
    Duh. Ok my mistake. Now that I understand I have used bridge to copy small individual files, but it's not the most reliable way as I remember many times the connection gets lost. And it seems a lot slower too.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:04 PM
    I use windows explorer entirely. Much easier and neater than any other method. To transfer files to phone I take sd card from phone, put it in a usb card reader, transfer files directly from computer to sd card via card reader and then reinnsert card to phone. Tocopy files tto playbook itself I copy files from computer to playbook again using windows explorer

Posted via CB10
    That seems awfully longwinded. Why not just move the lot over your network connection?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:41 AM
    Because the original question was. ". Whats the easiest way to move files from. Q10 to playbook. Moving files thru a network isn't the easiest way to do so, especially if it hasn't been set up yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:29 AM
    Because the original question was. ". Whats the easiest way to move files from. Q10 to playbook. Moving files thru a network isn't the easiest way to do so, especially if it hasn't been set up yet.

Posted via CB10
    The easiest way is to email it to yourself ultimately! It's only big files it requires something more.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 12:43 PM
    you haven't had bridge just disconnect all by itself between playbook and ur phone best way to transfer files is using a computer with usb cord.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 02:52 PM
    Email works tho. But he asked bestway

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 02:54 PM
    Email works tho. But he asked bestway

Posted via CB10
    Actually he asked for the easiest way.
    Banco likes this.
    08-21-14 07:44 PM
    Hay I missed that my post went active again
    Ya I thought there was a way it would come in the native file manager. I thought some one said that was an option but was removed when bb10 bridge came out.
    I have not tried dropbox actually I could bridge the wifi from my phone perhaps. It's an option.

The question started where I had a file on my phone but wanted to read it bigger on my playbook while I was on a train. So no windows. And just bridge.
    I wondered of ways I did not know about. Other then I do suppose email could work ya!

Thanks for all the efforts into my question!

Peace

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 06:11 PM
    Ya I thought there was a way it would come in the native file manager.
    Definitely one of the nicer things in legacy BBOS7 that didn't make it into BB10. I lament this omission at least once a week.

The question started where I had a file on my phone but wanted to read it bigger on my playbook while I was on a train. So no windows. And just Bridge.
    Yeah, sorry for not picking up on that. It's really great when the PlayBook and the phone act as one...maybe, just maybe, with BlackBerry Blend this functionality will be restored for BB10/PlayBook interactions.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:50 PM
    Thank you for the reply
    Glad it's clear
    Sad it's not better function on that

Lots of hope for the blend

Take care

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:21 AM
    Files and Folders on the playbook allows you to access files on your Q10. You can just cut/copy and paste from Q10 folders to Playbook folders.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:56 AM
44 12